New to the boards!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
New to the boards!

Hey guys my name is Shahul, long time lurker..

Just sold my 2009 nissan GTR, wanted to cut spending for awhile and I get bored of cars fast. I've owned 21 cars now in 15 years of driving... Most are sports cars/sporty cars...few trucks and suv's

Anyhow, I am a planner and want to add a real sports car again to my lineup to go with my commuter and track toy in 2010 vw gti and 2010 lancer evolution x gsr..

Being 31 I feel it's time to start looking at higher end cars. I've always been a Porsche fab (had a boxster S for about 9 months), and I started working for Honda, Nissan, just left Mercedes Benz and am about to start at Rockville Porsche Audi (internet manager) because it's always been a dream of mine to work for Porsche. I love Audi as well (rs4 is one of my fav).

Anyhow, I was on other boards a lot an participated and helped organize track days and events and look forward to any you all do here... I autoX, do hpde's and am starting rally cross (evo)... Hope to see you all at the track!

Btw... Cars I'm looking at... Older gt3's, 996 turbos, cayman s/r, boxster spyder... Going to be a weekend car that I will track... Opinions?

Old 04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Welcome to 6 speed, good lock at Rockville Porsche my friend is parts manager there, see you around.....

Old 04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Welcome!

Last edited by Tonk; 04-27-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Shahul welcome, from one Rockville resident to another.
Mick

Old 04-27-2011, 03:53 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
Thanks everyone... I'm a car guy and a track guy.. But I have to spend my time on forums because most people I work with at dealers don't like cars haha

We have a Boxster Spyder (pdk, I'd rather have a 6speed), what do you think of those? Girly? I didn't think so but people used to say that about my old boxster s. I like the chassis, lighter weight and handling ability... 320hp is decent being under 3000lbs.. Best handling car in America supposedly? Like the open top vs cayman R

Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 PM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
Welcome Shahul. I purchased my P-car at Rockville and at some point will get my next one. They were great to deal with so please continue the tradition.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:19 PM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ShahulX
Thanks everyone... I'm a car guy and a track guy.. But I have to spend my time on forums because most people I work with at dealers don't like cars haha

We have a Boxster Spyder (pdk, I'd rather have a 6speed), what do you think of those? Girly? I didn't think so but people used to say that about my old boxster s. I like the chassis, lighter weight and handling ability... 320hp is decent being under 3000lbs.. Best handling car in America supposedly? Like the open top vs cayman R
I can't see anyone looking at a Boxter Spyder and thinking it's a girl's car. Anyone you would care what they thought anyway.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by cesmorris
Welcome Shahul. I purchased my P-car at Rockville and at some point will get my next one. They were great to deal with so please continue the tradition.
Definetly

I don't really care what anyone thinks about the boxster ( I did drive a couple miatas) the spyders big issue may be that top

Old 04-27-2011, 07:34 PM
DavidC81 is infamous around these parts
welcome to the boards

Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 AM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Welcome.... Get what you like, not what everyone else does.... that's why I went from import to domestic this time around.... next time back to import (Italian)....

Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Fiat 500?

Old 04-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Welcome aboard!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Wow... A dealer has a 1997 carerra S with 7100 miles ... I figured it'd be worth like $25-30k... the dealer has it marked at $53k and has people calling offering $50k-55k!

I know it's the last of the air cooled engine but can anyone tell me more?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-02-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: not as a registered user
Old 05-01-2011, 04:20 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Welcome! Yes, a low mile 993 is going to be worth more than $30k (you can't use NADA on collectible cars). You're better off going with KBB....or even MORE better off....doing an actual trade pricing.

Come on now internet manager - use the internet!!!

ebay.com
cars.com
autotrader.com
overstock.com
autos.aol.com
craigslist.com (cars+trucks)
dupontregistry.com

-Chris

Old 05-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Yea I searched autotrader and used kbb and noticed the same thing... I was just shocked actually. I knew older porsches would be worth alot and this having 7100 miles would be worth a pretty penny, I was just shocked it was worth so much... It's very clean, put new tires on and inspected and more

Honestly I'm clueless on anything older than 2001

Last edited by ShahulX; 05-01-2011 at 07:43 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to the boards!