No more ICC for me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:22 PM
DoNDoN is infamous around these parts
No more ICC for me

I was driving my VA registered car on Norbeck and was entering the ICC ramp when i saw a MTA cop pulling some one over on the other side. I let the car coast down the ramp while the officer stared down my car. I started driving 55mph on the ICC because there are always MTA cops on this road and I wanted no part of any sort of speeding ticket. Two minutes later I see the cop at the back of my car with his lights on. He pulls me over and the first thing he says is where is your front tag. I said it was not with me. He then proceeded to ask for me for my license and registration. I went for my wallet and I remembered I had left it in my golf bag. I told him it was in my golf bag and I could get it for him. He then proceeded to tell me it was illegal to not have my license readily available. I told him it was my mistake and I was sorry and he still bashed me for not having it. He later comes back to me with a ticket. I just drove off and later look at the ticket and it says failure to display front and REAR tags. I was dumbfounded. He never once asked me for my actual license.

I have been looking for the actual law on this whether a MD cop can pull over a VA registered car for front plate or not.

Needless to say MD has been struggling to get people on the ICC. I will no longer use this road as it is the most policed highway in MD. Why should I pay for a road that has cops everywhere?

Old 07-20-2011, 05:55 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Don, let me know if you need a lawyer. I would fight it.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
ICC definitely ICSucks! They have their own ICC police force as well. Usually a cop or three every time I ride it.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
ICC is all about revenue, of course they patrol the **** out of it.

Love my 4mile commute to work down 28... Sometimes I even have to stop at all 5 traffic lights.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 PM
RINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud of
I rode it when it was free. I Refuse to pay a fee to use it.
I figured they would just mount some speed cameras up with the toll sensors, and get lots of money.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:17 PM
gsrjc is infamous around these parts
that sucks... i'll remember not to drive on the ICC then... i hate front tags.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by DoNDoN

I have been looking for the actual law on this whether a MD cop can pull over a VA registered car for front plate or not.

I was in court as a witness in a criminal case - and watched just such a case... Va. driver in Md. They guy had a lawyer and he presented case law and cites from Maryland Code.

The driver lost.

You may have a leg to stand on because you WERE displaying a rear tag. Is it one charge - or two? If one - you could make the argument (in my opinion - successfully) that the charge was inaccurate.... and thus should be thrown out. No cop would have let you go if you had NO tags on the car. They would have towed it. Make sure you read the specific charge in the Maryland code.

If you do this - sticky tape the front plate to the proper location and take and print a photo for the judge. He will ask.

Last edited by Estoril; 07-21-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:23 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear about your incident and I call BS on "it's illegal not to have your license on you right away" give me a bludy break, you were still able to present it if he allowed you too.

I have no desire to use the ICC and will never need too.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:38 AM
DoNDoN is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Estoril
I was in court as a witness in a criminal case - and watched just such a case... Va. driver in Md. They guy had a lawyer and he presented case law and cites from Maryland Code.

The driver lost.

You may have a leg to stand on because you WERE displaying a rear tag. Is it one charge - or two? If one - you could make the argument (in my opinion - successfully) that the charge was inaccurate.... and thus should be thrown out. No cop would have let you go if you had NO tags on the car. They would have towed it. Make sure you read the specific charge in the Maryland code.

If you do this - sticky tape the front plate to the proper location and take and print a photo for the judge. He will ask.
I received one charge which was TA-13-411(a) FAILURE TO ATTACH VEHICLE REGISTRATION PLATES AT FRONT AND REAR.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 AM
nax360 has a spectacular aura aboutnax360 has a spectacular aura about
i say we all hit it up around midnight or 1 a.m. and do about 150-160 past the MTA in protest

Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Glad I don't even have to come near it!

Old 07-21-2011, 01:31 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nax360
i say we all hit it up around midnight or 1 a.m. and do about 150-160 past the MTA in protest
hahaha I wonder what they would think if they saw like 10 cars doing 150mph all at once thru there ...they would go nutz LOL

Old 07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
I received one charge which was TA-13-411(a) FAILURE TO ATTACH VEHICLE REGISTRATION PLATES AT FRONT AND REAR.

Well - you DID fail to attach plates front and rear - so I don't think you can beat it unless you have some other out.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
My warning last week also states the exact same, fornt AND rear. Interesting.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:59 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ the infraction is for failing to 'Install plates front AND rear' as mentioned...they consider having either and not the other or not having both the same infraction...

It's not wrongly written you just have to treat it for what it is, not a moving violation but a citation non the less...I got one also and paid the fine, it's no points...Scott you are getting really lucky bud getting these warnings :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No more ICC for me