The 2012 Baltimore Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Got this e-mail today:

Dear 2012 Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT Ticket Holder:

The 2013 RACE IS ON…
and you're in pole position!

As a returning guest, you've earned the exclusive opportunity to select your favorite seat for the 2013 Grand Prix of Baltimore before tickets go on sale to the general public. We encourage you to take advantage of our private pre-sale
THIS WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, and THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, December 21st. So for 48 hours, you'll have a preferred opportunity to purchase the same Grandstand seats you had last year or to choose another premium location.

Here's what's new in 2013:
  • Reserved seating renewals: Your 2012 seats are being held for you through
    January 4, 2012*. Keep your seat, or select a new one!
  • Multi-day reserved seating ticket holders can select different seats on each day.
  • Each reserved seat purchased through midnight on January 15th receives a FREE Paddock Pass
  • Three levels of pricing for reserved seating to give you more options
  • Lower junior ticket pricing so you can bring the entire family
  • Active duty military receive a 10% discount on all ticket levels (valid ID required)
Experience the excitement August 31 through September 1, 2013.

The 2013 Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT, is going to be bigger, better, and faster than ever.
Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to
purchase your tickets
beginning Wednesday, December 19th!

Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Website for presale tickets isn't working

2013 Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT Private Pre-sale begins Wednesday, December 19 at 3pm.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tonk
Website for presale tickets isn't working

[/SIZE]
I'll wait for SRT to send their exclusive offers.... Last year I received 4 tickets with paddock passes, SRT VIP lounge area (free food, soda, beer and wine all day) and VIPER parking coral passes all three days for only $100.... can't beat that.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I'd say they are looking for the people who don't know much to buy full retail for Christmas presents.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
I'd say they are looking for the people who don't know much to buy full retail for Christmas presents.
I just like being able to make plans early. I don't like waiting and waiting and waiting with the possibility that they might sell out, only to find out I might not be able to get tickets later on. I wouldn't call that "not knowing much."

Anyway, I'm going Saturday only. Got Grandstand 4, Section B, Row 13, Seats 2-5.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I don't think they'll sell out, at least not early in the year if at all... It's a huge venue tons of grandstands, pretty big track and lots of sq ft of viewing area... I don't think they sold out in 2012, dunno if they did in 2011? Either way I hope it's gonna be a great race weekend!! Bmore GP number 3!!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:08 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I didn't go last year because of a schedule conflict. Is there a consensus about what best seats are?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
We'll have the biggest party in the car corral area again

Old 12-20-2012, 03:34 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Not sure about the best seats. Maybe around turn 1? Last year was fun because I ran into so many friends from the local car scene. Greg, Mike, Ion and I did some damage at the Patron stand. Good times!