Just signed up for HPDC @ Summit in July 15-17

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Shahul, Trackdaze is only doing one event on Summit Main this year the other two are both on Shenandoah. I'm curious about this event sponsored by Forged. Its $425 for just one day? that seems a little steep for just one day. How many sessions and how long are each session or is that still being decided? If my buddy with his GTR wanted to go that could possibly be two more participants.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cesmorris
I didn't think the next PCA HPDC at Summit was until September 24?
Heres the schedule for Potomac region. SO MANY TRACK DAYS SO LITTLE TIME

http://www.pcapotomac.org/index.php?...d=17&Itemid=36

Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I wanted to correct myself and title, it's a DE event not HPDC.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:12 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Shahul, Trackdaze is only doing one event on Summit Main this year the other two are both on Shenandoah. I'm curious about this event sponsored by Forged. Its $425 for just one day? that seems a little steep for just one day. How many sessions and how long are each session or is that still being decided? If my buddy with his GTR wanted to go that could possibly be two more participants.
Oh, yea your right... I changed from the May one to Oct... I had something come up... The JJuly one will be at Summit Main but I will be at VIR or heading to VIR anyways

Forged event is one day, but I know I get double (or more) the track time I would at something like FATT or a SCCA PDX....

Its a good time, I went the last 2 years and it was all GTR's, but we are opening it up to other makes...considering I drive an Evo for now... Forged is into P-cars as well so Im sure they'd loev to have more out

Last edited by ShahulX; 05-02-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:08 AM
I saw a Forged performance GTR at Summit this past weekend running the One Lap of America, looked like a beast. I don't know if I'll attend this VIR one, but I would love to see some pictures and hear some details if you post a write up, maybe next year for that one. Hope to see you before October, but if not, maybe i'll see you then.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Misanors4
I saw a Forged performance GTR at Summit this past weekend running the One Lap of America, looked like a beast. I don't know if I'll attend this VIR one, but I would love to see some pictures and hear some details if you post a write up, maybe next year for that one. Hope to see you before October, but if not, maybe i'll see you then.
yup, that was Sharif... he is an amazing driver... he has a GT3 as well as I mentioned... wonder if he'd pick a favorite lol

Old 07-18-2011, 09:24 AM
update: had great time this past weekend, weather was perfect, car felt great, learned a lot and met some new folks. Going back in Oct 29,30th for last event
I progressed enough over the weekend where my instructor let me go bymyself on Sunday ..felt great..

Old 07-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Have fun slipping down the slope, those $125 track days turn into $1000 weekends really fast, at least it did when I rode bikes!!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Fraggle
Have fun slipping down the slope, those $125 track days turn into $1000 weekends really fast, at least it did when I rode bikes!!
you are right about $1000 weekend but then again you gotta pay to play

Old 07-18-2011, 01:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by simtiaz
you are right about $1000 weekend but then again you gotta pay to play
What event was this PCA Potomac DE? Looks like the HPDE bug has bitten you on the **** Sid! it is a slippery slope but one worht sliding on if you truly enjoy it!

don't let fraggle scare you...only $100o weekends for Bikes...for cars you can double that!! haha ... a grand wont even get you a good set of R-compounds these days

Old 07-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
What event was this PCA Potomac DE? Looks like the HPDE bug has bitten you on the **** Sid! it is a slippery slope but one worht sliding on if you truly enjoy it!

don't let fraggle scare you...only $100o weekends for Bikes...for cars you can double that!! haha ... a grand wont even get you a good set of R-compounds these days
Sunir, It was PCA DE, (Fri-Sun), I ran with my street tires which held up great due to new patching/refinish on track. It will be while before I get slicks, I am still in green so need to get some seat time before make any changes such as slicks.
when are you coming out to SP?

Old 07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ trying to get over there to instruct at one of the coming August FATT events or with PCA Potomac next time around on the main circuit. As a green grouper take your time and try to learn as much as you can. You and Jelio should consider the Aust 27th - 28th event at VIR with Tarheel BMW...this is a fantastic group and an absolutely incredible circuit and facilty, it's a pro level circuit...you guys will love it. I will be instructing at that event, would be more than happy to show ya around the track, I've logged literally thousand+ laps there as well as SPR lol!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Can't do anything in August, pretty busy with other stuff.. also I want to stick with SP before venture out to another track. First time being in pcar and in green I think I did great and my instructor thought so as well. Sunday I was solo

Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ trying to get over there to instruct at one of the coming August FATT events or with PCA Potomac next time around on the main circuit. As a green grouper take your time and try to learn as much as you can. You and Jelio should consider the Aust 27th - 28th event at VIR with Tarheel BMW...this is a fantastic group and an absolutely incredible circuit and facilty, it's a pro level circuit...you guys will love it. I will be instructing at that event, would be more than happy to show ya around the track, I've logged literally thousand+ laps there as well as SPR lol!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 PM
^^^ sounds good. glad you did well and had fun...as long as your safe and focused on learning that's all that counts...lots of students gauge their performance on how many cars they pass, that's not the best measure of how much they've learned...although it does seem to put a smile on their faces :-) the pcar is one of the best machines you can have on a circuit, as you have seen for yourself...

I would encourage you to check out VIR, the strategy of learning one track then moving to the next will actaully go against benefiting your learning...the way you learn best is to be thrown a bunch of different corners and track situations and work thru them...the same track over and over leads to stagnate performance and stunted learning opportunity. Just something to think about...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just signed up for HPDC @ Summit in July 15-17