2012 C & C - Fair Lakes, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ I am looking forward to that event Britain on the Green, thanks for the reminder Bob hopefully there will be a few AMs there.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:57 PM
kalanis is infamous around these parts
That GTR an that SuperSnake were money. Good day for the cold cloudy.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:28 PM
ssong is infamous around these parts
Great showing of cars!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Shop GTR is infamous around these parts
Great meeting everyone this morning. We moved to the area, from Alexandria, a few months ago, so I hope to make it to these and other local events as much as possible.

Thanks,
Cory

Old 03-18-2012, 05:15 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Welcome!

Originally Posted by Shop GTR
Great meeting everyone this morning. We moved to the area, from Alexandria, a few months ago, so I hope to make it to these and other local events as much as possible.

Thanks,
Cory
Good to meet you today, Cory! Hope to see you at the various events.

--Bob Collum

Old 03-18-2012, 05:18 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Shop GTR

Thanks,
Cory
Welcome Cory!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Lowcash is infamous around these parts

Crossed over into 100k this morning!

Bought it with 28k. Averaged 8k miles per year of ownership. The only major work done has been:
Transmission rebuild at 40k (under warranty)
Oil pressure sender relocation at 55k
New starter at 85k

Last edited by Lowcash; 03-18-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
R33 gtr!

Old 03-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lowcash

Crossed over into 100k this morning!

Bought it with 28k. Averaged 8k miles per year of ownership. The only major work done has been:
Transmission rebuild at 40k (under warranty)
Oil pressure sender relocation at 55k
New starter at 85k
Congrats my friend!!

Old 03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Lt. Dan is infamous around these parts
Really great turnout yesterday!!!

Seems like the "squirrels" are getting a little more nutty... I really wish people would save the engine revving and high-speed exits for further down the road... Don't need to draw any more attention than we already do...

Old 03-19-2012, 06:20 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rcollum
Lionel, with the Capital Triumph Register, handed out flyers to remind British car owners about Britain On The Green, a great British car show in Alexandria, VA, held this year on Sunday, April 29th. Last week, he had his TR6 - this week, he drove his TR7. Here a link to show info -

http://www.capitaltriumphregister.co...2/BOG_2012.htm

--Bob Collum
Bob are you going to Britian on the Green? I am going to register the DB9. If you are in, maybe we can get a group together to meet up and drive over there?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:45 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
Bob are you going to Britian on the Green? I am going to register the DB9. If you are in, maybe we can get a group together to meet up and drive over there?
Sunir:

I plan to go, but may have company in town, so I doubt I'll be able to meet up beforehand. I look forward to seeing that great DB9 again!

Bob Collum

Last edited by rcollum; 03-20-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 AM
RSR Guy has a spectacular aura aboutRSR Guy has a spectacular aura about
Hey all! We are very excited that this venue has caught on and what used to be a quiet 20 +/- car even has grown to over 100 cars and sometimes goes on until noon!

We all need to be reminded that we can only have this event as long as Kohl's, Starbucks, Dick's, and the Condo's at the end of the lot tolerate us and our use of their parking lot. When we started this over a year ago, we all agreed to the following "guidelines":

1. Spend $$ at these retailers and let them know you are with the cars and coffee meet - they are less likely to ask us to leave if they benefit financially from our presence!!
2. Be courteous to the non-car folks in the lot - if they complain, we will likely lose the lot
3. Please do not rev loud engines - yes it is cool and it sounds great but we are the only ones who appreciate it! Remember that there are condo's at the end of the lot by Dick's. Too many noise complaints and we will have to find a new place.
3. When you arrive and leave, please do not drive down the road directly in front of the stores. Enter and exit using the road adjacent to Starbucks. That minimizes the impact of our presence on everyone shopping at the center and keeps our loud cars away from the Condos.
4. Finally, and most importantly, no burnouts, tire squealing, or drag race starts when you turn onto Fair Lakes Circle. We all love to do it (myself included) but that is the fastest way to have the police become part of our meet.

If we all embrace these guidelines, we can continue to meet and enjoy this great opportunity to hang out with fellow car-guys. Please show everyone who uses this lot respect and understand that not eveyone is as warped as we are!!

Thanks very much and see you Sunday!

bob

Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Cowan we should get you to write the word "Kohls" with tire marks on the parking lot ...like clarkson did on top gear when testing the viper using it to write "Viper" on the tarmac!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Cowan we should get you to write the word "Kohls" with tire marks on the parking lot ...like clarkson did on top gear when testing the viper using it to write "Viper" on the tarmac!!!
I'm sure they would love that. Point of order though......does anyone actually know who the landlord is of that parking lot? I'd like to send him a cake.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C & C - Fair Lakes, VA