Ferrari Club of America Spring Thaw - April 16 - Reston, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Ferrari Club of America Spring Thaw - April 16 - Reston, VA

This is a pretty cool event if you've never been. Around 100 Ferraris on display plus a few other exotics as well.

Saturday, April 16, 2011
12:30pm
Reston Town Center
Reston, VA

Here's the website: http://www.fca-mar.com/attachments/e...r_20110416.asp

A few of my pictures from last year:

Last edited by Tonk; 03-29-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:04 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Back in the day when Ally Ash owned FoWash he teamed up with Bob Segal of Algar in PA and they threw some of the best DE events at Summit, I loved instructing at those, seeing F cars used on track like Enzo would have wanted...nowadays it seems like the fcar scene here is more of the latte crowd, it's ashame that those events aren't what they used to be ...this said the 250 GTO above is one of my dream cars, I also love the Ferarri 500 Superfast but with only 37 produced they are a tough to find and go for more at auction than some of the SWB GT cars of the 50's and 60's ...I love the F40 as well...

Old 03-30-2011, 01:37 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
ughh I won't be able to make it, I have wedding gig that weekend ;( ..

Old 03-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
The 250 above is a replica, but the owner doesn't try to hide it. There was a whole debate on Ferrari Chat about it haha.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Let's not forget...

that the pontoon fendered 'Testa Rossa' is a kit car. I think the interior sports AutoMeter gauges, a hurst shifter (heck, it might even have been an automatic), and the engine is a non-descript domestic V-8. Why it was featured 'front and center' at this gathering escapes me.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:22 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Kinda reminiscent in shape to the 612 Scaglietti, I really like the 599 GTB ... a nice and powerful (albeit heavier and less nimble) successor to the legendary 288 GTO (One of my all time favorites!) loved that car in the mid '80's as a youngster - I remember looking at the big posters for hours and thinking the 288 GTO and Porsche 959 were the best cars ever and that cars could never get any better than those two - both of which are now automotive icons!

Old 04-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Bump for this weekend! Event is rain or shine.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Hopefully the weather will be okay! I plan on going

Old 04-14-2011, 05:42 PM
If the weather is good (or even if it's crappy) I'll definitely be there. Maybe some of us can meet up for some food afterwards...?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
This is a great event, but Sat is looking like a wash.

Wonder if they reschedule?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
This event has been moved to Sunday... same venue.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Hmm...there was another car show I was going to go to on Sunday...tough decision now.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Tonk
Hmm...there was another car show I was going to go to on Sunday...tough decision now.
this might be something nice to check out on Sunday...

Old 04-15-2011, 03:17 PM
DavidC81 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ken Lally
This event has been moved to Sunday... same venue.
didn't see anything on the website showing this?

also, the $45 admission...thats only for the raffle right? free to hang out

edit:...nvm just check ferrari chat...postponed to sunday

Last edited by DavidC81; 04-15-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:14 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tonk
What other show is there?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Club of America Spring Thaw - April 16 - Reston, VA