Hyperfest 2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Rcrazed5150 is infamous around these parts
Hyperfest 2011

Hyper-fest is June 18th its a Saturday (camping overnight optionial)

Summit Point Raceway
West Virginia

Meeting at Fairfax corner in the big parking lot in the back behind Ruths Chris Steakhouse
Meeting at 9am departing at 9:45

Drifting, Racing American Cars, Roll Over Competition, Motorcycle Stunt Team, Mid Class Racing, Everything basically. Racing your car on a track is also available. Go Karts on a seperate race track ( I believe its the fastest go karts in the east coast )

Entry $20 per person $5 extra for parking, again camping over night is optionial.

Last edited by Rcrazed5150; 05-23-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:29 PM
HYPERFEST June 18th 2011

Originally Posted by Rcrazed5150

Hyper-fest is June 18th its a Saturday (camping overnight optionial)

Summit Point Raceway
West Virginia

Drifting, Racing American Cars, Roll Over Competition, Motorcycle Stunt Team, Mid Class Racing, Everything basically. Racing your car on a track is also available. Go Karts on a seperate race track ( I believe its the fastest go karts in the east coast )

Entry $20 per person $5 extra for parking, again camping over night is optionial.
Come out for a fun time

Old 05-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Tim H is infamous around these parts
How much is it to race with the NASA guys? I wonder if there are any spots left open.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:30 PM
qualifying is the friday before the event. i do believe there are some openings still available

Old 05-23-2011, 02:56 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
probably gonna pass this year, haven't been there since having raced in GTS Challenge a couple of years back...too much crap goes on there...they try to stuff 5 lbs of crap into a 3 lb bag...

Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
My favorite event out of the year! I'll be there bright and early Friday to photograph the drift practice and I'll be there all the way through Saturday night.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:18 PM
awesome event have to agree also one of my favorite events.

Caravan behind ruths chris parking lot in fairfax corner

9am meet
945 departure

Old 05-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
I'll be there, as I've never been to SP and I want to try out there go-karts.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:02 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vntperformance
I'll be there, as I've never been to SP and I want to try out there go-karts.
go carts are fun for sure...but you gotta get yourself on the schedule for Friday at the Track (FATT) or with a DE group like PCA... on the main circuit. You'll learn things about your car that will really make you appreciate the engineering and what the car is capable of in terms of being driven on a race track and braking loads, cornering speeds, etc...etc...

Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
If you really want to learn your car, their Shenandoah Circuit is it. More twisties, off camber curves and a couple of straights to make your hair stand up. Do a DE and you will get hooked.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Anyone interested in Carvaning to Summit point?

Old 05-27-2011, 01:38 PM
the doah is ok, been on it several times and instructed students on it as well. It's a fun little track...it's got a bunch of stuff like Scott mentioned but it's more of an tight twisty autocross style track, good for learning some stuff like pedal transitions, low speed dynamic exercises, car control etc...but not nearly the elevation change, speed, or actual size that is closest to a track that would hold a sanctioned race or timed event. Instead of building the Doah Bill Scott should have reconstructed the entire facility with a continuation of Main Circuit and better amenities for paddock, timing/scoring, and the fans....SPR is never going to get Grand Am or ALMS to come in the condition they are in now

Old 06-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Today's Groupon is for $10 admission to Hyperfest ($20 value)

http://www.groupon.com/deals/hyper-fest

Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Who else is meeting up for the caravan from Fairfax corner?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Hat_Trick_Hokie is infamous around these parts
I'll be there in the HPDE-3 group with NASA all day Saturday and Sunday. Tonk if you’re taking pictures, try get some pictures of the black Corvette (#82) around the main track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyperfest 2011