Bull Run #6 Reschedule; Sun. 10/16 Fun Run to Summit Point for KARTING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:58 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
I want to thank everyone that took part in the run. We had a great time and everyone did an excellent job of staying together. It was a VERY long route to do without a stop.

I had a blast karting and my arms are still aching. Can you imagine how much weight that others would have to put in their kart if I was in the league There were a couple of schmucks that must have been regulars that were bumping people, especially the guy in the bright orange shirt. He bumped me once then I went out of my way to block his path

I was 62.77 sec on my fastest lap. I really need to work on my power to weight ratio... I think that put me in 17th place, 3rd from last.

We have to do this again. It was WAY too much fun!!!

Last edited by bull30; 10-18-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:28 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
I'm always up for Karts! But next time I take the direct route so I'm not so damn tired! My arms and neck felt like Jell-O after only one session. Still...I managed to best my previous fast lap time by 2 seconds!

Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Here is a 9+ minute video showing segments of our drive on Sunday from outside of Frederick to Summit Point Motorsports Park for lunch and karting.

This is the first time I've mounted to GoPro on the engine cover, and I like the perspective. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i75K2W65RUc

Old 10-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Jake's Oy is infamous around these partsJake's Oy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mtmd11
This is the first time I've mounted to GoPro on the engine cover, and I like the perspective. What do you think?
Looks good and your engine sounds great. But the wind buffeting the camera mic is very distracting. I've heard of this complaint before so I was keen to it. I googled gopro wind noise and it comes up with more than a few topics on how to help deal with it; like fuzzy socks

This is a constructive criticism, not trying to give you a hard time or anything. Thanks for the vid

Old 10-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Jake's Oy is infamous around these partsJake's Oy is infamous around these parts
Old 10-18-2011, 08:14 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Hey Kevin nice vid buddy.... I didn't see all the harsh evelvation changes and ups/downs you and Juan and Mario were talking to me about in the parking lot...am I missing something or does the go pro location not capture that?

Looked like a really fun ride and route to me...nice work Bull...

Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Most of the roller coaster moments happened towards the last 1/3 of the drive.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:27 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Those parts of the run aren't included in this video. The ups and downs were pretty wild.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:44 PM
My 997 turbo weights like 3400 lbs and was getting air under some tires. Not all four, cuz I braked for everything blind.

One hill just after we had a minor group separation I went over a serious blind hill to find a 90 degree turn into 1.5 car bridge. I was fine but my gf had a serious zomg we are going to die moment I am pretty sure if I had taken my mini over that hill at that speed I would have put it into the wall D:

Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Yeah I got air 3-4 times, but like you not all four corners. That said, nothing ever felt close to the limit. That turn into the one lane bridge I had the advantage of Kevin's car to follow his braking points, although I think his car's limits exceed mine substantially.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
The blind hill with the 90 degree turn over the wooden deck bridge is one of my favorite challenges on that route. Shirley Road is my favorite, although you have to be very careful as you can get really airborne. This route was definitely an "A" route which I let everyone know up front. I divide my routes into "A", "B" and "C"... "A" routes are extremely challenging and not for the faint of heart as there will definitely be some "Oh ****" moments. There's a major difference between a Bull Run and the Drive & Dine Tours I put together.

Last edited by bull30; 10-19-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:50 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Having almost 120 minutes of footage, my video, at under 10 minutes, is around 8% of the whole drive. I did splice together some of the area with more hills or drops or jumps or elevation changes or whatever you want to call them. I call them ''wheeeeeee's''. My body shop guy calls them ''college tuition''.

Two seconds into the video you can hear a 'thud' as I bottom out on the right front bumper.

As with videos in general, neither the speed, terrain, nor exhilaration are done justice by my video camera, as great a little package as it is. As opposed to watching my car for signs of the terrain, watching the 996 (I think) behind me gives more of an idea.

My goal for future videos is to work on the sound. This time was particularly bad as the device was directly in the path of the air flowing over the car, and the open back was facing the wind.

I tried to find the "blind hill/drop leading into 90 degree turn with wall in front" but I couldn't find it. Anyone know about how long into the drive it was??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbdjlaMtUM

Last edited by mtmd11; 10-19-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I really enjoy watching the videos you post. For some reason those roads look familiar That blind hill with the 90 degree turn over the narrow wooden bridge (one of those OH **** moments) is about 2/3 into the run before where I pulled over in that church parking lot to gather all the troops.

Nice job Kevin... The noise really doesn't bother me at all...

Old 10-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Great vids! That's me behind you

Old 10-20-2011, 02:31 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ deckman bro looks like you may have caught a little air on that bull cruise...any moments to remmember?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bull Run #6 Reschedule; Sun. 10/16 Fun Run to Summit Point for KARTING