Summit Point Main HPDE - Aug 6th & 7th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:59 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Ken, you sign up for that day in October yet? I'll be signing up tonight.
Yup. Only for Saturday tho. I want to start in Intermediate group as I haven't been to that place for ages but they automatically put me in Advance based on my total number of days. Regardless, excited for my first track day in an RS! Woot!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Sweet man, should be a great time. I love Shenandoah.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:32 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Sweet man, should be a great time. I love Shenandoah.
Are you driving a GT3 to a track or gonna trailer it? I'm thinking of waking up early and drive up in the the morning. I have regular PS2s on anyway.

Just sent texts to KJ and Chris also.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Hoping to trailer, my toyos are getting low on life so if I can get my buddy with his two car trailer to sign up then I will be tagging along with him.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:24 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
If you guys are looking for a track event for Oct, please consider the VIR full course Oct 1st & 2nd with Tarheel BMW CCA. They are looking to sign up more folks in the student groups, and offer great instruction and lots of seat time for an affordable cost, they have a good reputation for safe and well run HPDE programs.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
If you guys are looking for a track event for Oct, please consider the VIR full course Oct 1st & 2nd with Tarheel BMW CCA. They are looking to sign up more folks in the student groups, and offer great instruction and lots of seat time for an affordable cost, they have a good reputation for safe and well run HPDE programs.
Do I have to be a BMWCCA member to sign up in those events? I'm interested in one weekend at VIR this year even though I think it's kinda far to drive down there without a trailer.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:49 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
You do not have to be a BMWCCA member, you just need to sign up on motorsportreg...

Old 08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
Or, instead of heading all the way down to VIR, there's another one a lot closer at Summit Point the same weekend:

BMWCCA Summit Point HPDE

Its close enough to commute everyday which is what most people do.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 PM
^^^ how can you compare Jefferson circuit to VIR full course Paul hahaha ...that's like comparing pop warner to the NFL hahaha

Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
^^^ how can you compare Jefferson circuit to VIR full course Paul hahaha ...that's like comparing pop warner to the NFL hahaha
You're right , there's no comparison when you look at the tracks themselves. But, it is an alternative if you don't want to drive 5-6 hours

Old 08-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by pseto
You're right , there's no comparison when you look at the tracks themselves. But, it is an alternative if you don't want to drive 5-6 hours
lol I was just bustin your chops buddy you have a good point about the drive...the tow out to VIR is longer than SPR, ugh, hate that but I like it once I am there...

Old 08-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by datax
Do I have to be a BMWCCA member to sign up in those events? I'm interested in one weekend at VIR this year even though I think it's kinda far to drive down there without a trailer.
I was going to ask the same thing. Is that the only group you instruct for sunir? Ken, were heading to vir for sure in November with trackdaze although I'd be interested in other days if on the weekend.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:17 PM
I was going to ask the same thing. Is that the only group you instruct for sunir? Ken, were heading to vir for sure in November with trackdaze although I'd be interested in other days if on the weekend.
They are one of the groups along with BSR Friday at the Track Program, PCA various regions- Potomac, Zone 1 and 2, Riesentoter, NJ and others, NASA, Ferrari/Lambo FMoW/FCA, Car Guys, Mercedes MBCA, BMW CCA various chapters, Audi ACNA various regions ...the only ones I haven't really worked with is Chin and trackdaze, just never really went to their events maybe I will give them a try sometime...I don't really do it anymore for the gobs of seat time, it's more now to decompress and teach, unlike a race weekend when the main focus is seat time/practice - laptime, pole, and winning races and getting points, a DE weekend to me is more about working with students and having a fun time with it

Old 08-25-2011, 06:49 PM
They are one of the groups along with BSR Friday at the Track Program, PCA various regions- Potomac, Zone 1 and 2, Riesentoter, NJ and others, NASA, Ferrari/Lambo FMoW/FCA, Car Guys, Mercedes MBCA, BMW CCA various chapters, Audi ACNA various regions ...the only ones I haven't really worked with is Chin and trackdaze, just never really went to their events maybe I will give them a try sometime...I don't really do it anymore for the gobs of seat time, it's more now to decompress and teach, unlike a race weekend when the main focus is seat time/practice - laptime, pole, and winning races and getting points, a DE weekend to me is more about working with students and having a fun time with it
Quite the resume huh?! I think we met way back at a FATT one Friday. You have an E36 too right? We'll have have to hook up at an event so you can ride with me. Always looking for more feedback/help.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Quite the resume huh?! I think we met way back at a FATT one Friday. You have an E36 too right? We'll have have to hook up at an event so you can ride with me. Always looking for more feedback/help.
lol yeah I've been doing this stuff for a little while from starting out in DE's then into racing and now mostly instructing and what not lol...can't believe how quick time flies I remember my first event as a green group student in 2002 lol!