Baltimore GP parking GPS info?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:51 AM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
I'll see you Gents there!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by B.Lasek
I'll see you Gents there!
Apparently only if you have a Porsche to park

Looking forward to it!

Old 08-31-2011, 02:47 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Here's a good overview of corral parking. Courtesy of PCA Zone 2.

Attached Files
Old 08-31-2011, 03:02 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
They also posted this:

The BGP organization has provided the following schedules:

Corral Parking
Corral Parking Pass holders may park their cars in the Car Corral Paddock Thursday evening from 6--‐8 PM. Then these times will apply:

Friday, Saturday, Sunday Car Corral entrance 6 AM to 8 AM and noon to 1PM

Friday, Saturday, Sunday Car Corral exit – 6PM (or when track goes cold) to 11 PM

The Car Corral will close and be locked at 11 PM Cars will be permitted to remain in the paddock over night if they have the necessary credential and
sticker on their car to be allowed in the paddock the following day.

Car Corral Parade Laps
Car Corral Parade laps will be first thing Saturday morning 7am. Club members interested in participating should be in the lot as early as possible, lined up and ready to roll at 7am.

The Car Corral Paddock will open at 5AM

Changes and updated to above schedule see: Zone2.pca.org

Old 08-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Very cool.

Is the Saturday 7:00am parade lap open to all the car corrals? I have only seen bits and pieces mentioned but not sure who can participate. 'Members'?

Old 08-31-2011, 03:13 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I recieved the same email from PCA Zone 2 today...link to their site provides some valuable information, including directions and times for corral opening/closing.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:28 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Very cool.

Is the Saturday 7:00am parade lap open to all the car corrals? I have only seen bits and pieces mentioned but not sure who can participate. 'Members'?
All car corrals will participate; please make note that the corral entrance opens at 5am. With 600+ cars to get in the gates and parked by 7am...well you do the math.

I've instructed all the BMW corral folks to be in line at 5am, otherwise you may not make it in by 7am.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:34 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ if you leave your car in the corral over night on Fri though you should not have this problem right?

Old 08-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ if you leave your car in the corral over night on Fri though you should not have this problem right?
if you're staying close by and can walk to the corral by 7am Sat, you should be fine. those commuting, not so much

it's highly encouraged to drop your car off Thursday evening, 6p-8p and leave it there (as long as you have Fri parking). security will be sufficient since the ALMS paddock is right there; plus, there's paid security too.

car corral tents are up!!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Our package comes with 3 passes, one for each day....how does this work do we put the pass for the following day on the dash (or visable in the car somewhere) the night before., or if we drop off on Thurs or Fri put all 2 or 3 passes in there at the same time?

Old 08-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Our package comes with 3 passes, one for each day....how does this work do we put the pass for the following day on the dash (or visable in the car somewhere) the night before., or if we drop off on Thurs or Fri put all 2 or 3 passes in there at the same time?
Upon entering the corral lot, you car will get a sticker to correspond to what days your car can be there. I've instructed people that you should bring all 3 days of passes if you plan to leave it there.

Do NOT leave your passes in the car at any time; you'll need to wear/carry them around so you can get into your corral tent, access the paddock, grandstands, etc

Old 08-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Anyone have a ticket they want to sell for Friday? My friend got one from work but turns out it's just a general admission ticket.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by deckman
Anyone have a ticket they want to sell for Friday? My friend got one from work but turns out it's just a general admission ticket.
If I cannot get out of a work commitment - I may sell one of my passes, potentially Sunday, *maybe* Fri but I only have the Porsche corral deal so if he bought one from me he could opnly use it to park a Porsche in the appropriate corral...anyway email me and let me know... sunirghosal@hotmail.com

Old 08-31-2011, 05:07 PM
Old 08-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Just got off the phone with the Porsche Platz point of contact, there are still some details being worked out, this is a new event and so first time is always a learning experience...he did tell me though that Thursday night the corrals are open from 6pm and close at 8pm and there is not security or paid guards Thurs night...that starts Friday night and goes onto Sat night...

he also said that they are expecting massive early morning crowds on Sat morning like Paul said, and the line for the touring lap picks up at a certain point for all the corral cars so leaving your car overnight to get a spot in line may not work...there may be guys waiting in line for a couple of hours before you so make sure you have a full tank of gas prior...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baltimore GP parking GPS info?