Music Video Shoot, Tyson's Corner, Oct. 1st, 7:00pm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:10 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Music Video Shoot, Tyson's Corner, Oct. 1st, 7:00pm

I know there is already a bunch of car stuff to do this coming Sat. (Oct. 1st), but if you're looking for something a little different then you might want to do this. A local artist is shooting a music video at Iris Lounge in Tyson's Corner (see links below) Saturday night. They initially approached a Viper buddy of mine and he approached me, so they already have enough cars to work with, but I offered to get the word out to anyone who would be interested in having their car featured in the video. The cars should be there about 7:00pm, the actual shooting will begin around 8:00pm and take about an hour or so. We talked to the producer to get some clarity and the drivers won't be filmed if they don't want, no one else is expecting to drive the cars, and the shots are already established, so all in all, it should be a pretty smooth event. In addition, the Iris Lounge will be "hosting" the drivers although despite my best efforts, I couldn't get anything specifically confirmed. (i.e. if you want to hang out there during or after then I wouldn't necessarily expect free stuff). Of course I add the disclaimer that this is an experiment for me as well having no previous experience working with these guys. So if you're up for something a little different let me know. I'll be there with two other Viper buddies regardless, but obviously no pressure to attend. I have no idea what's going to happen. If you want to join up I'd be happy to meet earlier somewhere and cruise over.

Details:
Iris Lounge
8300 Tyco Road
McLean Va.

Artist:
http://www.vimeo.com/23414933

Old 09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
I'm a camera *****. I'll go. hehe.

-M

Old 09-30-2011, 12:09 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
LOL! This might be worth it just to see it...I might swing on by..

Old 09-30-2011, 01:09 PM
DoNDoN is infamous around these parts
Let me know if you need a car. I have nothing to do tomorrow night.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:33 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
There's a chance I may go also dunno yet tho, 7pm is kinda early would have to go to Bmore from the day's events (either GTR event or SPR) and shower up and drive all the way back to Tysons ... I'll call or text you Chris if I end up going to this...

Old 09-30-2011, 01:36 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir
There's a chance I may go also dunno yet tho, 7pm is kinda early would have to go to Bmore from the day's events (either GTR event or SPR) and shower up and drive all the way back to Tysons ... I'll call or text you Chris if I end up going to this...
We'll talk tomorrow Sunir - we can caravan down together if you want

Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Cool. Yeah, they'll be very happy to have some cars show up. I'm not quite sure what to expect, but it seemed harmless enough (I wouldn't mention it otherwise).

Old 10-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey gang, weather has been iffy all day, but I haven't heard from the contact to see if they are still moving forward with the shoot, so I'm going to pull the plug on it. Don't want people going out of their way to show up for something if it's not going to happen. I'll update the thread when the shoot is rescheduled. Thanks for your patience!