Speeding Ticket?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sunir
VA is crazy....just don't speed there, ever. In fact waive at the cops as you pass by them in a sports car doing speed limit...it ticks them off
Wouldn't recommend that. You'll likely get pulled over for making a threatening gesture at a cop, which then they'll use as probable cause to search your entire car/person. You really just need to drive past a VA cop with hands on 10 and 2, looking straight ahead, seatbelt fastened, until they are plain out of site.

I could've sworn VA was instant jail if 90+. We also have the horrendous fines (what is it, $3000 for 90+?). Anything above 80 is wreckless, but no jail.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:01 PM
dissention is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by st4rk
Wouldn't recommend that. You'll likely get pulled over for making a threatening gesture at a cop, which then they'll use as probable cause to search your entire car/person. You really just need to drive past a VA cop with hands on 10 and 2, looking straight ahead, seatbelt fastened, until they are plain out of site.

I could've sworn VA was instant jail if 90+. We also have the horrendous fines (what is it, $3000 for 90+?). Anything above 80 is wreckless, but no jail.
I'd rather pay an extra 1% in state taxes instead of dealing with these unpredictable & harsh laws that no other state has. I'm new to the DC area and can't believe this has been going on for so long in VA without a referendum or ballot initiative.

I tried calling a few lawyers to help me fight the speeding ticket and they flat out told me they were swamped and it wouldn't be worth their time (or my money) to represent someone for anything below reckless. I appreciate their honesty but welcome any recommendations you guys might have.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:19 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I drive speed limit in VA always. it's not worth the risk...I went to VA tech for undergrad and lived in McLean for a while but now am in MD...thank god no more crazy harsh auto laws.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by st4rk

Agreed, and to think I was contemplating a move to VA a few years ago.