The 2012 Baltimore Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boochook
Now you're talking.... Road trip???
lol already been cross country twice driving...Bmore to LA and back ... fun but tiring

Think I'll book a flight next time lol

Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Anyone want an arial view of the GP?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/baltimo...70e88dbc52f225

Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
As much as I don't want to say it...I think it might be time to make other plans for Labor Day weekend

Article from 4/17
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...als-race-venue

Article from 4/30
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...awson-and-reck

Old 05-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Given the VERY short time remaining before Labor Day - and the Herculean tasks involved is making it a reality.... I don't see how it is possible. Not to mention the noted race sponsorship problems.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:22 AM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
So apparently it's on? See the following:

Article that talks about Andretti Sports Marketing stepping in:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/baltimo...0081--irl.html

and

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore...t-ok-from.html

Official Site, and for Tickets (on sale May28th):

http://www.raceonbaltimore.com/

Old 05-21-2012, 12:55 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ I still don't believe it until I stard seeing stands go up and the city being re-worked...then I'm off to stubhub to get the best seats last min lol

Old 05-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Tickets go on sale tomorrow

http://www.raceonbaltimore.com/buy-tickets

Old 05-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Hmmm...so you can't buy tickets online, and I called the number on the site and there's a message saying the number is no longer in service...seems sketchy.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
When it said ticket inquiries rather than purchase, I knew something was up.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 AM
pseto is infamous around these parts
i haven't gotten any information from the new promoter about car corrals. actually, its tough finding the right person to talk to. if anyone has a contact, please let me know

Old 05-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Even if tickets WERE on sale today - I personally wouldn't buy them. This whole effort starting 6 months later than the 2011 GPOB (which didn't break even) - showing essentially no public progress is too iffy for me to tie my money up.

Like Sunir - I'll wait until I start seeing some hard evidence that this event is going to really happen. So far its all been predictive.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:39 AM
pseto is infamous around these parts
Until I see an agreement with the Stadium Authority, I can't believe it'll happen. They can possibly survive without a title sponsor, but not without a place to park and hold the paddock.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Right now only General Admission tickets are on sale, and reserved seats go on sale on 7/15/12. So I'll wait and see how things pan out.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Until Paul makes a move for BMW, I will hold my funds.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 PM
bimmer32five is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Until Paul makes a move for BMW, I will hold my funds.
Agreed. I want to get the BMW corral tickets this year, so hopefully it'll pan out. Just checked the ticket site and can only get general admission unless you get the 3 day package. I'll wait.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The 2012 Baltimore Grand Prix Discussion Thread