Looking for - Audio Shop that does great work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:40 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Looking for - Audio Shop that does great work

Guys...I wanted to get some recommendations for an audio shop in the Maryland, DC, Northern VA area that does really top notch work and knows there stuff better than any other, preferably works on exotics and has experience with Aston Martin cars.

I have an aftermarket serius radio reciever and wiring job/antenna on the boot etc... in my DB9 which appears to be integrated into my factory system somehow. My factroy system is the Aston Premium 950W Linn Audio option and sounds amazing plus I want to restore to original factory specification. I want it removed and leave the stock/factory system there as it came per the car's build sheet.

thanks guys any help would be appreciated.

also Bull told me about Audo Connection on Joppa Road in Baltimore...Bull if you chyme in what is your guy's name over there the expert guy you were telling me about when we were at your place for the Ravens game.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Lt. Dan is infamous around these parts
Sound Solutions in Chantilly used to do Top-Notch work... don't know about nowadays though...

Old 02-17-2012, 11:46 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Sunir - without doubt DSI Electronics rt. off rt. 1 in Laurel. 301-490-4197

You know PCA Vu, he is somehow related to them, Dave & Thai. They are the real deal esp. going tearing into a car like that. Check them out.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Good tips ...thanks Cliff and Dan Will look into both of thos places. Yeah PCA Vu is a good dude, he was heading up the PCA corral at the Bmore GP...Def want the best of the best if they are getting into a car the this, many little bolts, leather panels, aluminum etc...miss one little things could cost $$$ and leave rattles that would be a nightmare to trace!

Keep the suggestions coming folks...and thanks again for you help

Old 02-17-2012, 01:08 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
If you go check out DSI I think you will really be imporessed. I only found out about them not too too long ago b/c they seem kinda under-publicized for the level they are and their location is kinda unassuming, just looks like regular radio shop from outside but when I went in and saw their op.s and kinds of things they were working on and talked to them there is no doubt they are very advanced in their areas of expertise. Full wood/composites shop, extensive hi-end elctronics diagnostics equip., all top top of line small - but i think often overlooked stuff like connectors, fastening clips, adhesives etc. I don't have any reservations at all leaving whatever kind of car with them for whatever kind of project, which is a really nice thing to have at my disposal and not have to worry about.

I'm going to get them to help me do a A/V system in my boat. They do a lot of those too. I've never been a big car audio nut myself but I want to try and do something over the top on my boat and they are just the guys I need not just for the execution but the ideas too.

If / when you go check them out chirp back what you think. I would mention u know Vu if you go.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
^^^ thanks Cliff def will check them out...and will certainly mention Vu. If they do a lot of high end work a DE-Installaion or removal and neatly re-assemble everthing back to factory should be a peice of cake...

I will chyme in with this and any other shops I look into...def want to keep everyone posted to what I find.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
williocom is infamous around these parts
Check out CAS Design in Sterling. Talk to Chris. He does amazing work. You will not be disappointed.

http://www.casdesignva.com/contact.html

Old 02-17-2012, 06:22 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
I know most of the car audio installers in the area. Having been a 2-time grand national champion in car audio and former owner of a premier car audio store called Absolute Autosound, most of the shops in the area know who I am. We used to do all the work for the Orioles, Redskins, several Capital players and a host of other people that own exotic cars.

My 1st choice is Dave Brand at Audio Connection in Towson and only their Towson location. I referred all my custom customers to Dave once I sold Absolute. The referral of CAS Design in Sterling is a good choice. IMO there is NO WAY I would ever trust DSI to work on my exotic .

Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 PM
^ What is it about DSI? Fill me in.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bull30
I know most of the car audio installers in the area. Having been a 2-time grand national champion in car audio and former owner of a premier car audio store called Absolute Autosound, most of the shops in the area know who I am. We used to do all the work for the Orioles, Redskins, several Capital players and a host of other people that own exotic cars.

My 1st choice is Dave Brand at Audio Connection in Towson and only their Towson location. I referred all my custom customers to Dave once I sold Absolute. The referral of CAS Design in Sterling is a good choice. IMO there is NO WAY I would ever trust DSI to work on my exotic .
You use to own Absolute Autosound off Brookeville Rd in Silver Spring, MD? I use to come by that place all the time to buy random **** for my audio needs back in the day....

Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
^ What is it about DSI? Fill me in.
I'm kinda curious to know about this also...can you elaborate bull? Thanks bud

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions...

Old 02-28-2012, 06:40 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of

In general I've had positive experience with both their Columbia and Pasadena locations. There was a guy named Chris in their Pasadena store that was good but not sure if he's there anymore. He did some impressive custom work on my friends 64 Continental and some on my classic as well.

This other guy Steve in the Columbia Audio Connection has done some electrical troubleshooting on my classic. He seems to know what he's doing and has no problem with you watching his work (which is pretty big to me). I'm actually dropping my car off to him tomorrow to have my retractable front license plate installed

Old 02-28-2012, 06:43 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by r_matt_6
In general I've had positive experience with both their Columbia and Pasadena locations. There was a guy named Chris in their Pasadena store that was good but not sure if he's there anymore. He did some impressive custom work on my friends 64 Continental and some on my classic as well.

This other guy Steve in the Columbia Audio Connection has done some electrical troubleshooting on my classic. He seems to know what he's doing and has no problem with you watching his work (which is pretty big to me). I'm actually dropping my car off to him tomorrow to have my retractable front license plate installed
Chris is my son and learned the craft from Absolute Autosound and his dad... Steve is good also... Chris is no longer there...

Old 02-28-2012, 06:56 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
Chris is my son and learned the craft from Absolute Autosound and his dad... Steve is good also... Chris is no longer there...
Wow, what a small world. I hope you saw the fiberglass work he did on the 64 continental....pretty amazing. Sad that he's no longer there but I'm sure he's doing well wherever he is now.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Wow you're right it's a small world seems like in the car A/V world!

Bull any thoughts on DSI working on exotics, please feel free to PM me if you'd like....thanks bud

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for - Audio Shop that does great work