Amish Country Cruise PART TWO!!: October 23rd: Lancaster, PA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 03:15 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
Put me down for likely, Jim corvette C6. Thanks!
Jimbo - probably too early for you to see this, but if you want to cruise up with the NoVa group, head over to the Kohl's meeting spot (see the meetup website or the 6speed thread).

Old 10-23-2011, 03:31 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
haha! I was literally writing this same post....(I think it requires a bump) thanks Evan!!

Originally Posted by supercars17112
True true thanks Chris Ill get the stuff updated...

Everyone please read this:
There are many different ways to take part in the drives/cruises/runs going to and from this event so Ill clarify all the options and you are each welcome to pick which ever suits you best

The drives TO the Plain & Fancy Restuarant are as follows, for each location::

For those from anywhere West or South of Harrisburg/Lancaster (ex: MD/VA/DC/York, etc) YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS!

Your first option, and the most spirited drive would be to drive direct, no highways or pitstops. Ken 'Bull' has put together a back road route to leave from the
Bob Evans:
400 West Padonia Road
Timonium, MD 21093
at 11:00am sharp to cruise directly to the Plain & Fancy Restaurant to arrive at 1:00pm to meet the rest of the group.

Your second option is to cruise (highways) up with the group, staring at Car & Coffee which meets regularly on Sunday starting at 8:00am, in Fairlakes:
12551 Fair Lakes Circle, Fairfax, VA

All those who planned on meeting at Katie's Coffee House as the first stop for the Virginia cruise, you are still welcome to but are advised to meet at the Fairlakes location since there will be a Cars & Coffee event going on there anyways... the group will depart from Fairlakes around 9:45am (tenatively, so please be there by no later than 9:15am, just to be sure)
to head North to meet up with a seperate group gathering at Maple Lawn:
Sidamo Coffee House

8180 Maple Lawn Blvd, Fulton, MD

They will leave Sidamo by 10:30am, and will stop at the
Bob Evans:
400 West Padonia Road
Timonium, MD 21093
to meet another group of cars.

The group will leave from the Bob Evans by 11:15am and cruise up to the
Dunkin Donuts:
4342 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112-9532
*This is where I will be meeting up with everyone, and will have a group of locals there to join...

From the Dunkin Donuts, the group, which will be quite large, will leave by 12:15pm to cruise to Plain & Fancy Restaurant, to arrive by 1:00pm to meet with everyone!

For those in Central Pennsylvania (and all surrounding areas)

Meet up at
Dunkin Donuts:
4342 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112-9532
*This is where I will be meeting up with everyone, and will have a group of locals there to join...

From the Dunkin Donuts, the group, which will be quite large, will leave by 12:15pm to cruise to Plain & Fancy Restaurant, to arrive by 1:00pm to meet with everyone!

For all those cruising from East of Lancaster (ex: Philadelphia, NJ, DE, etc)

There is no official routes planned, although I know that there are groups cruising together that will each drive direct to the Plain & Fancy Restaurant for 1:00pm, to meet with everyone.

That said, I know there are, at the very least, 10 cars coming from the East, and although I personally wont be leading a cruise, if someone would like to set up a meeting point in say, West Chester, PA, I know there is a small group coming from there and that this location would be ideal for most.

Everyone has the option to drive their own route... basically you are all welcome to do your own thing! If you want to cruise by yourself, go for it, or just go the way you want, anything is fine! Just meet by 1:00pm at the Plain & Fancy Restaurant
3121 Old Philadelphia Pike # 1
Bird in Hand, PA 17505-9630

Lastly from the Plain & Fancy there is a short (5.9 mile, 6 minute) scenic drive to the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum! Taking into consideration the fact that alot of you will have driven a pretty good distance to get to the Plain & Fancy Restaurant, I wanted to give everyone the option, after lunch is over, to cruise on last (very short) drive, with the entire group, to the railroads at Strasburg and the PA Railroad Museum. I was there just the other day and it was a beautiful backdrop to park our cars (they have more than enough parking for all of us and trust me it is ideal for some amazing pics of our cars... overall this was something I found to be unique and is an option I wanted to make available to everyone. You can stay for 5 minutes or a few hours, its entirely up to you, but I strongly suggest that everyone join in.

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK!
THANKS EVERYONE, THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD TIME FOR ALL!

Evan Ross
speedy3038@ aol dot com
717 514 8615

Old 10-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Kumaiki is infamous around these parts
This message is a little late but be watchful when you're in Timonium/Hunt Valley (Bob Evans) today. There's a Breast Cancer walk this morning. Should be ending as we're arriving but be on the lookout for walkers/runner/cops.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Evan, Thank you for organizing another successful event. The number of cars that attended and variety was fantastic. Great cars and great company always equals a great time.

Cheers

Below are some photos I took. Still getting used to my new camera phone. (excuse)

Last edited by Kumaiki; 10-23-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:54 PM
i like rice is infamous around these parts
It'll be a few days before I have my photos up

Just a preview... hahaha

Old 10-23-2011, 03:58 PM
^^ewwwwwww

Old 10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Awesome time as usual. It was a great drive there and back. My memorable quotes of the day...

'What's a Sunir"
"Amish Kim chi"

Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 PM
spdracer35 is infamous around these parts
Thanks Evan

Had a great time today. A ton of amazing cars. Great group of people. Anyone who ever wants to meet up in the Chester County, PA area, let me know. Hope to see you all again.

-Chris (white Elise)

Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 PM
GokartMozart315 is a splendid one to beholdGokartMozart315 is a splendid one to beholdGokartMozart315 is a splendid one to beholdGokartMozart315 is a splendid one to beholdGokartMozart315 is a splendid one to beholdGokartMozart315 is a splendid one to beholdGokartMozart315 is a splendid one to behold
great time today, looking forward to upcoming runs. was cruising with the group after plain and fancy and missed a turnoff, was everyone headed back home, to the museum, backroads, or what? couldn't tell

Old 10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
Took around 75 pictures... I'll try to get them up in the next day or so!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:51 PM
bimmer32five is infamous around these parts
Looked like a great time...bummed I missed it.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
i like rice is infamous around these parts
Just a handful of snap shots I took
Click here for the gallery

also on Facebook, click here

Old 10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Hey all, great drive and a really fun day.
I put up a post in this thread, with some picks and links.
Amish Cruise Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:01 AM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
Here's some pics I took with the Camcorder - nothing creative but you get the idea hehe:

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q...view=slideshow

-Matt (Dinan M6)

Old 10-24-2011, 08:19 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
here's a link to my pics from the day!

http://photobucket.com/amishcruiseoct23

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Amish Country Cruise PART TWO!!: October 23rd: Lancaster, PA