Clear Bra Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Clear Bra Options

I am looking to get this done very soon as I received a nice hefty scratch on my hood from some girl doing the "come f*ck me" pose on my hood last weekend when I was out to dinner. I have tried reaching out to someone highly recommended on this forum but no luck so I want to know who else out there does this type of work? I appreciate anyone's feedback.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Mark,

I've got a guy that does impecable work and is mobile. I plan to use him on my car once the GT2 front bumper is installed. He does work for all of the major super car dealers in the area. Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to forward you his info.

-Val T

Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Kumaiki is infamous around these parts
Dave, the owner of Proshield does a phenomenal job and has worked on some of the rarest cars in the mid-atlantic.

Bugatti Veyron (enough said)

http://www.proshieldinc.com/

He did my GTR two years ago and it still looks as good as the first day.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Mark,
I'll also throw out Cliff from Auto Armor Film & Finishes. PM me if you want his email address. I just bought a hennessey front bumper (in prep for an upgrade kit) and spoke with Cliff a little bit about the work that needs to be done. He was awesome. Plus I know more than a few guys on here have used him and have had great experiences. Here's an example: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lumbia-md.html

Now stop letting ****** get on your car.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:39 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Mark,
I'll also throw out Cliff from Auto Armor Film & Finishes. PM me if you want his email address. I just bought a hennessey front bumper (in prep for an upgrade kit) and spoke with Cliff a little bit about the work that needs to be done. He was awesome. Plus I know more than a few guys on here have used him and have had great experiences. Here's an example: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lumbia-md.html

Now stop letting ****** get on your car.
Chris,

Cliff is who I was referring to. Had a hard time contacting him but was able to get a hold of him through this post. Oh, and this "*****" did it while I was prepping another inside.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Ken Lally is infamous around these parts
Here ya go

GT Laser,

That is the strangest reason I have ever heard to get a clear bra application, lol.

The Viper has many convex/concave surfaces. Best to get someone who knows exactly what they are doing and wont cut on your car.

Skip at PTF Films is your guy - he did my Viper and my SRT8 and my FJ and my Scion and many of my friends cars. He contracts with many local dealers as well.

info@pftfilms.com
http://www.pftfilms.com/

Old 05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Mark you have several options... a few of which are Rob at Proform, Cliff at Auto Armour, and Skip whom I've known for over 10 years and does an excellent job. You really can't go wrong just check out some of the work and make a choice. Viper is not any harder than any other car for PPF...Rob and Skip use pre-cut templates and Cliff cuts the product on the car...Cliff uses Venturesheild while Rob and Skip use Avery...there is a guy called Dave who was trained by Rob and his former employee who does a mobile service I believe and he uses 3M Scotchguard which is one of the original products when companies like XPel and RoadBlock were the big in the market as well 8 - 10 years ago...

Old 05-08-2011, 03:20 PM
AudiFan is infamous around these parts
what wax are you guys using

Old 05-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
+1 more for Cliff! Definitely great work, does for Ferrari of Washington and HBL as well.

Audifan- I've never put any wax on my clear bra, but I've heard there is a specific polish needed.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
XPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GTLaser
I am looking to get this done very soon as I received a nice hefty scratch on my hood from some girl doing the "come f*ck me" pose on my hood last weekend when I was out to dinner. I have tried reaching out to someone highly recommended on this forum but no luck so I want to know who else out there does this type of work? I appreciate anyone's feedback.
I would encourage you to check out our dealer locator at www.xpel.com. You can find several dealers close to you in your area. If you have any questions about a possible installation just PM us.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
amateur hour

a "clearbra for dummies" crutch for those trying to start out in something that they really have no idea about but want to try and make some $$ quick... lending your car to someone to help them figure out it isn't as easy as the co. they are paying all this hold-my-hand money to told them it would be is not advisable

Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
RogueS60R is infamous around these parts
Are there any guys in Virginia that you can recommend?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RogueS60R
Are there any guys in Virginia that you can recommend?
Hey Warren bud...

Skip is in VA, Cliff and Rob are in MD...you may like to call and talk with each of them and see who is right for you. In many cases you can come and have the work done while you wait so no need to drop the car off...which means MD or VA could be viable options.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:40 AM
I went to visit Cliff last week and was very impressed with his set up and work on a P car he had in the shop. He can actually do pre-cut or by hand on the car. He was doing the P car by hand and I couldn't even tell there was film on it until he showed me where to feel. Dropping the car off tomorrow. Thanks Cliff!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:54 PM
JVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ken Lally
GT Laser,

That is the strangest reason I have ever heard to get a clear bra application, lol.

The Viper has many convex/concave surfaces. Best to get someone who knows exactly what they are doing and wont cut on your car.

Skip at PTF Films is your guy - he did my Viper and my SRT8 and my FJ and my Scion and many of my friends cars. He contracts with many local dealers as well.

info@pftfilms.com
http://www.pftfilms.com/
I 2nd Ken's referral! Skip did great work on my M6. He does work for the BMW dealer where I purchased my car and is one of the local 3M reps. He's mobile but based in the Fairfax area. Very accommodating, he worked on my car after regular business hours to accommodate my schedule.

Last edited by JVproM6; 05-12-2011 at 12:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra Options