Thinking about planning a models & cars photoshoot day...need feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Do it or us? LOL!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Spoke to the receptionist at At Speed today since Bob Miller was busy. She sounded very enthusiastic about it and recommended I send an e-mail to Bob. I just sent him an e-mail...so now I sit and wait...

Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM
bb1314 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tonk
So a coworker of mine and I came up with an idea, and I want some suggestions for how to make it work. My coworker is a really good portraiture photographer and works with a lot of models. I was thinking about organizing a full blown photoshoot day with a number of models and cars, maybe about 10 models and 20 cars.

"But Tonk, how is this different than any other car wash/model event that has been done before?"

The difference between this and other events is that this will be professionally organized and will be well laid out. It will not be rushed like some of the other events have been, and it will be classy yet sexy at the same time.

We would need it to be in a spot that is large enough to host this type of event. Something like At Speed's shop, for example. That way we could have multiple photographers taking pictures of models and cars. Then after the event, the photographers can all submit/post their photos for everyone to see. The owners of the cars can contact the photographers for high-resolution pictures if they want, and can even get them printed, etc.

Ideally, nobody would have to pay for anything. The shop is being promoted and can offer coupons/service deals if they want. The models are getting exposure to build their portfolio. The car owners are getting awesome photos of their cars taken for free. Then after the event, we could all go out for food somewhere and we could all throw in a few extra dollars to treat the models for dinner.

In terms of timing, I was thinking about doing it in the late spring/early summer so it's not too hot but not too cool either. At this time it's all up in the air so I'd love to get some feedback.

THOUGHTS???
Hey there! I actually helped a few car clubs organizing photo shoots for their merchandises before. If you do it anytime after mid May I'm definitely down to help out! I do have a few model connects that are already down to do some shoots for me. I also have some very different concepts. If you want, hit me up in 2 months and we will collaborate!

This is a shoot that I organized for National G Club / National Z Club for their calender back in 2009. The theme was to make a calender that members can actually put in their office at work.

The rest are here...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...al%20Pictures/

Old 03-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bb1314
Hey there! I actually helped a few car clubs organizing photo shoots for their merchandises before. If you do it anytime after mid May I'm definitely down to help out! I do have a few model connects that are already down to do some shoots for me. I also have some very different concepts. If you want, hit me up in 2 months and we will collaborate!
That sounds great. May works perfectly. Not too hot, not too cold. I'll hit you up when the time gets closer.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM
unreasonable is infamous around these parts
I need to check in here more often.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM
bimmer32five is infamous around these parts
hot chicks.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 AM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
I'm down...

Old 03-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Visited Induktion today. It's a little cluttered and dirty, but that could give it a more "grungy" look which isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially for us car guys.

I e-mailed At Speed on Friday, still haven't heard back from them.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:10 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Ed is good peeps over at induction...if it's grungy we can do a flannels Nirvana esqe theme and coordinate the models and cars in that grundgy urban chic look...

At Speed you'll have to be on top of them...they are not going to jump at the idea unless you push them and conviince Bob Miller it's good for his shop. I can help you with this I know those guys for a while and that shop is clean and has good lighting...

S