I'm getting pulled over for that? Really??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:12 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Thumbs down I'm getting pulled over for that? Really??

Today on 66east I was pulled over for the following:

-Failure to display front license plate
-Dark window tint

That's it. No moving violation, no erradic driving, no concealed weapon or drugs. My front license plate was in fact displayed in my dashboard, but according to this fine officer it is still an offense. He was also nice enough to warn me that it can become a deadly object that has "done severe damage to people's necks".

FFS VA, if you really need money that bad, just ask me. Dude must have been bored out of his mind.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Well, good thing he didn't get you for the moving violation, erratic driving, concealed weapon or drugs. Sounds like you got off easy!

Old 05-01-2011, 01:02 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
CHP is doing the same in CA. Tint and front plates. Our local PD was busting people for not turning on their headlights at sunset. What's next? Tix for turn signal?

Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 AM
GRGx3 is infamous around these parts
I got a warning once for driving with parking lights only at dusk. But the one that really got me was a ticket for 27 in a 25.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:46 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
pull the plate off the dash.......i've noticed they do that if you have it still visible.....just put it on the floor of your front seat.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:28 AM
TurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud of
They use that trick to look for more serious issues like drugs, guns and anything else they can find.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:42 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
verr your papers een orderz?

Old 05-01-2011, 09:14 AM
M5V10 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by st4rk
Today on 66east I was pulled over for the following:

-Failure to display front license plate
-Dark window tint

That's it. No moving violation, no erradic driving, no concealed weapon or drugs. My front license plate was in fact displayed in my dashboard, but according to this fine officer it is still an offense. He was also nice enough to warn me that it can become a deadly object that has "done severe damage to people's necks".

FFS VA, if you really need money that bad, just ask me. Dude must have been bored out of his mind.
Was it Arlington county cop or state trooper?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:43 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Originally Posted by M5V10
Was it Arlington county cop or state trooper?
State.

But the one that really got me was a ticket for 27 in a 25.
Wow, that's friggin crazy.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 AM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
I got pulled over in a Walmart parking lot..for not stopping at one of the Walmart stop signs that are in the parking lot..
he was nice and gave me a warning..

Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 AM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boochook
pull the plate off the dash.......i've noticed they do that if you have it still visible.....just put it on the floor of your front seat.
exactly what i do. been lucky the past two years driving with no front plate on my 911...knock on wood

however, in DC I've received "no front tag" tickets while parked! I would literally come back to my car with a ticket on my windshield.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I've gotten the no front tag ticket in DC, I've gotten a cell phone violation again in DC... but that said VA is still by far the WORST...I don't speed in VA, I take my radar detector down, as for tint and tag I'd just tell them it's legal in MD ...get me accross that Wilson or American Legion Bridge quick and back to MD, after having went to school at VTech and living in Tysons for a few years, enough is enough with the VA ****, ahem cops, regime - dang!!!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Get one of these:

When I lived up North, cops would constantly harass people for no front plate. This was the best solution, aside from drilling holes in the front bumper.

Or...just register your car in Florida. We only need one plate, and we can tint whatever we want.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:48 AM
AudiFan is infamous around these parts
show and go plate works great

Old 05-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
He was right about one thing: A loose plate inside the car is really dangerous.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm getting pulled over for that? Really??