Mid-Atlantic Special Forces Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:31 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I would love to go...and 11am gives me time to drive down., the only problem is that on that day I think Fraggle had scheduled his event which I had committed to several weeks ago.

I am good with weekdays too guys morning or evening ...just before or after rush hour to avoid traffic...

Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boochook
Ok - so we've gauged some interest here. How do folks feel about meeting at Blue Ridge Arsenal next Saturday, June 25th? No agenda, just whomever wants to show....

My firewall at work does NOT allow me to view the page for "CERTAIN SITES" like that, so I don't know what time they open. Would 11AM work for everyone? Gives Sunir time to come down from B'More as well if he was interested and it worked for his calendar.

Otherwise, I always go to Silver Eagle, which is a great facility and they rent guns as well.....much more styled place, but in the defense of Blue Ridge, I haven't been there in a while since they've done the refurbishing of the facility.
Only reason I didn't suggest Silver Eagle is because I was unsure if they rented firearms as well. Have heard great things about the place, but never been. Best range I've been to is NRA, but they don't rent.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:14 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
@ Sunir - That's right, let's reschedule for the week after even if that works? I don't want to impede on Mike's event which I may end up going to as well

@ Misanors - Yeah, Silver Eagle is beautiful and they have rentals like AK47 and the like with Pistols also.

Let's just nail down a date.... Saturday, July 2nd at Silver Eagle at 11AM???

Old 06-14-2011, 07:22 PM
RogueS60R is infamous around these parts
Hey Berk, I just heard of this place not long ago. I assume that AR/556 is ok if they are renting AK/7.62, but what about 50cal? I think I might be interested in anycase I have a Kimber 45 I have not really had a chance to play with yet.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:00 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Warren, pretty positive you should be good to go with the 556, but not 50cal.....got a buddy with a property in WVa we can use probably. Yeah man, bring the Kimber. Is it a 1911?

Originally Posted by RogueS60R
Hey Berk, I just heard of this place not long ago. I assume that AR/556 is ok if they are renting AK/7.62, but what about 50cal? I think I might be interested in anycase I have a Kimber 45 I have not really had a chance to play with yet.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
I'm in!

Hey Berk - I'm in for a day at the range. Saturdays work great for me.. Tuesday nights work great for me.

-NRA - nice range but they're a little weird about my firearms. Tend to feel like I'm being babysat.
-Blue Ridge - is where I shoot whenever I can manage to find/make the time. and Hooters is close by so that's always a plus.
-Silver Eagle Group - I checked the place out when it first opened - but I've never shot there - I would love to check the place out some time.

I got big into H&K's awhile back and actually started a small collection. Here's a quick photo:

Since this pic I've sold off the accessorized PS90. (it sucked and was too expensive to shoot hehe)

H&K USP Compact .45, H&K USP Combat Competition 9mm, H&K USP Match, H&K Mark 23, H&K Sl8/G36 Conversion. H&K USC/UMP Conversion, H&K 416 build, H&k Model 94.
I've also got a Glock 19C, Beretta Neos .22, Mossberg 590, Mossberg 500 and a Sig Saure P220 Elite

I can bring a variation of caliber firearms for anyone/anyone new that wants to experience them. I'm pretty laid back - but I'm a huge supporter of safety, education and responsibility of firearms. I'm not a wreckless idiot at the range (and believe me I've run across a few).

So anyways just lemme know the date and time!

-Matt

Old 06-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Sweet jesus Matt! How many of those did you need a class 3 stamp for? My favorite is either the ar or ump

Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Sweet jesus Matt! How many of those did you need a class 3 stamp for? My favorite is either the ar or ump
Hehe - 3 of them are SBR's. None of them are full auto. The suppressor on the Mark23 is fake (came with the package when I bought the Mark23 for a fantastic deal). Really it all looks meaner than it is.

Maybe one day I'll splurge for a full auto sear and setup for the HK 94 (the semi auto mp5 with a 16" long barrel) but these days I'm more into the M6 than anything.

Man is there any hobby that isn't expensive?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:16 PM
nax360 has a spectacular aura aboutnax360 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sunir
Berk and all...I am very interested in this event also. I don't have a fire arm but am interested in owning one at some point soon preferably a good starter pistol or something, I will need to read up on the laws for fire arm ownership in MD...I will need some advice and help with all of this as I am a newbie. I would like to try the range and see how it feels, try some types of guns out and see what I like... how does this work can I rent something there or borrow from one of you guys...how does it work at the range?

I can't make it this week...I am game from next week onward..and if this becomes a regular outing I would like to go regularly and work on my skills and familairity with firearms. Ever since I saw two full seasons of Top Shot on History Channel this has been something that has been on my mind. thanks for the opportunity to learn something new...
Hey Sunir, there's a range super close to us on 175, On Target. I have a Sig 229 357/.40 cal you can use, and On Target also rents guns as well and lets you exchange at no extra cost. Let me know when you're ready and I can swing by and give you the basics, do some dry firing so you can be a little more familiar when you actually go shoot.
Maryland gun laws suck. Next to impossible to get a concealed carry permit, and the only time you're allowed to have a weapon in your vehicle is if you're on your way to the range, or taking your dog to training.
There's a place that combines the liberal driving laws of Maryland, and the liberal gun laws of Virginia... TEXAS

Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mmalesic
Hey Berk - I'm in for a day at the range. Saturdays work great for me.. Tuesday nights work great for me.

-NRA - nice range but they're a little weird about my firearms. Tend to feel like I'm being babysat.
-Blue Ridge - is where I shoot whenever I can manage to find/make the time. and Hooters is close by so that's always a plus.
-Silver Eagle Group - I checked the place out when it first opened - but I've never shot there - I would love to check the place out some time.

I got big into H&K's awhile back and actually started a small collection. Here's a quick photo:

Since this pic I've sold off the accessorized PS90. (it sucked and was too expensive to shoot hehe)

H&K USP Compact .45, H&K USP Combat Competition 9mm, H&K USP Match, H&K Mark 23, H&K Sl8/G36 Conversion. H&K USC/UMP Conversion, H&K 416 build, H&k Model 94.
I've also got a Glock 19C, Beretta Neos .22, Mossberg 590, Mossberg 500 and a Sig Saure P220 Elite

I can bring a variation of caliber firearms for anyone/anyone new that wants to experience them. I'm pretty laid back - but I'm a huge supporter of safety, education and responsibility of firearms. I'm not a wreckless idiot at the range (and believe me I've run across a few).

-Matt
I sure haven't found an enjoyable cheap hobby yet, let me know when you do. If you don't mind me asking, how long was the turn around time to get the stamp on the AR? Also is the stamp like a one time thing, or do you have to apply for it every time you build a new SBR or something? My dream gun is a suppressed SBR with an Eotech. I wish I never sold my AR

Old 06-16-2011, 07:48 AM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
a few of mine..

Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Yo Brian - You never fail to dissappoint brother!! How you been? Those are just the collection that go in the 996TT every day....

When are we doing the next Scores Car Show and Rally????

Originally Posted by 911stripper
a few of mine..

Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 AM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mmalesic

-Matt
that front grip on the PS90 is slick. i need to get one of those.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by boochook
Yo Brian - You never fail to dissappoint brother!! How you been? Those are just the collection that go in the 996TT every day....

When are we doing the next Scores Car Show and Rally????
i put some gt3 seats in my 996 and now i cant even wear my sidearm because they are so narrow...

ive been to busy foolin with my boat to even think about my car yet, but i will have it ready soon. you have any cool ideas ?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Brian bud....I ran into your buddy Tommy at VIR last week...he says hello...small world lol! he got moved up a run group...I rode with him in the car as his instructor for his last session on track...another instructor and I swapped students that last session, Tommy was driving well. I told him to try FATT over at summit, I know you had mentioned that as well...hope to see you guys out there, BSR puts on a good event for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Special Forces Club