2012 Track Events planning, Who is in?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:03 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
2012 Track Events planning, Who is in?

My buddy and I are planning our events early this year and wanted to see who wants to join the fun with us this year? following are the dates we are considering.

June 9-10 @ VIR with Trackdaze
July 20-22 @ SP with PCA
Aug 31-Sept 2 @ VIR with PCA

let me know if any of you are interested? the registration will open about month in advance for listed dates so will have to jump on it right away once open.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:25 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
You missed the March VIR event with Aone 2 PCA...this is a big one, it's a must go for sure!! Also in the first week of June there is a VIR event called Marque Madness (MB, Audi and BMW)...it too is a great "must go" event...

see ya on track

Old 01-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by sunir
You missed the March VIR event with Aone 2 PCA...this is a big one, it's a must go for sure!! Also in the first week of June there is a VIR event called Marque Madness (MB, Audi and BMW)...it too is a great "must go" event...

see ya on track
Sunir what is Aone 2 PCA? I am little concerned about March event due to high rain/snow chances.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Sorry meant Zone 2 PCA - it's a grouping of PCA chapters, there are I think 8 Zones across the country each representing a region with those corresponding chapters making up that Zone...

Do not be concerned about March, the months March and April are the BEST times to be on track, September and October are awesome also, nice temps good track surface temps, air is still great for cool air charge... I've been to this event the last 4 years and not a drop of rain. it will be one of the best events you go to all year trust me, it's a 3 day event.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:04 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
I agree with the Zone 2 PCA event. I attended a couple of years ago and had a great time. Saw a lot of interesting rides and got to meet some fellow 6speeders. I'm going to try and make this years event.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
DelVal BMWCCA on SP Jefferson April 21-22 and on SP Main April 23.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:00 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I think I'm going to take the plunge this year at some point

Old 01-05-2012, 08:15 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir

see ya on track
Is Marque Madness on again this year? Havent heard anything official

Old 01-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Paul yeah man it should be on... It's a superb event rafael garces does a phenomenal job as chief of this event and it's just a wonderful event each year ... I've been instructing at this event since 2006 when they first started it!

This event and zone 2 at vir are MUST DO events in my book...

Old 01-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Sunir, are you talking about the event in March 16-18th listed on this site below?
http://pcazone2.intuitwebsites.com/D...Education.html

Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 AM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Wow, the 3 day event looks fantastic.

How's a set of street tires typical hold up at one of these Sunir???

Old 01-06-2012, 12:56 PM
^^^ yes that's the one - it's a 3 day event, with a social on Fri night and a full banquet Sat night...it's one of the BEST events of the year. You have to come out and enjoy!

Henry street tires are fine, no worries.

Everyone, the only thing you wanna get is a car tech inspection and normal stuff, brake pads, tires, brake fluid all in good shape. You're there to learn and have fun not set qualifying laps. VIR is an amazing pro level circuit with the facilities to match, it's one of the best circuits in our country and hosts many proffesional series.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Sunir,
So once the date is open for registration I'll have to go through MotorsportReg.com site to register for this event? Sorry I am asking u all these questions, I could ask Alban Manny via email but thought you might be faster I think my buddy and I will be signing up for this event.
This will be my first event at VIR, where do most people stay? Are you going to be there?

Old 01-06-2012, 02:05 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by simtiaz
Sunir,
So once the date is open for registration I'll have to go through MotorsportReg.com site to register for this event? Sorry I am asking u all these questions, I could ask Alban Manny via email but thought you might be faster I think my buddy and I will be signing up for this event.
This will be my first event at VIR, where do most people stay? Are you going to be there?
^^^^
What he said!

Old 01-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Guys I will Def be there I've instructed at theis event for like 5 years now lol ! You will love this event and VIR both are incredible. I ussually stay at the track they have the paddock suites over pit in on the front straightaway and then they have the lodge suites and then they have the villas overlooking the climbing esses. If I don't stay at the track then I ussually stay at Best Western which is like 8 miles away. We'll iron out details later maybe a few of us can split a villa or something...

if you've been to SPR (don't get me wrong SPR is home and I love it) after you run VIR you will not want to go back to SPR...I've logged thousand+ laps at each and I can tell you both actual racing and DE/driving at VIR is at a whole 'nother level!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Track Events planning, Who is in?