~ IMA MOTORSPORT ~ Just Lost A Valuable Customer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Angry ~ IMA MOTORSPORT ~ Just Lost A Valuable Customer

Good luck to them and their future endeavors, however, they will NEVER see my business, support or endorsement again. Thought I'd share......

I hope that last $900.00 you got from me was worth it!!!

Old 06-13-2011, 01:50 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Please explain so we are aware of what happened??

Old 06-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Absolutely amazing, you'd think having a valuable customer who places his trust in you and loyalty should at least be looked after!

Berkster think of it this way at least they can't *uc* up your stunning 997 this time round, all the best brother.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Simtiaz, would rather reserve doing that off-line rather than publicly displaying all the details.

Net-Net - It was enough to **** me off to the point to want to make my position known.

This is not to say that EVERYONE has had my experience, but I need my position to be represented as well. I'm sorry it has come to this, but they could have made it work out.

Sorry to be so vague guys. I'm not trying to pull people away, but felt the urge to voice my dissappointment with IMA Motorsport.

I wish them well and good luck.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Berk, while I wish you had called this issue to my attention before it reached this point...it is what it is...you might as well tell your story since you have opened this can of worms then I can close the thread unless Ivan wishes to respond..thanks

Old 06-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks Mickster!!!! They clearly needed ALL THAT MONEY more than I did.

Originally Posted by Exlondoner
Absolutely amazing, you'd think having a valuable customer who places his trust in you and loyalty should at least be looked after!

Berkster think of it this way at least they can't *uc* up your stunning 997 this time round, all the best brother.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
This is very sad news as you were always a key component for them here on 6speed. Always high praise. Se la vie.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 PM
My apologies Chuck. I just sent you a PM. If you need to close this Thread, you may. I respect you and the 6speedonline.com members/owners enough not to make this a BIG DEAL if it causes too much of an issue.

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Berk, while I wish you had called this issue to my attention before it reached this point...it is what it is...you might as well tell your story since you have opened this can of worms then I can close the thread unless Ivan wishes to respond..thanks
Scott - Yes it is very sad news. Oh well. You live and you learn and THIS was a learning experience for me.

Regardless, I'm not going to let this phase me anymore. This was my way of just getting it off my chest.

Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
This is very sad news as you were always a key component for them here on 6speed. Always high praise. Se la vie.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
since I don't really consider this a "flame thread" I'm not going to close it...we let members post positive threads when they get a good deal or a vendor treats them really well so I think the other side of the coin should apply as well...if a vendor gives bad service/communication the members deserve to hear that too...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Thank you chuck!!!!! Positive rep coming your way!!!!

Originally Posted by gt3 chuck
since i don't really consider this a "flame thread" i'm not going to close it...we let members post positive threads when they get a good deal or a vendor treats them really well so i think the other side of the coin should apply as well...if a vendor gives bad service/communication the members deserve to hear that too...

Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Wow this is news indeed....Berkster you had been a loyal supporter of IMA for some time now, in fact it's because of all the good things I had heard about Ivan and the shop that I went all the way over there for the IMS clinic they put on one Saturday morning.

Good to know both sides of the coin, would love to hear about your issue(s) offline bro... IMA is a bit far for me anyway but I thought them to be a good place from seeing the shop and talking with Ivan etc...

Old 06-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
IMA Motorsport is infamous around these partsIMA Motorsport is infamous around these parts
It is unfortunate that Berk felt the need to take this public. There is a difference of opinion on "that last $900". Berk brought the car in to us to fix an electronic oil pump that failed. We, Berk and I, decided we would replace that oil pump with a mechanical one so it would not fail again(the electronic one failed twice, a design flaw, not an install error). We took the faulty pump off, cleaned the car and paid our employee many hours to perform this work. Berk decided a few days later he would rather just take the turbo kit off the car altogether because he had a lead on a 997 that he wanted to buy. He wanted to sell the C4S. Berk has talked about buying a 997 for the last several years. In addition to removing the turbo kit, he also asked us to remove a roll bar(that we did not install). In doing so we found that the roll bar had been installed improperly and the seat belt hardware had been cross threaded. We needed to buy a tap to fix it. It was not as easy as just taking out the roll bar. Again, we paid our employee many hours to perform this work. We also had to re-flash the car which we had to pay for. Nothing is free. Berk's initial bill was a tad over $1600 for all the labor, tap and re-flash of the ECU. He felt he shouldn't pay a dime for anything. After we sat down and discussed the amount of time and cost that was actually involved with everything we did, he decided he would offer $1200. I told him that I would actually be ok if he just covered the cost of the re-flash and he said no, he would pay the $1200. Well, he must have had a change of heart because he disputed the charge with his credit card company. We sent in the information the credit card company requested and they sided with us. Considering that I thought of Berk as a friend more so than a customer, I was surprised he couldn't muster up the nerve to call me and just ask for the $900 back. I offered it in the first place.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Sunir, a disgrace it is, and now I will reply to Ivan's post....

Originally Posted by sunir
Wow this is news indeed....Berkster you had been a loyal supporter of IMA for some time now, in fact it's because of all the good things I had heard about Ivan and the shop that I went all the way over there for the IMS clinic they put on one Saturday morning.

Good to know both sides of the coin, would love to hear about your issue(s) offline bro... IMA is a bit far for me anyway but I thought them to be a good place from seeing the shop and talking with Ivan etc...

Old 06-13-2011, 04:27 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Wow... sorry to hear.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I've decided to be the bigger person here and remove my valid defense and put this to rest.....

Again, my experience may not be the same as everyone else so I want to be fair to IMA and their business by not getting specific.

My apologies to all for all this drama, but felt I needed to voice my frustration.....

Key takeaway for all......always ask for things in writing .....

Last edited by boochook; 06-13-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: I have decided not to air the full details anymore.....not fair to him... to him....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ~ IMA MOTORSPORT ~ Just Lost A Valuable Customer