Mid-Atlantic Special Forces Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 08:46 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Mid-Atlantic Special Forces Club

Ok folks, let's hit the range, and I'm not talking about golf.

I frequent Silver Eagle Group outbhere in Ashburn. I say we pick like a weekday evening to go. Do Tuesdays work for everyone? Say we meet there at like 6pm?

Let me know and I may be able to call ahead to arrange some lanes close to each other.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Buhahah you oost this after we started fishing on the other thread.

Got any locations near manassas that cover 25yd pistol to 100-1000yd rifle? Remember I be from Idaho (most recently) so we used to do this **** off our back porch.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 PM
JVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura about
Count me in guys... Not so sure I can be at Silver Eagle by 6pm on a Tuesday (work in DC) but I can follow...

Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Berk, do you shoot skeet with that 870 of yours?

Old 06-09-2011, 03:09 PM
4RECAT is infamous around these parts4RECAT is infamous around these parts
By "Special", do you mean short yellow bus special?

Old 06-09-2011, 06:14 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, got a buddy with property in W VA we could go to. He was a Sniper...

Originally Posted by Fraggle
Buhahah you oost this after we started fishing on the other thread.

Got any locations near manassas that cover 25yd pistol to 100-1000yd rifle? Remember I be from Idaho (most recently) so we used to do this **** off our back porch.
I think they close by 8 Juls but I'm willing to try elsewhere if folks are interested.
Originally Posted by JVproM6
Count me in guys... Not so sure I can be at Silver Eagle by 6pm on a Tuesday (work in DC) but I can follow...

Old 06-09-2011, 06:15 PM
I haven't yet. My buddy suggested I try it. Let me know ifyou do and I'm in.

Originally Posted by Misanors4
Berk, do you shoot skeet with that 870 of yours?
hahahahaha.....

Originally Posted by 4RECAT
By "Special", do you mean short yellow bus special?

Old 06-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boochook
I haven't yet. My buddy suggested I try it. Let me know ifyou do and I'm in.

hahahahaha.....
Do you happen to know how long the barrel is on your 870? The place right by my house has a minimum barrel length. You should definitely give it a go. 5 bucks a round and 25 shots each round. Definitely a fun time.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
It's the 870 Express Synthetic......definitely interested if it meets the minimum length.

Originally Posted by Misanors4
Do you happen to know how long the barrel is on your 870? The place right by my house has a minimum barrel length. You should definitely give it a go. 5 bucks a round and 25 shots each round. Definitely a fun time.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 AM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
I'll probably join Berk I got a Sig Sauer P239 SAS I need to use

Old 06-12-2011, 02:07 PM
KJ sounds great. Let me know if an evening this week works bud....

Old 06-13-2011, 03:57 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Berk and all...I am very interested in this event also. I don't have a fire arm but am interested in owning one at some point soon preferably a good starter pistol or something, I will need to read up on the laws for fire arm ownership in MD...I will need some advice and help with all of this as I am a newbie. I would like to try the range and see how it feels, try some types of guns out and see what I like... how does this work can I rent something there or borrow from one of you guys...how does it work at the range?

I can't make it this week...I am game from next week onward..and if this becomes a regular outing I would like to go regularly and work on my skills and familairity with firearms. Ever since I saw two full seasons of Top Shot on History Channel this has been something that has been on my mind. thanks for the opportunity to learn something new...

Old 06-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Sunir, absolutely bud. You can try my pistol and I suggest you try others. You can rent them at most ranges also. Just buy the ammo, that's the common gesture that I have dine with friends before I bought my own.

It is a great feeling and you respect the firearm more. It takes skill and self control.

Maybe we do this on a Saturday or Sunday so you can come down from MD bud. There are some folks here in MD with firearms so I'm sure they can chime in buddy.

Originally Posted by sunir
Berk and all...I am very interested in this event also. I don't have a fire arm but am interested in owning one at some point soon preferably a good starter pistol or something, I will need to read up on the laws for fire arm ownership in MD...I will need some advice and help with all of this as I am a newbie. I would like to try the range and see how it feels, try some types of guns out and see what I like... how does this work can I rent something there or borrow from one of you guys...how does it work at the range?

I can't make it this week...I am game from next week onward..and if this becomes a regular outing I would like to go regularly and work on my skills and familairity with firearms. Ever since I saw two full seasons of Top Shot on History Channel this has been something that has been on my mind. thanks for the opportunity to learn something new...

Old 06-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by sunir

Blue Ridge Arsenal has your name all over it. That is the only range I have ever been to where you can rent a weapon. They have a large selection to rent from also. Just like most shooting ranges on the weekend the line is almost out the door. Best to get there right at opening.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Ok - so we've gauged some interest here. How do folks feel about meeting at Blue Ridge Arsenal next Saturday, June 25th? No agenda, just whomever wants to show....

My firewall at work does NOT allow me to view the page for "CERTAIN SITES" like that, so I don't know what time they open. Would 11AM work for everyone? Gives Sunir time to come down from B'More as well if he was interested and it worked for his calendar.

Otherwise, I always go to Silver Eagle, which is a great facility and they rent guns as well.....much more styled place, but in the defense of Blue Ridge, I haven't been there in a while since they've done the refurbishing of the facility.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Special Forces Club