GT-R and Skyline Cruise and BBQ - Take Two!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
If anything I'm skipping Maple Lawn and might head up to Frederick.. I guess we'll see. Man I hope things clear up a little bit..

Old 10-01-2011, 08:41 AM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kumaiki
The chance of rain appears to be increasing throughout the day. I'm headed to maple lawn right now and will make it out to frederick. Will depend on the weather how long I stay though.
I just missed you guys, SUCKS!!! I was hoping to tag along to Frederick with you all. One of the guys there said you all had just left as I was pulling in (face palm)...... Post some pics up of the event when you can, I love me some GT-RRrrrrrrrrrr

Old 10-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
Woo!

Originally Posted by 02black330ci
I just missed you guys, SUCKS!!! I was hoping to tag along to Frederick with you all. One of the guys there said you all had just left as I was pulling in (face palm)...... Post some pics up of the event when you can, I love me some GT-RRrrrrrrrrrr
oh damn dude I would have loved to see the M3 out. I was the only BMW around for the cruise but I don't mind. The folks were cool and cars looked clean as hell.

Fun run

Here's some pics!:
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q...hift%20Cruise/

Old 10-01-2011, 01:39 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mmalesic
oh damn dude I would have loved to see the M3 out. I was the only BMW around for the cruise but I don't mind. The folks were cool and cars looked clean as hell.

Fun run

Here's some pics!:
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q...hift%20Cruise/
Dang, we'll have to plan it out better next time, lol.... Thanks for the pictures, very nice turn out!!! Next time hopefully you won't have to represent solo

Old 10-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Cruisin'!

Hello all!

The cruise was fun and interesting. We ran across a couple closed down roads and detours and even a 10minute cruise down this dirt/gravel road that we weren't expecting.. but we survived hehe.

Here's a video I took of the Cruise - very cool bunch of guys.

This is an 8.5minute long video but I sped up parts so no one would fall asleep. Lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg2X1iEYt2s

It was raining so the camcorder was getting rain droplets on the lets.. I had 2 GoPro's on my car and my camcorder mounted on a headrest inside the car..

The front GoPro suffered a ton of rain so footage was very blurry

But I managed to find some cool clips to throw in there..
Man those GT-R's are nice...

Enjoy!

Old 10-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Kumaiki is infamous around these parts
Great video Matt!!

Was a pleasure meeting you also. We'll have to catch-up another time.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mmalesic
Hello all!

The cruise was fun and interesting. We ran across a couple closed down roads and detours and even a 10minute cruise down this dirt/gravel road that we weren't expecting.. but we survived hehe.

Here's a video I took of the Cruise - very cool bunch of guys.

This is an 8.5minute long video but I sped up parts so no one would fall asleep. Lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg2X1iEYt2s

It was raining so the camcorder was getting rain droplets on the lets.. I had 2 GoPro's on my car and my camcorder mounted on a headrest inside the car..

The front GoPro suffered a ton of rain so footage was very blurry

But I managed to find some cool clips to throw in there..
Man those GT-R's are nice...

Enjoy!
Looked like a fun time despite the weather....

Interesting video.....

Looked like you had the death grip on the steering wheel... Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-02-2011, 07:05 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Nice bid Matt. Wish I could have made it out with you, Kumaiki, gojira and the boys... Next time... Man that dirt roadbed have done a number on gojira front splitter !

Old 10-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah GoJira sits super low.. it's nuts. I think he eventually decided to head home because the terrain was a bit much for that car. I mean it's a show car so I don't blame him hehe.

Luckily my Rally M6 is excellent for offloading... Lol.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ my GT2 would have scrapped as well...or dug in the front splitter...and it's that low at stock/factory ride height and suspension (which are coilovers from the factory so I was able to adjust them slightly to within the most conservative hight to remain within factory GT2 spec and it's still super low! It's crazy this thing is only meant for flat and smooth fast roads lol...

bro I got a new phone, give me a call or text I don't have your number lost all my contacts from my old phone

Old 10-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Nice bid Matt. Wish I could have made it out with you, Kumaiki, gojira and the boys... Next time... Man that dirt roadbed have done a number on gojira front splitter !
Yeah, Gojira was following me and he made the decision to bail out on the cruise. We went over railroad tracks 4 different times and he said he scrapped all the way across every trip and then there were a few steep elevation changes at serveral intersections. It was too much for me not long after Gojira bailed. The other GTR that was following and I decided to end the cruise and head straight to the BBQ. Judging by your video we made the right decision since I tend to baby my car around town. That was only the third time the car has been out in the rain and the two prior instances I had no choice in the matter.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Kumaiki
Yeah, Gojira was following me and he made the decision to bail out on the cruise. We went over railroad tracks 4 different times and he said he scrapped all the way across every trip and then there were a few steep elevation changes at serveral intersections. It was too much for me not long after Gojira bailed. The other GTR that was following and I decided to end the cruise and head straight to the BBQ. Judging by your video we made the right decision since I tend to baby my car around town. That was only the third time the car has been out in the rain and the two prior instances I had no choice in the matter.
I think it's ok to drive in the rain, heck on the way to and from SPR I got better grip than I thought and was still moving at a good clip. even thru the back roads in the rain the grip levels were there. It's the uneven roads and the unpaved roads that would be the bad part due to bottoming out the car or sever scrapping...depends on how low each car is...Gojira and I have quite low cars, his is super low my GT2 is not too far behind in ride height.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 PM
987Box is infamous around these parts
Fairfax County has a undercover 2012 GTR cop car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY-AL...layer_embedded

Old 10-04-2011, 06:38 AM
^^^ Very interesting. Actually I'm speechless.

That's would be one hell of a cop car.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:14 PM
987Box is infamous around these parts
I know its been awhile since the drive but the video is finally done.

Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/gDvVXhx3pfE

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT-R and Skyline Cruise and BBQ - Take Two!!