Speeding Ticket?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:43 AM
lakhoon is infamous around these parts
Speeding Ticket?

Would appreciate any advice for the ticket I received yesterday on I-66. First ticket in over 10 years. Got pull over doing 82... Didn't know that I-66 speed limit was 55mph. Result: Reckless driving...

Guess this is a class 1 misdemeanor.

Thinking about getting a lawyer to get it down to just a minor speeding ticket.

Any advice or experience on this would be most appreciated!!

lakhoon

Old 03-27-2011, 04:17 PM
mdyaman is infamous around these parts
would recommend you take a volunteer drives course ASAP, then go to the DMV and get +5 bonus points on your license (that is if you don't have them already w/ 10yrs w/o a ticket)

take it to court, tell the judge that it was a one time error, you have a great driving record, when to school, etc.

They'll probably bump it down, and you'll pay a fine, etc. If you have + bonus points on your license, the points they assign you will subtract from the bonus points (depending on how many points assigned w/ the citation)

but yeah, you could get a traffic lawyer.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:22 PM
lakhoon is infamous around these parts
mdyaman, thanks for the advice. The only tricky part is that I have a CA license, not an VA one. I don't have any tickets on record for the past 10 years, so I don't now how that will work with going to a VA DMV.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:22 PM
mdyaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lakhoon
mdyaman, thanks for the advice. The only tricky part is that I have a CA license, not an VA one. I don't have any tickets on record for the past 10 years, so I don't now how that will work with going to a VA DMV.
well then, i'm out of ideas! wouldn't hurt to ask for legal advice?

Old 03-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Get an attorney. This is a jailable offense. VA is no joke on speeding. Keep your CA liscence as long as you can. VA will stick it to you. Anything over 80 is reckless in VA no matter the speed.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:45 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Do the following, been there.....

1.) I've got two lawyers I strongly recommend, so PM me and I can email you their info
2.) Go to www.trafficschoolonline.com and take the course, your lawyer will suggest you do anyway.

You should be fine, BUT, it's all dependent on the judge and prosecutor. Good Luck!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:16 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I want to add to what has already been said above is to get a radar detector after you get out of all this.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
So that he could get awarded another ticket for the radar detector?

Originally Posted by simtiaz
I want to add to what has already been said above is to get a radar detector after you get out of all this.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gunther
Get an attorney. This is a jailable offense. VA is no joke on speeding. Keep your CA liscence as long as you can. VA will stick it to you. Anything over 80 is reckless in VA no matter the speed.

so right Gunther, this is a Commonwealth State= meaning dont mess around, definitely get a lawyer.....

Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
get a lawyer...VA is a **** commonwealth...they are the most aggressive region for punishing moving violations of any sort...

also try an avoid driving in VA if possible. if you must be there drive the speed limit ... if you want to speed drive a pick up truck.... I swear I've been 30 over so many times in my 2500HD Cummins Ram in VA and the cops don't give you a second look...do that with your Porsche and you'll be in jail in no time!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:21 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Check that speedometer gauge? maybe its not showing the right speed...
I am just saying go the mechanic and have it check . if something wrong they will replace it then go the court.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by markar
Check that speedometer gauge? maybe its not showing the right speed...
I am just saying go the mechanic and have it check . if something wrong they will replace it then go the court.
when driving in the commonwealth of VA my speedo always seems to be malfunctioning, the amount of error is simply astounding your honor - I am truely ashamed at the instrumentation in my vehicle - it's unacceptable and I promise to have it fixed!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 PM
silversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura about
Dont feel bad. I just got nabbed for over 115 mph in a 55 zone in a Lambo. It could always be worse. My *** still hurts.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:00 PM
4RECAT is infamous around these parts4RECAT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversrt
Dont feel bad. I just got nabbed for over 115 mph in a 55 zone in a Lambo. It could always be worse. My *** still hurts.
Serves you right bastid! Guess next time a Ferrari is on your ***, you won't leave her!

Last edited by 4RECAT; 03-30-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by silversrt
isn't that considered wreckless to the point of automatic jail and have the car taken away? what happened? where was this at?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket?