takoma park, md porsche owner critically stabbed......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Alright guys as been said before the area is not that bad...Langley Park even not that bad, one of my fav Indian Restaurants is down there...plus we used to hit up Tic Tok liquer back in the day no problem and they had a drive thru for late night haha!

Seriously Langley Park is down the street from this gas station, which is closer to NW park, which is slightly more hood but even that is ok. Heck Seventh day Adventist Hospital is down the road and so is the summer camp I went to as a kid... this is not a war zone, I least not that I remember growing up although 2 guys I knew in HS were killed around there ...again isolated incidents.

The VA guys are talking like they have no issues in VA...it's just as bad in places, heck even worse in some cases...if you need proof just look at your nightly news. Yes I do like the CWP in VA that's for sure...having gone to Virginia Tech For BSEE undergrad and living in Tysons for several years I appreciate that...but that still doesn't change the fact that VA law enforcement is still much harsher on car enthusiasts and car related violations. There are good and bad stuff about VA just as there is about MD.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Sounds like a crackhead strung out. Especially fleeing then fighting the PoPo.

Sometimes carrying won't help if you don't have time to react. I would love to carry but the wife and daughter are very against it so I never went for it.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
Alright guys as been said before the area is not that bad...Langley Park even not that bad, one of my fav Indian Restaurants is down there...plus we used to hit up Tic Tok liquer back in the day no problem and they had a drive thru for late night haha!
Tic-Tock wasn't a problem because they are (were) a money train for corrupt cops and county officials. Why do you think TT always had an on-duty police officer inside the store and one in the cruiser outside.

The word was out on the street - screw around in/or near Tic-Tock and draw attention to it or do anything that could jeopardize its operation, you do not end up not going to Hyattsville jail. More like beat down in the back of a cop car and dumped in a ditch.

How do I know this .. because I lived in an seedy part of West Hyattsville for 5 years while I was attending UMCP (All I could afford) and let's say that some of my neighbors were not of the highest moral character or exactly law abiding at all times.

http://hyattsville.patch.com/article...-johnson-probe
....Delabrer and Kim were charged with conspiracy to interfere with commerce with extortion, along with defendants Tick Tock Liquor Store owners Amrik Singh Melhi, 51, of Clarksville and his wife, Ravinder Kaur, 49, also of Clarksville, Amir Milijkovic, 39, of Bowie, who owns an auto glass store in College Park, Chun Chen, 34, of Bowie, and Joe Moreno, 49, of Alexandria, Va.

The charges state that allegedly Melhi and others would pay police officers, so that they could use them for safe transport and distribution of untaxed cigarettes and alcohol in Maryland and Virginia.

The defendants in the extortion conspiracy case could a face a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted.

They must also forfeit $3.5 million, 25 properties, 13 vehicles and 84 bank accounts believed to be proceeds of crime or used to facilitate crimes.

Last edited by Heist; 12-12-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ wholy crap never knew that! But see there ya go Langley Park is pretty safe afterall...

Old 12-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vr4henry
I was interested in that, til I read all the HR822 subprovisions for local LE to be able to verify if you have a CWP in your state of choice.... = National Biometric database of CWP holders. No thanks.
I don't necessarily see a problem with this. If you want a handgun permit, in most all states you have to provide finger prints and clear a background check if you are buying from a store.

And there's still no requirement for prints or checks for rifles and shottys.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:34 PM
^^^ wholy crap never knew that! But see there ya go Langley Park is pretty safe afterall...
Oh yeah man, it was complete sweep by the FBI last year. As a matter of fact the outgoing Country Executive, Jack Johnson, was just sentenced to 7 years in Federal Prison last week and his wife Council Member, Leslie just received 12 months Federal time

U.S. District Judge Peter J. Messitte sentenced Prince George’s County Councilwoman Leslie Johnson, age 60, of Mitchellville, Maryland, to a year and a day in prison followed by two years of supervised release for conspiring to commit witness and evidence tampering in order to obstruct a federal corruption investigation. In addition, Judge Messitte ordered Leslie Johnson to perform 240 hours of community service and pay a $15,000 fine. Finally, Judge Messite entered an order requiring Johnson to forfeit $79,600, the amount of cash recovered from Johnson at the time of her arrest.

Last edited by Heist; 12-12-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:39 PM
^^^ man PG is just looking worse and worse... corruption & crime...

Old 12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
It's not just there... It's everywhere, they're just the ones that get caught.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
PG has always been the worst. 2nd highest taxes in the state, yet, constant corruption (before this, they indicted the School Super for a contract kickback scheme), 2nd worst school performance in the state, 2nd highest crime rate, and the police force was under Dept of Justice supervision for a number of years due to abuse and use of undue force.

I was sold a bill of goods when I moved down here. Outside of Maryland, it was called the middle class "African American" paradise due to relatively upscale housing, its much higher than average AA Median Household incomes, plentiful jobs, and number of AA professionals.

Within 2 years I figured out it was nothing more a bunch of new money ghetto fabulousness. I clicked up my heels and smiled the day I made enough to comfortably find residence in another county.

PG could be so much more - a legitimate counter part of Montgomery County (just without Potomac, which truth be told, provides 80% of the property tax revenue for the entire County and 40% of the ENTIRE STATE OF MARYLAND's property tax revenue) or take on Howard County.

Last edited by Heist; 12-12-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:22 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
I know this is pretty far off the topic of autos so all please excuse my digressions..... but let me make sure I have this straight, you're saying that the area known as "Potomac" generates 40% of the property tax revenues that roll up to the MD state level (all-CAPs emphasis withstanding)?

Now I know that different counties in MD and city of Balt. are classified differently at state level as far as ability and discretion to tax real property and what amount rolls up to state vs. stays in county or charter or municipality or whatever.... but however it rolls up you mean ALL ALL property tax revenue at state level?? Meaning prop. taxes from all the commercial and residential property in the whole state?

Even if you're just talking residential property you mean ALL ALL as in all the hi dollar houses in Bethesda and Balt. (Roland Park & Ritz Carlton condos & and all the 7-figure town homes all over the marinas in Canton come to mind), Annapolis, all the swanky waterfront properties all over the
Eastern shore / St. Michaels / all the riverfront homes on Magothy and around Solomons etc...... Ocean City!! ..... big fat spreads out in the country all around Frederick & Harford County..... McMansions all over western Howard Co.????

If that is actually a truth being told - even just residential b/c I KNOW it is a total impossibilty from planet Mars if including commercial property - I'd be amazed. So amazed I'm pretty much willing to bet... I do like to gamble. Where do you get that factoid from?

Old 12-13-2011, 01:09 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
: popcorn :

Old 12-13-2011, 06:28 AM
bimmer32five is infamous around these parts
^^^ man PG is just looking worse and worse... corruption & crime...
IMO, PG has never looked good.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by airbrush1
: popcorn :
LOL. No popcorn... I'm just saying there are soooo many areas in MD with lots of high $ houses and there are so many areas with dense population of just "normal people", i.e. Anne Arundle, PG and Balt. co.s are HUGE.... even if you took the residential rental properties out and classified them as commercial property and just counted occupier-owned residential real estate, and even given whatever amt.-actually-rolling-up-to-state level parameters, there is no way Potomac accounts for 40% of MD state real property tax rev.s.

And.... while I'm actually wasting time thinking about and debating this silly topic.... given assertions that Potomac is 80% of Mo. Co. real prop. tax rev. and 40% of MD state real prop. tax rev. I think the relational math would say Mo. Co. accounts for 50% of MD state real prop tax rev (.8xMo.Co. = .4xMDState.... ----> 2xMo.Co. = MDState ----> Mo.Co. = .5xMD State).... and I don't believe that either, with or without commercial property included.

I didn't try researching this or anything and I could be wrong - i've been wrong at least a couple times before - but I travel around a lot in MD and for some of my bus. activities I know a lot of high-net-worth people with high $ real estate.... and unless there is some really bizarre type of accounting or tax classification type of anamolous reason there is no way Potomac accounts for 40% of MD's real prop. tax rev.s no matter how you slice it.

But Heist seems pretty surefooted with the statistical nuggets with the all-CAPS emphasis etc. and seems to have a lot of inside line info. so I just want to hear how this could be.... and if it is I will eat crow and shut up. LOL

Old 12-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Never said it was perfect here, but at least I can protect myself.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
I know this is pretty far off the topic of autos so all please excuse my digressions..... but let me make sure I have this straight, you're saying that the area known as "Potomac" generates 40% of the property tax revenues that roll up to the MD state level (all-CAPs emphasis withstanding)?

Now I know that different counties in MD and city of Balt. are classified differently at state level as far as ability and discretion to tax real property and what amount rolls up to state vs. stays in county or charter or municipality or whatever.... but however it rolls up you mean ALL ALL property tax revenue at state level?? Meaning prop. taxes from all the commercial and residential property in the whole state?

Even if you're just talking residential property you mean ALL ALL as in all the hi dollar houses in Bethesda and Balt. (Roland Park & Ritz Carlton condos & and all the 7-figure town homes all over the marinas in Canton come to mind), Annapolis, all the swanky waterfront properties all over the
Eastern shore / St. Michaels / all the riverfront homes on Magothy and around Solomons etc...... Ocean City!! ..... big fat spreads out in the country all around Frederick & Harford County..... McMansions all over western Howard Co.????

If that is actually a truth being told - even just residential b/c I KNOW it is a total impossibilty from planet Mars if including commercial property - I'd be amazed. So amazed I'm pretty much willing to bet... I do like to gamble. Where do you get that factoid from?
I'm only talking about residential. Potomac has very small component of commercial - (there aren't many apartments for the purposes of this discussion aparts. are comm.) and not nearly the level of retail and the like in Potomac/North Potomac as compared to CC, Bethesda, Rockville, GBurg, or Frederick.

So when it comes to property tax collected out of Potomac, the taxes are overwhelmingly residential.

Next to Greenwich, Conn <cough> Hedgefund land cough <cough>, Potomac has the 2nd highest household per capita income in the United States with a pop size between 50K-100K if memory serves, and as such the house and land prices are some of the highest in the region. Especially if you have any frontage to the river.

Potomac's prices are also high because unlike Baltimore (Roland park is what, 10 blocks square. Canton & North and West of Fells Pt. is all new mixed Commercial Residential) - Howard County - St. Michaels - & Annapolis (surprisingly affordable btw), it has very convenient proximity to DC and NoVA which is a boon to high ranking Federal workers, High powered lawyers/lobbylist/political power movers, Diplomats (Take a ride down Iron Gate Drive on day and count all the foreign flags and Diplo plates), New Money Millionaires (There are some personal income tax advantages in MD vs. NoVA), and of course the Old Blue Blood Money, etc.

Be mindful that property taxes are calculated and assessed based on:
+ The value of the physical land (Location, location, location)
+ The value of home
+ the value of improvements and adjustments.

and that's why Potomac is the residential tax cash cow it is for the County and State.

My facts, culled from my experience:
- ~10 years in real estate investing.
- 8 years as President of two condominiums
- Friends with the co-owner of one of the largest private residential property management companies in the DMV (Abaris).
- A few acquaintances who live in Potomac and North Potomac and have openly discussed their property tax bills.

But do not take my word for it: http://www.dat.state.md.us/sdatweb/taxrate.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: takoma park, md porsche owner critically stabbed......