Thinking about planning a models & cars photoshoot day...need feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Thinking about planning a models & cars photoshoot day...need feedback

So a coworker of mine and I came up with an idea, and I want some suggestions for how to make it work. My coworker is a really good portraiture photographer and works with a lot of models. I was thinking about organizing a full blown photoshoot day with a number of models and cars, maybe about 10 models and 20 cars.

"But Tonk, how is this different than any other car wash/model event that has been done before?"

The difference between this and other events is that this will be professionally organized and will be well laid out. It will not be rushed like some of the other events have been, and it will be classy yet sexy at the same time.

We would need it to be in a spot that is large enough to host this type of event. Something like At Speed's shop, for example. That way we could have multiple photographers taking pictures of models and cars. Then after the event, the photographers can all submit/post their photos for everyone to see. The owners of the cars can contact the photographers for high-resolution pictures if they want, and can even get them printed, etc.

Ideally, nobody would have to pay for anything. The shop is being promoted and can offer coupons/service deals if they want. The models are getting exposure to build their portfolio. The car owners are getting awesome photos of their cars taken for free. Then after the event, we could all go out for food somewhere and we could all throw in a few extra dollars to treat the models for dinner.

In terms of timing, I was thinking about doing it in the late spring/early summer so it's not too hot but not too cool either. At this time it's all up in the air so I'd love to get some feedback.

THOUGHTS???

Last edited by Tonk; 01-20-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
come on tonk models don't eat

Sounds like an excellent idea if you can pull it off, I would be in for sure.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:23 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I can also contribute, I do pro photo/video as well, I have good collection of prime equipments that I can bring.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by simtiaz
I can also contribute, I do pro photo/video as well, I have good collection of prime equipments that I can bring.
I was actually hoping you'd contribute since you are a very talented photographer! Gotta get ssong out there too.

Last edited by Tonk; 01-20-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
If I can get into my new car by the time this happens I'd love to get some professional photo's done of my car...

Old 01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
bimmer32five is infamous around these parts
I will gladly drool over the "models".

Old 01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the compliments Tonk, only a pro can recognize one of their own
Once everything is finalized we can coordinate and do a little photo/video slideshow out of this shoot.

Originally Posted by Tonk
I was actually hoping you'd contribute since you are a very talented photographer! Gotta get ssong out there too.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
I'm curious to see what these models will look like....

Old 01-20-2012, 12:51 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by simtiaz
Thanks for the compliments Tonk, only a pro can recognize one of their own
Once everything is finalized we can coordinate and do a little photo/video slideshow out of this shoot.
Tonk and Sid...I have a Fisher Price point n shoot and would like to contribute as well , would that be ok?

Count me in for 2 cars

Brother Bonefish...what is your next car? Please don't leave us waiting in suspense...

Old 01-20-2012, 12:59 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts

Old 01-20-2012, 01:00 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
^^^^^^

Old 01-20-2012, 01:01 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Mark does that answer your question bro???

Leave it to Tonk to do the model selections and it'll look like a 2 Live Crew video shoot!!! hahaha

Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
bimmer32five is infamous around these parts
what the hell is that?? talk about not safe for work...oops. i may still look

Old 01-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Leave it to Tonk to do the model selections and it'll look like a 2 Live Crew video shoot!!! hahaha
Just because I hook up with the sistas when I'm tipsy on crunk juice doesn't mean that's the types of models we'll have (although I'm sure we'll have one or two...can't discriminate against beauty!)

Anyway, let's try to stay on topic fellas, I know it's hard to do

Old 01-20-2012, 01:55 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Count me in. There's food right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking about planning a models & cars photoshoot day...need feedback