2012 C & C - Fair Lakes, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:26 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Fair Lakes, 02/26/12 - Part 2

More from today...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 02-27-2012, 05:59 AM
G ZILLA is infamous around these parts
Great meeting everyone, I guess this was my first meet as a 6speeder. Im excited about the caliber of cars and people. I guess im getting old and dont like stupidy, especially when I have my 2 little boys around.

Everyone was nice, welcoming, and asked questions about me, not necessarily my car. lol. Which is a nice change.

I hope the cruise went well. maybe ill join one of those this year. I have a few pics also. Ill have to download and upload soon.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:05 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by G ZILLA
Great meeting everyone, I guess this was my first meet as a 6speeder. Im excited about the caliber of cars and people. I guess im getting old and dont like stupidy, especially when I have my 2 little boys around.

Everyone was nice, welcoming, and asked questions about me, not necessarily my car. lol. Which is a nice change.

I hope the cruise went well. maybe ill join one of those this year. I have a few pics also. Ill have to download and upload soon.
Your car looked awesome dude. Obviously we left early for the cruise, but I look forward to meeting you next time. Where did you get the work done on your G?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:38 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Originally Posted by G ZILLA

Here are some pictures of you, your car, and your sons. Glad you had a good time - it is a nice bunch of people.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images    
Old 02-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Akessler is infamous around these parts
It was great meeting every one yesterday @ C & C and on the drive up to PA. Hope to make it out to many more meets!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by chrcowan
Your car looked awesome dude. Obviously we left early for the cruise, but I look forward to meeting you next time. Where did you get the work done on your G?
For sure! Thanks for the pics, I look like a politician (full of crap) lol

I did most of the work myself (F-111, F-15) crew chief so im pretty handy with a wrench to say the least. But now with the boys its time or money. Id rather write a check to Hills Garage in Baltimore and play hotwheels with my sons on the week nights/ends now a days.

But at 23psi I eat belts like candy so I keep about 4 in the trunk at all times. The Centrigula bracket actually flexes throwing the pullys offline :-) its still a work in progress.

I have some pretty cool pic angles that Ill post up tonight of the meeting on Sunday!

I did 99% of this (below picture running 411RWHP )with my own hands (besides tuning) this is the same car minus the last 12 months of which its been in th shop getting painted (yes 9 months of repainting repaint and its still not even 99% right IMO) URGH!

Justin from Redline Designs cut the graphics but two weeks and about a case of budlights and a heat gun we got it to this level.

sorry to get off topic, just want you all to know who I am since im so new. I tracked the car in this condition but 5 cars on Springfield parkway decided they wanted me to change up my paint scheme Monday Nov 1 2010.

ill start an intro thread of my car and build over the years.

Last edited by G ZILLA; 02-27-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ wait so is the car pictured above the same car as your ISF blue car? I'm confused ... you built 99% of the car pictured above, tracked it, drove it...then got into a 5 car pile up on springfield parkway casuing you to change your paint scheme to the (now) ISF blue?

This is a fascinating story! what happens next???

Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ wait so is the car pictured above the same car as your ISF blue car? I'm confused ... you built 99% of the car pictured above, tracked it, drove it...then got into a 5 car pile up on springfield parkway casuing you to change your paint scheme to the (now) ISF blue?

This is a fascinating story! what happens next???
man this car. 4th motor, 8th set of wheels, 4th or 5th exhaust set up, now meth/belt issues. My wife is soooo over it! but its an addiction for sure.

next? Finish the frame off 1978 CJ5 383 build!
then, the wife wants an R8 GT, I want a CTS-V Sedan!

Next for the G? after I widen the 19x10 to 12s run 345s on the rear. Then I am going to add two small baby rear mount turbos to compliment the blower under the hood. Tri-Charged FTW! why? why not? lol

ill do something to be different vs, the norm or what might look or sound best. Im just built that way. Hence the blower vs the 10,000 twin turbo Z and Gz in the DC area. Its not 800rwhp but its more than enough for the street.

I cant lie, I cried like a baby after I left the accident... why you ask? The core support was broke and I didnt see it, the hood flew up, broke the windshield, dented the roof, cracked the sunroof, this was like 2 hours after the accident driving home. One lady flipped over, so I stayed on the scene until all was clear, police report etc. Then it started to rain. What a night. Never made it to the Monday night Kingstowne meet, now the Hardtimes meet. Which I will be there tonight with no blower belt. Lost it playing with a G37...

exhale..lol

Last edited by G ZILLA; 02-28-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:11 PM
pics!

LINK TO ALBUM

Last edited by G ZILLA; 02-28-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Fair Lakes, 03/04/12

Clear, cool and windy today, but a big turnout...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 03-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Fair Lakes, 03/04/12 - Part 2

More from today...

Attached Images      
Old 03-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Lt. Dan is infamous around these parts
Some cool stuff out there today... My pick is the Motion Corvette!

Old 03-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Fair Lakes, 03/11/12

A big turnout, with special mention going out to the numerous British cars that made it out today! Thanks to Bob W. for putting out the word.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 03-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Fair Lakes, 03/11/12 - Part 2

It wasn't all British - more interesting vehicles from today.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Fair Lakes, 03/11/12 - Part 3

Of course, the 'regulars' make this event great.
Jay & Chris represented the Nissan/Infiniti marques.
Bob W. braved the cold in his open L/J.
The Corvettes always show up in force, as do the Mopar folks.
A variety of Porsches spice up the mix.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C & C - Fair Lakes, VA