Does anybody know someone at VOB of BMW in MD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 06:35 AM
VTGT is infamous around these parts
Does anybody know someone at VOB of BMW in MD?

I am negotiating on a vehicle at VOB BMW in Rockville. Does anyone have any contacts over there? I am trying to negotiate a little bit and they aren't budging at all.

Contact me via PM if you do

Thanks guys and gals, any help is very much appreciated.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:06 AM
pseto is infamous around these parts
why would they negotiate? its one of the richest neighborhoods in the US and the beginning of the month.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by VTGT
I am negotiating on a vehicle at VOB BMW in Rockville. Does anyone have any contacts over there? I am trying to negotiate a little bit and they aren't budging at all.

Contact me via PM if you do

Thanks guys and gals, any help is very much appreciated.

FWIW: VOB doesn't have the best rep among the dealerships.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
David Strassman. I leased my first BMW from him when he was a salesperson..second go round he was Sales Manager. Not sure it will get you any where but, you can tell him I sent you....Mike Kincaid 2003 330 and then a 2008 or 2009 335i (I can't remember) were the two cars.

You might want to also check BMW of Towson..they seem to really want to deal...when I spoke with them.

I'm no longer a fan of BMW and not so much of VOB any more either...but, that's probably personal so, see what you can do.

PM me if you have questions...as there is one salesperson I won't deal with over there. I find it funny they provide you an e-mail address yet rarely respond if you e-mail them after you buy the car. I'm in sales and find that shocking. If I did not e-mail people back or call them back...I would not be here.

Anyway......Good Luck!

Old 07-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pseto
why would they negotiate? its one of the richest neighborhoods in the US and the beginning of the month.
Yeah but, were not all rich....and give some one a nickel quickly you may get a sale alot quicker than going back and forth for hours to ultimately end up at the where you asked to be to start. Why not take 30 minutes and get a sale instead of hours? Never understood it. But they can take all the time they want...I can wait if they like to do it that way. Just makes no sense.

Just my .02.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:33 PM
VTGT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bonefish
Yeah but, were not all rich....and give some one a nickel quickly you may get a sale alot quicker than going back and forth for hours to ultimately end up at the where you asked to be to start. Why not take 30 minutes and get a sale instead of hours? Never understood it. But they can take all the time they want...I can wait if they like to do it that way. Just makes no sense.

Just my .02.
Agreed 100%. I know car buying is a business, but I generally buy my vehicles for wholesale/trade-in (maybe 1000-1500 over trade in if the vehicle is in phenominal condition and and rare).

The dealers in the past have usually given me a great deal because they know I will send them a lot of business there way, and they generally earn my business for my next vehicle.

This is why larger dealers can afford to have smaller margins, because they ssell so many cars even if they only make 500 on a car they will do pretty good

Only reason I asked if anybody knew someone at VOB is because I do not have any contacts over there yet, and they had a vehicle that met my criteria.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah I would speak with David Strassman. To be honest he is one of the best guys I've ever dealt with in car sales..and I've bought 15+ cars in the last 10 years alone. Maybe not alot to some but to me it is. LOL! My biggest issue was the lack of response to my e-mails and then making an excuse about it. This was not David and it was after the sale. Like we are all one shot wonders...and will never buy again. That's a bad idea as people talk...just like I'm doing.

Their service dept has one person I would deal with there and for some reason I was not allowed to work with that guy..even after they originally asked me. And the kids they have shuttle cars back and forth drive them way to fast for my liking. Some pet peeves I guess that some would over look.

Let me know how it goes

Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
OP: Are you looking to buy new/used, cause if your looking to buy used, I have a acct with Manheim and can get you something if need be. PM me if you need more details/info.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Tom Foster -- Passport BMW; tell him Scott from Frederick referred you. You will be taken care of and their prices are unbeatable. My wife bought her X5 from VOB; never again. Bought my 335's from Tom at Passport. He drove from their shop in Marlow Heights to Bethesda to pick my wife's X5 up to get certified as she bought it after her initial lease was up. VOB would not do a damn thing on the certification process. They are simply arrogant dbags there.

Last edited by amerlemans; 07-08-2011 at 11:38 AM.