Bull Run #4 - Sunday 8/21

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RINGSROC
You guys are a trip!...lol

I would love to do some track stuff, but until i get a bit less Stock, It may not be worth it.
Having just picked up the S4, I have enjoyed learning how my car handles in different situations during these runs.
Audi club is having a DE at Summit Point in Sept, you can bring a completely stock car, just get a tech inspection done prior and just check your brake pads, oil, brake fluid, normal stuff. What you do on the street does not translate onto a track, things like not looking far enough ahead, or focusing on the car's bumper ahead of you and following his line instead of driving your own line, or turning in too early or braking too soon or too much or not being smooth with pedal transitions are things that often times beginner students have picked up from the street and those things do not help you on a circuit...bring an open mind and a fresh outlook and just learn and have fun

Old 08-23-2011, 05:17 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
Audi club is having a DE at Summit Point in Sept, you can bring a completely stock car, just get a tech inspection done prior and just check your brake pads, oil, brake fluid, normal stuff. What you do on the street does not translate onto a track, things like not looking far enough ahead, or focusing on the car's bumper ahead of you and following his line instead of driving your own line, or turning in too early or braking too soon or too much or not being smooth with pedal transitions are things that often times beginner students have picked up from the street and those things do not help you on a circuit...bring an open mind and a fresh outlook and just learn and have fun
We understand that you are an EXPERT. Which car will you be driving in the Baltimore Grand Prix.

Do me a personal favor and stop hijacking my threads. Start you own "I'm an expert driver thread". We all understand how great you are

Thanks,

Bull

Old 08-23-2011, 05:24 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bull30
We understand that you are an EXPERT. Which car will you be driving in the Baltimore Grand Prix.

Do me a personal favor and stop hijacking my threads. Start you own "I'm an expert driver thread". We all understand how great you are

Thanks,

Bull
Bull I never said anything of the sort, I was simply pointing out a comment which was off topic (ref my post #20 and your response post #21), you came back with the wise *** remark about lowlly thread hijacker and brass ***** and what not...I knew you were joking around so I joked back...don't get your panties in a bunch big guy...sheeeeshhh

Last edited by sunir; 08-23-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
Bull I never said anything of the sort, I was simply pointing out a comment which was off topic (ref my post #20 and your response post #21), you came back with the wise *** remark about lowlly thread hijacker and brass ***** and what not...I knew you were joking around so I joked back...don't get your panties in a bunch big guy...sheeeeshhh
WOW, getting a little sensitive are we... Read your posts again carefully,, let me know if you think may have crossed the line.

These runs take mega hours to put together and have brought a lot of joy and fun to many on this forum for years. Scoping out all the routes and being the pathfinder is a massive responsibility. So to make light of them is to make light of all the work that goes into them and rather insulting.

I too raced for years dating back to the late 60's in my Sunbeam Tiger. Driving the runs is a different skill set not meant for everyone or the faint of heart.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by bull30
WOW, getting a little sensitive are we... Read your posts again carefully,, let me know if you think may have crossed the line.

These runs take mega hours to put together and have brought a lot of joy and fun to many on this forum for years. Scoping out all the routes and being the pathfinder is a massive responsibility. So to make light of them is to make light of all the work that goes into them and rather insulting.

I too raced for years dating back to the late 60's in my Sunbeam Tiger. Driving the runs is a different skill set not meant for everyone or the faint of heart.
Bull I apologize bud...I didn't see it like that. I agree it takes a ton of planning and I respect that in what you do...and I also would love to go on one of your runs...I think the routes from what I've seen on vid look amazing

I think you and I are both passionate about driving, we're both pretty strong personalities...I was just joking around and I didn't mean any harm, or to insult ya and was not trying to purposely make light of them...

Were both joking kinda guys I've never laughed so hard around car guys as I did hanging out with you at Fraggles house for his bbq....keep up the good work bud, hope to join you someitme...

Sunbeam Tiger in the late 60's...awesome!!! must have been a ton of fun!

Old 08-25-2011, 03:11 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Let's Get Back to the Cars and Driving.

Ok, if no one minds, let's put away the penises and bring out the cars.

Here is a video from the lastest drive. I mounted my GoPro on the lowest part of my bumper for a nice low-slung perspective that really gets the blood pumping.

This was a great drive that was slowed at the end due to a bit of rain, and then followed by a nice meal at a very historic inn.

Thanks again to Bull for arranging such a kick-*** time, and thanks to the guys for great driving and solid company at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD1tw...layer_embedded

Attached Images     

Last edited by mtmd11; 08-25-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey, I know those roads... Freakin' awesome video I really like where you mounted the camera. Thanks for posting.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
bimmer32five is infamous around these parts
You guys drove right by my parents neighborhood in PA...I won't name the area of on here of course.

Great video.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Remind me to clear-bra my go pro cases. Now I see, and hear, why my front bumper is so chipped up. Cool vid!

Old 08-25-2011, 06:18 PM
RINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud of
Who's eating a bag of chips ....lol

Great video!! Looks like I missed a great one!

See you all on the next one if the car is ready by then.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Remind me to clear-bra my go pro cases. Now I see, and hear, why my front bumper is so chipped up. Cool vid!
I'm not sure that it's getting sand blasted. There's just too much of it. It seems to have started when the rain started lightly falling. I think the sound is rain drops hitting the camera.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
It's definitely the rock chips they use on the roads. On the 720HD video you can see the individual chips. The one area we went through with the 'Road Oiled" signs... I really went slow through there, but some of the other roads had been done recently enough that some came flying up.
The case actually isn't dinged at all, it must be pretty tough, and I looked at my bumper and hood and the 3M is doing its job it appears.
Either way, it is painful to hear.

Last edited by mtmd11; 01-31-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:52 PM
gsrjc is infamous around these parts
how fast were you guys driving? couldn't tell from the video but looked like tons of fun. hope to join one day.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:17 AM
Originally Posted by gsrjc
how fast were you guys driving?
The posted speed limit. At all times.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:27 AM
Originally Posted by mtmd11
The posted speed limit. At all times.
Excellent answer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bull Run #4 - Sunday 8/21