MD/DC/VA | 2011 GTG Season Thread |

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
MD/DC/VA | 2011 GTG Season Thread |

EVERY SATURDAY MORNING - Katie's Coffee | Great Falls | 7:00AM
EVERY SUNDAY MORNING - Fair Oaks Starbuck's (next to Dick's) | Fairfax | 8:30AM

- March 19th 10:00 AM to 12:30 AM - Tyson’s Corner Starbucks followed by lunch at Coastal Flats in Fairfax, VA (Fairfax Corner)

Last edited by Almo; 03-16-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
March 19th 10:00 AM to 12:30 AM
Tyson’s Corner Starbucks followed by lunch at Coastal Flats in Fairfax, VA (Fairfax Corner).

I plan to call Coastal and reserve the outside patio. Otherwise and pending numbers, we can slide some table together inside.

Note, folks located in the Bristow, Gainesville, Haymarket or close can meet up with a few of us at the Harris Teeter in Bristow, VA around 9:30 AM to cruise over to Tyson’s.

Cheers,
Allen

Old 03-15-2011, 06:32 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for starting the thread Allen!!! Looking forward to Saturday.

We've got several options which we can converge here that I'll put together some dates for which is usually Katie's Coffee on Saturdays (6:30AMish) and Fair Oaks Starbuck's on Sunday's (8:30AMish). I'd like to add a few cruises as well for Mid-Atlantic Motor Club to go to Atlantic City for a day, Philadelphia for a day, another Midnight Run to Times Square NYC, etc etc....... So, the "CORE" events at the moment are:

EVERY SATURDAY MORNING - Katie's Coffee | Great Falls | 6:30AM
EVERY SUNDAY MORNING - Fair Oaks Starbuck's (next to Dick's) | Fairfax | 8:30AM

Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Sounds good! Once we get some events laid out, you can copy paste into a new thread and have someone make it a sticky.

You be able to make it out this Saturday?

Cheers,
Allen

Old 03-15-2011, 09:34 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Actually, Katie's in Great Falls is geared to start around 7:00AM, as that is when the coffee house opens. Once the season REALLY gets underway, (probably by sometime in April this year), I tell people to get there as early as possible, between about 7:00 and 7:30AM, because the 'front' lot fills up by 7:30AM on big days. If you actually get there by 6:30AM, good for you -- but you'll be standing around outside for a while!

--Bob Collum

Old 03-15-2011, 05:45 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah buddy!! May not make Coastal, but will make the coffee.

Originally Posted by Almo
Sounds good! Once we get some events laid out, you can copy paste into a new thread and have someone make it a sticky.

You be able to make it out this Saturday?

Cheers,
Allen

Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Is there an address for the Tysons Corner Starbucks? I'll need to throw it into the GPS.

Id like to finally meet up with you guys and put some names to some faces!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:43 AM
It's right on the corner of Spring Hill Road and Route 7 west in Vienna/tysons corner. It is in the same shopping center as the Ethan Allen Gallery next to an Exxon and across the street from Rosenthal Nissan/Infiniti.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by rcollum
Actually, Katie's in Great Falls is geared to start around 7:00AM, as that is when the coffee house opens. Once the season REALLY gets underway, (probably by sometime in April this year), I tell people to get there as early as possible, between about 7:00 and 7:30AM, because the 'front' lot fills up by 7:30AM on big days. If you actually get there by 6:30AM, good for you -- but you'll be standing around outside for a while!

--Bob Collum
Bob,

Thanks and I have changed the time above.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Looks like a good deal...I'm out this weekend going to VIR to instruct at the Zone 2 Porsche Club event...my beginner student has an '04 996TT this time ...

Almo the idea of Tysons is good for some of us Marylanders, in fact a lunch or even dinner meet out there sounds great, maybe combaine it with some sort of drive as well...keep up the good work on the GTG here in the DMV!

Old 03-17-2011, 04:33 AM
Originally Posted by sunir
Looks like a good deal...I'm out this weekend going to VIR to instruct at the Zone 2 Porsche Club event...my beginner student has an '04 996TT this time ...

Almo the idea of Tysons is good for some of us Marylanders, in fact a lunch or even dinner meet out there sounds great, maybe combaine it with some sort of drive as well...keep up the good work on the GTG here in the DMV!

Thanks! I will need some help with events that are out and about in our area. I'm sure between most of us here, Berk and I; we can create a list of main events and add as we go.

I agree with you regarding cruising and for this Saturday, I figured a stop at Tyson's followed by a lunch at Coastal (for those who would like to join) calls for a cruise of about 10 to 15 miles and hence allows us to stretch the legs of our cars together for a few miles.

Will see you soon and have fun instructing this weekend.

Cheers,
Allen

Old 03-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Especially looking forward to the cruise and showing you GT1 TT guys what an NA TT can do to you all!!!

Originally Posted by Almo
Thanks! I will need some help with events that are out and about in our area. I'm sure between most of us here, Berk and I; we can create a list of main events and add as we go.

I agree with you regarding cruising and for this Saturday, I figured a stop at Tyson's followed by a lunch at Coastal (for those who would like to join) calls for a cruise of about 10 to 15 miles and hence allows us to stretch the legs of our cars together for a few miles.

Will see you soon and have fun instructing this weekend.

Cheers,
Allen

Old 03-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boochook
Especially looking forward to the cruise and showing you GT1 TT guys what an NA TT can do to you all!!!

An NA TT, huh?

Old 03-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
sorry Berkster.

Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
An NA TT, huh?

Old 03-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Hahahahahaha......see you *****es at 10am

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MD/DC/VA | 2011 GTG Season Thread |