EuroSport DC - June 19th - Exotic Tour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
wow what a great weekend for me, Sat Mpact sunday EuroSport DC..
Really LOVED the Eurosport DC tour, well organized and talk about those twisties..
thanks Kevin for organizing and FOW for hosting, really enjoyed it.
I'll be uploading pictures that I managed to take during the dirve soon.
Sid

Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Chris D. is infamous around these parts
Yes. Lot's of opportunities to make a wrong turn.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor
EuroSportDC is infamous around these parts
Imagine my horror to see that picture of the wrong turn. Oh, my.

We will work on learning for next year. Event participate should expect getting phone calls from me to discuss improvements.

Its important that people remember to not follow one another. Its tempting to do, but it can create issues.

Kevin Sims

Old 06-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I would suggest the turns marked at the odometer mark rather than how much distance between each turn. Otherwise, the odometer trip counter is useless. Great time though even with the flubs!!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:45 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Kevin it was a pleasure to meet you at the BBQ...definately sounded like a good time and I look forward to doing an event with you all. This is Sunir with the gray GT2...

Def a fun weekend, hung out buddies at Mpact on Sat at the show, Mick, Ravi, Scott and the gang...

Old 06-20-2011, 04:37 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
sunir, I saw you as I was leaving. Too bad you didn't get there a few minutes sooner

sid, I saw you both days but never introduced myself. I'm Matt with the Slate Gray 996 from Texas

Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Hi Matt I did recognize your car with Texax tags nice to meet you and hope to run into you again in one of the C and C
Ur car looks great with those wheels.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:17 PM
RavS is infamous around these partsRavS is infamous around these parts
It was a great time hanging out with all of you Saturday . Good to meet you Sunir and also seeing Scott SS again.

Originally Posted by sunir
Kevin it was a pleasure to meet you at the BBQ...definately sounded like a good time and I look forward to doing an event with you all. This is Sunir with the gray GT2...

Def a fun weekend, hung out buddies at Mpact on Sat at the show, Mick, Ravi, Scott and the gang...

Old 06-20-2011, 08:18 PM
joshd is infamous around these parts
The wrong turn picture is . I was caught up in that as well. My 9 y/o son was running navigator and he was so pissed at me for following everyone instead of listening to him. The lemming instinct is strong in us humans!

It was a great event and the driving was a blast. It was a pleasure meeting some of you as well. This is Josh with the white 996 GT3.

Kevin - thanks for organizing and planning out the fun route. My son asked if we can do it again next year, and the year after, and the year after ...

Attached a few iPhone pics (2 including my car for reference) although I'm sure there will be a ton of much better pictures and videos coming.

Attached Images      

Last edited by joshd; 06-20-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:27 PM
joshd is infamous around these parts
These were some of my favorite cars at the event. I love the Lambos but the blacked out Ferrari 430 was probably my favorite. It was a real 6 speed too. I loved the color combo of the green GT3RS with the matching roll cage and deviated stitching. Also great to see the Esprit come out to play. Again sorry for the cheesy phone pics ... looking forward to the more professional shots.

Attached Images     
Old 06-21-2011, 12:17 AM
RogueS60R is infamous around these parts
Kevin great cars, great roads, great event. Best fathers day I ever had for sure.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:28 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by joshd
These were some of my favorite cars at the event. I love the Lambos but the blacked out Ferrari 430 was probably my favorite. It was a real 6 speed too. I loved the color combo of the green GT3RS with the matching roll cage and deviated stitching. Also great to see the Esprit come out to play. Again sorry for the cheesy phone pics ... looking forward to the more professional shots.
I am a driver of green RS that was following you for first couple of miles during the cruise and sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I used to own Seth's twin (white 6GT3 in the avatar) for few years and had an amazing ownership. Congrats on the new ride! Great to see another local guy enjoying one of porsche's finest 911!

Old 06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Drummerboy is infamous around these parts
After leading for a bit in the Viper, our little group got lost as all hell towards then, but still had a great time and it was cool meeting everyone!

Attached are a few of the pix I snagged during the run. Attaching them on multiple posts since I don't have a flickr set up yet..

- Rob

Attached Images      

Last edited by Drummerboy; 06-21-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:40 PM
More

Attached Images      
Old 06-21-2011, 04:42 PM
And more

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EuroSport DC - June 19th - Exotic Tour