MD/DC/VA | 2011 GTG Season Thread |

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:47 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Oh, yes, Katie's should be happening. I contacted some Lotus owners, and we should have a few, inclusing an Essex Esprit.

--Bob Collum

Old 03-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tonk
Hey Almo, it was nice to actually meet you in person after drooling over your car at all these meets haha. It was Alan, right?

I put my pictures from 3/19 in the Cars & Coffee Great Falls thread.

Very nice meeting you too! Look forward to heading out more this year.

Cheers,
Allen

Old 03-29-2011, 05:12 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
agreed...

Great point Steve. I prefer the Fairlakes Kohl's meet to Katie's for several reasons. While I can't imagine Katie's attendance suffering too much, I would encourage anyone who hasn't been out to the Kohl's meet to make arrangements. It's well worth it.

Originally Posted by tssci
I'll start this discussion as several of us at the Sunday Starbucks gathering mentioned that the already congested parking lot at Katies...with the season really having yet begun...may be a call for another venue. Last Saturday the entire front parking lot was full; one needs to be careful of the several food delivery trucks that are making deliveries between 0700 - 0900; locals who are competing (and carelessly parking their SUVs) for space to run in for coffee; and the close 'door to door' parking for our special cars. The Sunday/Starbucks gathering - while not as popular yet - is FAR more stress free; allows for a more reasonable starting time; and there is no urgency to abandon the lot by 0900. It is easier to view the cars and there is room to allow a space and half for each car. For those who need their 'starting fluid' in the morning, Starbucks has that. So....is there not a better location for the Saturday morning gathering in Tysons, Sterling, Ashburn or Leesburg for starters?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:02 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Great point Steve. I prefer the Fairlakes Kohl's meet to Katie's for several reasons. While I can't imagine Katie's attendance suffering too much, I would encourage anyone who hasn't been out to the Kohl's meet to make arrangements. It's well worth it.
That would really suck to get up at the crack *** of dawn only to drive 40 or 50 miles to a near full parking lot...then have to squeeze into half a parking space between a soccar mom escalade and a late sparcely dented mid-'90s minivan with missing trim and a soccer ball sticker on the rear deck. Then after waiting for the store to open and waiting in line - finally with coffee in hand return to your car and find a nice dent, scratch, or gouge...and no SUV or Minivan around and not "sorry I'll repair that" note on your windshield....

Old 03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Well, I'll tell ya, I would rather all these events be more cruizin than parkin. I made it out to Katie's from SSMD three times last year. That was fine, but not necessary to make it every week. Now, when Mike cruised over to the brand new Porsche dealership for my Tech Session (a week early) with me, that made for a fun run after hanging in the lot. I just wish these would turn into some fun runs.

That is all.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
The cruises we used to do after the Tysons and/or Rockville meets were always fun

Old 03-30-2011, 03:44 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
again....agreed...

Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Well, I'll tell ya, I would rather all these events be more cruizin than parkin... I just wish these would turn into some fun runs.
That is all.
You're not the only one. I definitely think this will be happening once the weather is consistently warmer.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 AM
RogueS60R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Well, I'll tell ya, I would rather all these events be more cruizin than parkin. I made it out to Katie's from SSMD three times last year. That was fine, but not necessary to make it every week. Now, when Mike cruised over to the brand new Porsche dealership for my Tech Session (a week early) with me, that made for a fun run after hanging in the lot. I just wish these would turn into some fun runs.

That is all.
I second this comment, when you car sits for weeks at a time, the parking lot is ok, but you want to give it the beans every now and then.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:45 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, let's do this....how about some spirited cruises.....like one from Tysons to fredericksburg......then one from Frederick to Fairfax or something.....thoughts???? We just need venues.......I love bull's runs but sometimes dependent on the group they can get really wild......I think I'm looking for spirited cruises......

Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I remember from my BMW meets back in days we would meed at Tysons2 every Friday, hangout for hour or so than drive over to Rockville Starbucks meet which was good spirited drive and fun.. or sometimes we went over to Hooters in Fairfax for bite to eat and drove around the beltway..lol

Old 04-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Berk that sounds like a great idea, I'd prefer to stay out of VA as much as possible though, there's a lot of nice roads towards Frederick.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
Berk that sounds like a great idea, I'd prefer to stay out of VA as much as possible though, there's a lot of nice roads towards Frederick.
I'm glad you said it cause I really don't like the VA PoPo. Born and raised over there, I've had my share. Get pulled more for sportscar profiling and missing plate than actual speeding. Bull Run's are famous for a reason. Zero PoPo, rarely a stop light or traffic. MoCo and Frederick Counties just have the best open roads within the DC area, and this is just my opinion.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Yeah I'd rather drive up there than play in my own back yard. Sad that the drive for revenue has resulted in such a moronic state of things when it comes to traffic enforcement.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:11 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
Amen brother! I agree keep it out of the commonwealth as much as possible...bring it home to MD...much safer that way!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:02 PM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sunir
Amen brother! I agree keep it out of the commonwealth as much as possible...bring it home to MD...much safer that way!
But, Fredericksburg now has my childhood favorite for a lunch stop...Steak-n-Shake has come to the Old Dominion. Also, bueno BBQ in Ashland. A man can't live on petrol alone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MD/DC/VA | 2011 GTG Season Thread |