Good place for a tint in Great Falls?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Hype Man is infamous around these parts
Good place for a tint in Great Falls?

Hey guys, I'm new here and living in Great Falls, VA this summer. I was browsing the C&C at Katie's and that looks great - I'm definitely going to try to start going. Just leased a G37x coupe and looking for a place to get the windows tinted locally and hopefully a good mesh of quality and price. Let me know if such a place exists! Thanks.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Welcome to the area, where are you originally from?

Check out the threads in this section, tints etc have been covered quite a bit over the last few months

Look forward to seeing you at Katie's.

Originally Posted by Hype Man
Hey guys, I'm new here and living in Great Falls, VA this summer. I was browsing the C&C at Katie's and that looks great - I'm definitely going to try to start going. Just leased a G37x coupe and looking for a place to get the windows tinted locally and hopefully a good mesh of quality and price. Let me know if such a place exists! Thanks.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
Welcome to the area, where are you originally from?

Check out the threads in this section, tints etc have been covered quite a bit over the last few months

Look forward to seeing you at Katie's.
I grew up in King of Prussia/Valley Forge - suburbs of Philadelphia, although I just spent 4 years up in Bethlehem, PA at Lehigh University. I'm down here now working for an IP consulting firm.

After some searching, it seems like TNT or LA tints are the way to go - mostly good reviews from both I think.

I'll definitely be at Katie's this Saturday so I'll be sure to say hello.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:56 AM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
La tint in sterling is a good option. They tinted my car's impossible back window and were the only people I could find that knew what they were doing and did it right.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
+1 on LA Tint. Have seen good work from them.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:56 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
ap tint...but they are in sykesville md...they will travel to you though so no problem... they did my gt2, front windshield of my sl55 in air blue tint, and will do the sides and front of my truck...

Last edited by sunir; 06-16-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Kianfar
Don't pay so much for these Franchise guys. So many hungry people on Craigslist will do it for you, and go above and beyond any franchise who uses the name and does a worse job. Get on Craigslist, they come to your house, tint your full car, best film with Lifetime on Labor and Film. You'r going to end up paying only $100. I've tinted 7 cars, and haven't looked back at any of the franchises who charge up to 500-600 for a simple tint. Always go for someone who is hungry for money.
That's interesting, never would have imagined Craigslist folk to do quality work like you've described. I'll look into it - any particulars that you've dealt with?

Originally Posted by sunir
ap tint...but they are in sykesville md...they will travel to you though so no problem... they did my gt2, front windshield of my sl55 in air blue tint, and will do the sides and front of my truck...
Do they need a garage space to do it once they get to you? My car sits outside

Old 06-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
I'm getting the M6 done this coming thursday at TNT Tint in Alexandria. They're doing 35% all the way around except for the windshield of course. I've heard good things about them so hopefully it'll be a good experience.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:54 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
That's interesting, never would have imagined Craigslist folk to do quality work like you've described. I'll look into it - any particulars that you've dealt with?

Do they need a garage space to do it once they get to you? My car sits outside
I think they need indoor space if it's hot out... they use Pinnacle F1 Ceramic which has similar specs in performance to Huber Optik for automotive applications in heat reduction and UVA/UVB ray cancellation...using a thinner more pliable film.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
Huber Optik

Man I asked TNT Tint to do mine with Huber Optik and they told me it was crap..(which is hard to believe really). They recommended SolarGuard HP Charcoal (I haven't heard much about them).

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about the Charcoal film?

Old 06-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Here's who I recommend; which is about 15-20 mins from Great Falls, MD:

National Glass Tinting

10421 Metropolitan Ave # B
Kensington, MD 20895-2651
(301) 946-8584

Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Here's who I recommend; which is about 15-20 mins from Great Falls, MD:

National Glass Tinting

10421 Metropolitan Ave # B
Kensington, MD 20895-2651
(301) 946-8584
Thanks for the recommendation, do you think you could explain a little more why they are a good choice? Good experiences you've had with them? Would have sent PM but alas, need MOAR posts.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Thanks for the recommendation, do you think you could explain a little more why they are a good choice? Good experiences you've had with them? Would have sent PM but alas, need MOAR posts.
I've had about 10 cars done by them over the last ten years; and there work is impecable as well as there lifetime warranty. Feel free to check out there reviews on google as well.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
National Glass Tinting did 2 cars for me in the past...

They do a good job. I don't know what film they use but I do not think it is as high performance as ceramic F1 or Huber. You will need to call and ask. As for work they did a BMW sedan for me which came out very good but after 4 -5 years the tint on the left rear window was starting to delaminate and become waivy. The also did a Mercedes SL500 I had and they could not get the front sunstrip right, took it to them twice and they still could not do it perfectly, and they had some bubbling that didn't seem to go away. Everything else on that car was done well though.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Appreciate all the advice guys, I'm gonna weigh my options before I make a move but I'll post pics when I decide.