Mid-Atlantic Motor Club 2011 Cruising Season!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Drummerboy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversrt
Rob, you effin trip me out with your dialogue. I cant stop laughing long enough to do !@#$ the rest of the day. Catch you soon.
Let's link up soon fosho! You still have that condo out in OC, right? Let me know if you plan on being up there for the airshow on the 11/12th.. In addition to the F-22, they have a B-2 Stealth flyover on Sat!

Old 05-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
I think the National Harbor would be a wicked venue, arrive early have a few drinks chill and then drive back.

Photographers are a must.

Alternatively a drive through thr MD country roads with stops along the way....

Either/or I don't like fuc*in VA
Country roads might be tough unless we come from S. MD and then into NH; and the cops in S. MD are as bad as f***ing VA. Or we go through Frederick and drive all the way around towards NH.

Figured Berk had a regular meeting spot where we can meet and then take whatever to the mixing bowl to 95N and get to NH? Your thoughts?

Old 05-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Drummerboy
Well said Warren! Like you, I and the crazy Turkish dude have spoken about before - smaller groups and invite only is a must. Why?

Prime Example: That Midnight run through DC this Saturday ... ... ...

I find no other word other than embarrassing that ultimately captures the spirit of this sad abortion of a car event that I had the unfortunate displeasure of witnessing that night.

Once scenario of many: Due to the brilliant lack of coordination, a series of unfortunate events split me off from everyone and led me directly behind a grown 35-40 year old man, whose misguided directive for the night (in a less than desirable vehicle) was apparently to impress as many bystanders as possible with his display of lengthy burn outs and consistent lackluster engine cries of attention through the entire length of G-Town.

Naturally, while he surely assumed the response he heard emanating from the crowds to be the combination of both the sound of countless females singing his superior automotive praises and their panties hitting the floor, understandably, it was I who hails from the land of reality that realized we were not bathing in public adulation, but rather basking on the beaches of ridicule as the crowd pointed and clearly stated "look at these gay ******bags thinking they are badasses in their cars, how embarrassing". Great.

Thankfully, the sadness that is Georgetown/DC nightlife ended in all of its 10 blocks or so of glory and the spectacle was over in mere moments. For me anyways. As I looked for parking, I just saw the same group of guys turn around and do it all over again and again.

Simply put, in the huge playground of awesomness that is NYC, a run like this with great cars and even greater people makes sense. DC, who's day/night life consists of the few unimpressive Adams Morgan and G-Town - not so much.

Looking forward to some great runs/event this summer with some awesome cars and even greater people!

Very well said...I got so tired of the ******* exhaust & engine revving........... I turned the a/c on in my car and closed all the damn windows pronto!!!!

Old 05-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by boochook
Love the idea!! Send me a PM....can we set up private parking for photos and a quick place to eat?
Private parking on a Saturday will be tough; but they do have a parking lot & garage depending on what part of NH we are in.....check out the directory: http://www.nationalharbor.com/consum...ectory_map.pdf

Quick bite:
Baja Fresh
Pot Belly Sandwiches
Elevation Burger
Ketchup
Freshii

Any suggestions, people? Check out the directions and let's come up with some thoughts...

Old 05-30-2011, 05:17 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
If we are doing a cruise or something around the idea of corner carving, we need a route that's really carefully gone through...perhaps Shenandoah and make a day trip out to Luray Caverns or something...

I personally hesitate to speed or do anything even remotely drawing attention in VA...after going to undergrad at Vtech and living in Tysons for a while thereafter I now know better ...

I still think our best bet would be a rented airport, it's safe, no worries for tickets and we could do high speed runs in a controlled environment...

alternately we can organize a private track day at Summit Point (it will most likely be on a weekday though), I can find out about it since I instruct with BSR maybe we can do a track day or at least get the group of you to sign up for a Friday at the Track (FATT) there...and we could do a cruise up there together. Again this is a safe high speed venue, where you will learn and have fun at the same time, and no tickets for doing 160+ on the straightaway 20 times in a half hour haha!

Old 05-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Subscribing

Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
hilar ious......ROB, bro, you are a trip!!!!!

Originally Posted by Drummerboy
Well said Warren! Like you, I and the crazy Turkish dude have spoken about before - smaller groups and invite only is a must. Why?

Prime Example: That Midnight run through DC this Saturday ... ... ...

I find no other word other than embarrassing that ultimately captures the spirit of this sad abortion of a car event that I had the unfortunate displeasure of witnessing that night.

Once scenario of many: Due to the brilliant lack of coordination, a series of unfortunate events split me off from everyone and led me directly behind a grown 35-40 year old man, whose misguided directive for the night (in a less than desirable vehicle) was apparently to impress as many bystanders as possible with his display of lengthy burn outs and consistent lackluster engine cries of attention through the entire length of G-Town.

Naturally, while he surely assumed the response he heard emanating from the crowds to be the combination of both the sound of countless females singing his superior automotive praises and their panties hitting the floor, understandably, it was I who hails from the land of reality that realized we were not bathing in public adulation, but rather basking on the beaches of ridicule as the crowd pointed and clearly stated "look at these gay ******bags thinking they are badasses in their cars, how embarrassing". Great.

Thankfully, the sadness that is Georgetown/DC nightlife ended in all of its 10 blocks or so of glory and the spectacle was over in mere moments. For me anyways. As I looked for parking, I just saw the same group of guys turn around and do it all over again and again.

Simply put, in the huge playground of awesomness that is NYC, a run like this with great cars and even greater people makes sense. DC, who's day/night life consists of the few unimpressive Adams Morgan and G-Town - not so much.

Looking forward to some great runs/event this summer with some awesome cars and even greater people!

Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, I agree. Again, by Cruise I mean just that, not going CRAZY like some other organized events do, but an enjoyable cruise being safe and having fun. The airport and track rental are great ideas, as well as the National Harbor event. So, question is, when do folks want to do the National Harbor event? I will be sending out PM's and Texts/Emails to all Mid-Atlantic Motor Club members.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sunir
If we are doing a cruise or something around the idea of corner carving, we need a route that's really carefully gone through...perhaps Shenandoah and make a day trip out to Luray Caverns or something...

I personally hesitate to speed or do anything even remotely drawing attention in VA...after going to undergrad at Vtech and living in Tysons for a while thereafter I now know better ...

I still think our best bet would be a rented airport, it's safe, no worries for tickets and we could do high speed runs in a controlled environment...

alternately we can organize a private track day at Summit Point (it will most likely be on a weekday though), I can find out about it since I instruct with BSR maybe we can do a track day or at least get the group of you to sign up for a Friday at the Track (FATT) there...and we could do a cruise up there together. Again this is a safe high speed venue, where you will learn and have fun at the same time, and no tickets for doing 160+ on the straightaway 20 times in a half hour haha!
THIS. I attended a private track day on Shenandoah earlier this year and it was awesome. Very relaxed and got much more time on the track then at a FATT.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about

One of these days I hope to get in on one of these things. I'm not a crazy driver...ask my g/f. She says I drive like an old person..LOL!

I like to cruise with the top out...of the vette..and enjoy.

I have not been to the harbor in awhile..that could be cool.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:01 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
private track event would be awesome... either at summit or even a drag strip in the area might be fun.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
nax360 has a spectacular aura aboutnax360 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kianfar
Probably not possible, but it would be nice if someone could put in the time to get a real nice Cruise inline with Fairfax County Police Motorcade, like they do in California all the time. We have some nice roads here, 495, 28, 66. It would be sick to drive free for once, and not have to worry for 1. Safety, 2. Getting tickes, 3. Losing everyone. I think everyone would appreciate one big sick cruise vs many.
May be a little easier to coordinate something like this in Maryland.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Kumaiki is infamous around these parts
Last year I attended a private track day at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) with a bunch of people from all over the North East and Mid Atlantic. Everyone met in college park and caravaned the 5 hr trip down to Danville, Va. The drive down was a lot of fun; no one did anything stupid or went too fast. The next day contained an insane amount of track time. The morning sessions were about 20-25 min and by the afternoon the crowd had thinned enough that we were doing 30-40 min sessions. Also, the back straight at VIR is long enough that I could have hit 160 something.

In short it's a great cruise to the event, tons of high speed driving at the event, and decent cruise back home.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:20 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I would stay away from skyline drive or VA roads PERIOD. They don't like bunch of nice sports car all at once on the road. They WILL find something to stop us ALL and write up for dark tints, no front tags etc etc..
How about heading towards Lancaster or Pittsburg PA, i270 to i70? i70 and i76 are real nice routes through mountains which has some nice twisties.. just throwing it out there as onother option..

Old 06-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Guys - I'm open to a private track event, but then when it's time to pony up the deposit ahead of time, radio silence. So, we need to figure out who's definitely in on that and go from there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Motor Club 2011 Cruising Season!