Dinan BMW M6 - Exhaust Sound vids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
Dinan BMW M6 - Exhaust Sound vids

Hey there,

Took some quick GoPro videos of the Dinan exhaust note if anyone is interested in the sound. Maybe it can help someone if they're trying to decide which exhaust to go with.

This was a decent run showing off the sound of the exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcEkfxu4HB4

Quicker video with harder shifts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_8-NRQG0yU

Oh my disclaimer: All videos were shot in Mexico going 25mph. Let me know your thoughts! Thnx!

Old 05-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
One of the best sounding motors/exhaust of all time. Thanks for sharing

Old 05-27-2011, 11:45 PM
JVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura about
Sweet!!! But I must say, although the picture is clear and crisp, the audio doesn't do it justice. Sounds way better in person! Thanks for sharing the vids.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kianfar
Man, these GoPro Cams do a great job as far as sound capturing. It used to be any video footage from the outside would just be all air sound, but now you can hear it nicely. I assume they use a very nice microphone. Op did you mod your GoPro, I was surprised that there was no air noise. Usually these outside videos are all air noise, and very annoying. Perhaps maybe since it was put in the back?
Yeah it was in the back right next to my license plate between the exhaust tips. Great spot for picking up the sound. GoPro cam was not modified - just the GoPro cam out of the box - nothing more. WHen I put it up on my car facing forward I pickup a lot of wind noise depending on placement. This spot right next to the license plate worked out nicely for what I was trying to do.