2012 C & C - Fair Lakes, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Fair Lakes, 11/18/12 - Part 3

More from today.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 11-25-2012, 11:12 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Fair Lakes, 11/25/12

A very cold morning, but still a good showing today...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Fair Lakes, 11/25/12 - Part 2

More from today...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Fair Lakes, 11/25/12 - Part 3

...and still more from today...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 12-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Charlie64 is infamous around these parts
Fiero GT widebody

Originally Posted by sunir
What is that yellow car...looks to be a Ferrari kitted from a Fierro, no?
Actually it's a widebody kit from V8Archie. He developed this kit a few years back after ISMA stopped making a widebody for the Fiero. Keeps the appearance of the stock GT, but widens the front 1" per side and the rear 3" per side. Besides...it keeps people guessing what it is. The center caps were painted to match the car with the Fiero logo in the center. As far as the build...took about 7 months to get it like this. Started it's life with me in stock mode 10 years ago. Did the 1st 3800SC swap back in 2004 using a Series II engine in stock configuration. Had my friend in NJ do extensive mods for me last year (took him all of a week) and he was able to add 160WHP over 200 WHP stock configuration. This year we decided on more extensive mods, but unfortunately the Series II motor was unable to support the mods so he found me a Series III motor and was able to build that one up to where we are now. This also required an upgraded drivetrain...a F40 6 speed that was also cryo treated to support the engine mods. A tremendous improvement over last year's mods and definitely fun to drive. The only stock items on the car now are the frame, glass, and steering rack. Everything else was replaced with highly modified components. I am thinking of "gutting" the blower, adding a block off plate, and going with a turbo for my power adder so I can get to the 600whp mark since we have gone as far as we can with the GEN V M90 blower. Otherwise my next upgrade will be an Edelbrock supercharged LS7 swap. I have a friend in NY with that setup and the same drivetrain I'm using so I know it will be able to handle the power.

Last edited by Charlie64; 12-02-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Fair Lakes, 12/02/12

A little smaller turnout today, probably due to cold temperature and fog. Still, an interesting collection of cars.

Dino brought a Motion Mako Shark.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 12-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Fair Lakes, 12/02/12 - Part 2

More from today. Charlie had his Fiero there. 4 Ferraris in attendance.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 12-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Fair Lakes, 12/02/12 - Part 3

...and more from today...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 12-03-2012, 06:54 AM
kalanis is infamous around these parts

Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
WELL DONE. Great development and I'll bet the car is a riot to drive. good luck with the next set of mods.

Originally Posted by Charlie64
Actually it's a widebody kit from V8Archie. He developed this kit a few years back after ISMA stopped making a widebody for the Fiero. Keeps the appearance of the stock GT, but widens the front 1" per side and the rear 3" per side. Besides...it keeps people guessing what it is. The center caps were painted to match the car with the Fiero logo in the center. As far as the build...took about 7 months to get it like this. Started it's life with me in stock mode 10 years ago. Did the 1st 3800SC swap back in 2004 using a Series II engine in stock configuration. Had my friend in NJ do extensive mods for me last year (took him all of a week) and he was able to add 160WHP over 200 WHP stock configuration. This year we decided on more extensive mods, but unfortunately the Series II motor was unable to support the mods so he found me a Series III motor and was able to build that one up to where we are now. This also required an upgraded drivetrain...a F40 6 speed that was also cryo treated to support the engine mods. A tremendous improvement over last year's mods and definitely fun to drive. The only stock items on the car now are the frame, glass, and steering rack. Everything else was replaced with highly modified components. I am thinking of "gutting" the blower, adding a block off plate, and going with a turbo for my power adder so I can get to the 600whp mark since we have gone as far as we can with the GEN V M90 blower. Otherwise my next upgrade will be an Edelbrock supercharged LS7 swap. I have a friend in NY with that setup and the same drivetrain I'm using so I know it will be able to handle the power.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:55 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the write up. Can't wait to see where you go from here.

Originally Posted by Charlie64

Old 12-07-2012, 02:06 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
The BRZ is probably one of the BEST looking cars I've seen in a long time. Subaru knocked one out of the park with that car!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:33 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir
The BRZ is probably one of the BEST looking cars I've seen in a long time. Subaru knocked one out of the park with that car!
sunir, do you mean the FRS scion? I do agree it looks pretty damn good, my body has one that he uses for time attacks and is developing a plug and play ECU for. Then Turbo charging that thing as 200 is the only issue with it.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ yeah I think so ...there's a BRZ, a FRS, and Toyota makes something that looks the same too...these cars confuse me but they look really great, I dunno which is which half the time I lump them together

Old 12-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rcollum

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C & C - Fair Lakes, VA