GTR and Skyline Spring Cruise and BBQ, June 18th, Frederick MD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Kumaiki is infamous around these parts
GTR and Skyline Spring Cruise and BBQ, June 18th, Frederick MD

*** Started a new thread to hopefully cut down on confusion ******

If anyone is interested in checking out some cool cars and having some BBQ, there's a meet on June 18th in Frederick, MD. All types of cars are welcome although it's a GTR/Skyline centric event.

The event organizers are requesting a $5 donation for all non GTR/Skylines.

Here's some details posted on another site by the organizers:
I have the days schedule ready now.

9AM – 10AM: Breakfast will be provided by Frederick Nissan as everyone arrives. Service manager Gary Lewis and their GT-R Tech will be present to answer service questions about the GT-R. We will also provide Maps of the park area and the route that will be driven.

10AM – 12PM: Drivers will depart Frederick Nissan in groups to keep congestion on the roads down so that all can enjoy the ride to Manor Area Pavilion at Cunningham Falls State Park.

12PM – 7:30PM: Catered lunch and BBQ and good times for all. Stay as long as you like. We have the pavilion until sundown. Stay and eat or drive a few of the routes on the park map which I highly suggest. A lot f these roads are maintained by state and federal crews and are very nice to drive.

There will be professional photography taking place throughout the day for Modified Magazine as well as a few video cameras and interviews with shop owners and other invited industry professionals. So take your time to find out who’s who at the BBQ, you might be surprised at who you meet.

As it stands, the R32/33/34 and R35 will all be represented at the Spring Thaw. So bring the Rides and don’t forget your appetites!

Again, all GT-Rs and Skylines are free. If your attending in anything else please prepare a $5 donation

Also, here's the link to the thread on NAGTROC.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....pic=49824&st=0

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-13-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: active link to another forum
Old 05-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Bummer, I can't make June 18th. That's the same day as Hyperfest.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:54 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Ion, I'll put this on the NOVA site as well. I'll try to make it out with some other folk. It looks like a great event!!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Ion, I'll put this on the NOVA site as well. I'll try to make it out with some other folk. It looks like a great event!!
Thanks Chris, should be a fun event.

I'll probably catchup with you at one of the C&C down your way in the near future.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:19 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
im going to try to go to this as well...Chris we should meet up and roll out to the starting point...a group of non gtr rollin up lol ...Tonk sux ur gonna miss it...I haven't been to hyperfest since I last competed there in gts 3 class... its too crazy of an even like putting 5 pounds of crap into a 3 pound bag lol! who knows may roll there sat evening for a bit to hang out w/ wome old car buddies...everyone still party sat night in the grassy field outside T8 and T9..?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
I haven't been to hyperfest since I last competed there in gts 3 class... its too crazy of an even like putting 5 pounds of crap into a 3 pound bag lol! who knows may roll there sat evening for a bit to hang out w/ wome old car buddies...everyone still party sat night in the grassy field outside T8 and T9..?
Yup. Although I usually leave after the daisy duke contest. I go all my partying Friday night.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:19 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sunir
...Chris we should meet up and roll out to the starting point...a group of non gtr rollin up lol ...
For sure.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Hat_Trick_Hokie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tonk
Bummer, I can't make June 18th. That's the same day as Hyperfest.
x2, I'll be in WV all weekend as well.

And it's too bad, Frederick Nissan has always had some interesting cars lying around

Old 05-18-2011, 03:39 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tonk
Yup. Although I usually leave after the daisy duke contest. I go all my partying Friday night.
WHAT I've seen that daisy dukie contest ...a few scraggly worn out WV cougars with buck teeth stumblin around with a beer in one hand and a cig in the other up on stage....hahahahahaha!!!!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
OK, from KATIE'S to the cruise!!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I'll make this...like planned lets roll from Katies that morning. Sunir I think we need some dharu for the bbq

Old 05-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Let's do it! Post katies to r32 bbq!

Old 05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
lol the GTR BBq and cruise sounds great but I think I am going to do the MPact show on June 18th...it's closer to me up in Bmore and it's more Euros up there even though I think it's going to be mostly Bimmers...

if that falls thru for whetever reason then I'll do the GTR event...I'm going to forego the HyperFest and the PCA event this time around...

S

Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Saw enough bimmers on the way for cheezsteak, even though I expect a high stockyrice component I'll bet there will be some nice older skylines unless da fedz impound them all.

In support I'm changing my avatar!!!

Last edited by Fraggle; 05-23-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Who's planning on attending. The organizers have decided to meet in the morning at Frederick Nissan and then head to Hyperfest. It'll be on the way for must people.

Here's the updated agenda:

9AM We start recieving arrivals at Frederick Nissan.

9AM - 10AM Breakfast and meet and greet with forum members and Frederick Nissan Service Manager Gary Lewis and their GT-R technician.

10AM We all depart together for the caravan down to Hyperfest.

NOTE: We have deleted the cruise and BBQ in order to get everyone to Hyperfest no later than 11AM.

Two things...

First, I understand that some of you may want to be at Hyperfest a little earlier than that. You are still more than welcome to enjoy breakfast before you head out. Secondly, space for the breakfast as well as parking at Frederick Nissan is limited but we have planned to be able to support up to 35 GT-Rs and Skylines. For any others that will be attending I do have an overflow lot to stage at until the caravan leaves. So get their early!

We have spoken to Hyperfest organizers and we are working out possible parking arraingments. The guys at STaSiS Engineering are also trying to look out for us as well to see if their new facilities will be able to accomidate us in any way. So we will see what happens there but we expect things to work pretty smoothly regardless.

If anyone has any questions we will be checking the thread pretty regularly. So dont hesitate to ask.

Also...THANKS for sticking with us thru the rain date and the adjustment. We've been excited and looking forward to this event for over 2 months now and can't wait to meet as many forum members as we can. We hope to see you all at 9AM this Saturday.

Last edited by Kumaiki; 06-15-2011 at 05:29 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR and Skyline Spring Cruise and BBQ, June 18th, Frederick MD