2011 University of Maryland Spring Meet - May 1st, 2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
2011 University of Maryland Spring Meet - May 1st, 2011

^Better Flyer to come

2011 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity

hosted by College Park Tuning

• • Thousands of different cars
    • Dyno pulls
    • Live DJ
    • 50/50 Raffle
    • Raffle Prizes
We will be asking for 1 non-perishable food item per person (if you have more bring them) after you enter the lot. If you forget to bring an item or prefer not to, we will collect a $1 donation on your way into the lot. All the donations collected from admission, food sales and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Martha’s Table (http://www.marthastable.org).

Fedex Field Parking Lots E and F between Arena Dr and Redskins Rd
*We have 6,200 spaces so unlike past years I don't think we will have parking issues*

Directions to Fedex
Layout of the meet
*Expect heavy traffic, we are sorry for this inconvenience and will be trying to move people in/out of the meet as quickly as possible*

Date
Sunday, May 1st, 2011

Time
Noon, 12:00 pm. I know some of you might show up early but remember this year we have 6,200 spaces instead of 2,300
We usually start packing things up at 7pm

Food
Still working on this but you should be able to bring your own grill. NO DUMPING COAL AT FEDEX.

Dyno
• $75.00 for 2 - 3 baseline pulls w/ A/F and printout. FWD or RWD only
• If you are interested in dynoing your car, please send an email to collegeparktuning@gmail.com or follow this link. We are trying to have people pre-register for the dyno.

Reserving Space
The people have spoken and if you want to reserve space for your club or group you need to contact us and give us an approximate head count by April 22nd. If you want to have a tent for your group there is a fee associated with that (Fedex's fee, not mine). If you put up a tent and don't pay this fee you will have to take it down.

Basic Rules
1. Be respectful of other peoples cars. Please do not touch a persons car without their consent
2. No tents (unless your group contacts me, Fedex requires us to pay a tent permit fee)
3. No alcohol
4. No scandalous attire (this is a family event)
5. Chairs are permitted everywhere but no taking up parking spaces with them
6. No saving spaces (Unless your group or forum contacts us before hand at collegeparktuning@gmail.com)
7. No burnouts or anything stupid. Police will be at the event and cameras are rolling 24/7 at Fedex

FAQ thread
LINK

If any shops want to sponsor this event and have space just email us.

The Last five years meets were great successes. Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us! We look forward to seeing you all again!

Last edited by Tonk; 04-01-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:05 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Chris that's the same day as the Deutche Marque Concourse in VA

Old 03-31-2011, 06:37 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Bugger yeah same day as Deutche Marque!!

I welcome the new larger location for MD though! Last year was wacky first you could go in, then you couldn't. ?! I did make both stops last year.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
maybe do the Duetche marque in the morning and catch the tail end of the CP meet? only problem is if you enter the show and are in a judged class at the DM concourse...

Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
I won't be entering the show, so that's not a problem. Maybe grab lunch in the middle. Last year it all came together as a pretty good day. Had a bunch of the 928 crew, we parked behind the porsche of arlington tent as a "classic" representatives..

Old 04-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I'm loving the new location. We had a great 6Speed group a couple of years back with some of the Mischief and ISP guys. With this huge space we should get a fun group together.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
I'm loving the new location. We had a great 6Speed group a couple of years back with some of the Mischief and ISP guys. With this huge space we should get a fun group together.
Scott, I've been reading the CPT forums and it seems that they're trying to allow groups to park together this year, unlike last year. Hopefully traffic won't be as bad going in either since they now have parking for over 6,000 cars. Also notice that they're allowing tents again (for a fee), which is one of the things that turned some people off about last year.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:10 AM
RogueS60R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fraggle
Bugger yeah same day as Deutche Marque!!

I welcome the new larger location for MD though! Last year was wacky first you could go in, then you couldn't. ?! I did make both stops last year.
What's the location on the DM this year?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:33 AM
DM is in Vienna in the Nottoway Park, I think that's the same place as last year.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:11 PM
JVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura about
Nottoway Park, that's practically across the street from my house. No excuse for me not to go...

Old 04-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tonk
Scott, I've been reading the CPT forums and it seems that they're trying to allow groups to park together this year, unlike last year. Hopefully traffic won't be as bad going in either since they now have parking for over 6,000 cars. Also notice that they're allowing tents again (for a fee), which is one of the things that turned some people off about last year.
Hangin under the tent with Berk, Mike, Pej and his BYO eye-candy were good times. Without a tent would have been brutal.

Who's the contact for locking in some spots? I picture 6Speed showing strong with 10+ lined up with a few tents. When we went, there were only about a dozen other cars within the 6Speed caliber. Pej was looking everywhere for a decent car to take pics with his 'Entourage'.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Hangin under the tent with Berk, Mike, Pej and his BYO eye-candy were good times. Without a tent would have been brutal.

Who's the contact for locking in some spots? I picture 6Speed showing strong with 10+ lined up with a few tents. When we went, there were only about a dozen other cars within the 6Speed caliber. Pej was looking everywhere for a decent car to take pics with his 'Entourage'.
Yeah I agree that was a good time. The contact is collegeparktuning@gmail.com

Old 04-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
This looks cool.....I'm gonna try to make it. Where would everyone meet to drive in?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Sounds like some of us at least will be starting in Vienna. Nottoway Park...

Old 04-03-2011, 12:14 PM
For those that are on the fence about going, this is one of the biggest "meets" on the East coast. They might as well call it a car show. Literally thousands of cars come from all over the East coast. Everything from daily drivers to showcars and race cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 University of Maryland Spring Meet - May 1st, 2011