Bikini Car Wash #2 - Arlington, July 23rd @ 12:00pm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I'll try and stop by.
Sunir we got smashed up Sat - I need to quit drinking.

Scott are you going?

Old 07-19-2011, 09:59 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
best of luck with the event Mark.. I'd go to show support but I already have plans. Keep 'em events coming!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Where in the hell is everyone going to park? There's hardly any parking there much less room for an event???

Old 07-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
I'll try and stop by.

Scott are you going?
Yup. I googled the place and see no parking lot for the joint. Hopefully they retained use of a lot nearby. Pej did a few events there without issues.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Been there a couple times, didn't enjoy it that much (even as Pej's event). Cars parked on the SIDEWALK, but there was only room for about 7-8 of them on the sidewalk and if you're low, you had to angle in. Otherwise, it's street parking and parking garage.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Forget that then thanks for the head's up regarding the parking situation.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:58 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
I'll try and stop by.

Scott are you going?
rightly mashed up mate....a pissed time indeed had by all!!!

in regards to the parking, I've been to Carribean breeze several times back in my Arlington/NoVA days and we always took cabs, great venue, no parking....except as mentioned a few spots outside on the street...

I told the girl (organizer of Branches) this at the last event...the fact remains if you want to bring car guys you have to make sure parking is covered and things like ramps and pathway angles are looked at carefully...Branches is cutting deals with venue partners to host events (which is only one part of it) and not paying attention to what their customer (car owners - the 2nd and most important part of it) needs are... securing a large parking lot with plat and wide entry and exit would have ensured a full event for them, hopefully they will learn and apply next time

Old 07-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
No parking...I'll pass!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:49 AM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vntperformance
No parking...I'll pass!
Val - I have spoken with the organizer and she claims that there will be roped off area for us to park. I'm waiting to hear back exactly how much space because I too don't want to park on the street for a Car Wash event....

Old 07-21-2011, 12:15 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTLaser
Val - I have spoken with the organizer and she claims that there will be roped off area for us to park. I'm waiting to hear back exactly how much space because I too don't want to park on the street for a Car Wash event....
dude let me know about this also...if we have an area to park and hang out that is cool and I'll most likely stop by...it would suck to drive from Bmore all the way to Arlington and have no parking...

Honesty I don't know how or what area they have to ropw off...take a look at the place on google earth or go by there (like I said I've been thereseveral times) there is NO Parking anywhere around that entire area except parking garages and metered parallel parking spots on the street un farifax drive and roads perpendicular.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
I hope everyone is not planning on coming due to the the "no parking" rumors.... it would be a shame.

As requested by "Bahnchod"... ... I have contacted Sarah, event organizer for the charity wash, and here is her response:

"To clarify a few questions about parking, there will be private parking
for those attending the event. There is a parking lot directly across from
Caribbean Breeze that the restaurant pays for Thursday-Sunday to be used
by them. I talked to the owner of the restaurant and he has given me
permission to block off the parking lot and use it strictly for my event.

All cars and guests that come for the event are allowed to park their cars
in the parking lot for however long they wish, even if they are not
getting their car washed. No one will have to use street parking or
metered parking.

If there are any more questions please contact me at
sarah@wearethebranches.org"

Last edited by GTLaser; 07-21-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:17 PM
[quote=GTLaser;3265535]I hope everyone is not planning on coming due to the the "no parking" rumors.... it would be a shame.

As requested by "Panchod"... ... I have contacted Sarah, event organizer for the charity wash, and here is her response:

metered parking.

sarah@wearethebranches.org"[/quote]

Sounds good...that is a private lot, so glad that they got that reserved. nice work on reporting bahnchod!!

Old 07-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I fixed it....

Originally Posted by sunir
Originally Posted by GTLaser
I hope everyone is not planning on coming due to the the "no parking" rumors.... it would be a shame.

As requested by "Panchod"... ... I have contacted Sarah, event organizer for the charity wash, and here is her response:

metered parking.

sarah@wearethebranches.org"
Sounds good...that is a private lot, so glad that they got that reserved. nice work on reporting bahnchod!!

Old 07-22-2011, 07:12 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Now what is she going to do about the heat? I heard an advisory this morning that said something like, "....women and children should be especially careful... women in bikinis should remove them to improve cooling....drink plenty of water, etc."

Old 07-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
In lieu of that, a cold wet t-shirt, white for the best sun reflective properties might suffice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bikini Car Wash #2 - Arlington, July 23rd @ 12:00pm