2012 Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - starting Saturday, 3/31/12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
WillyWonka is infamous around these parts
Tonk,

Thank you for posting the meet information. You have also provided valid notes that point toward this gathering's potential success. Its easy to access, there's ample parking, its a very safe environment and there's a sufficient radius from other meets in the region. Maple Lawn would be the nearest at approximately 40 miles.

The meet is listed as a month closer but if the first meet displays appropriate promise, it will be moved to a weekly.

I'm aware that the Filling Station C&C has tailed off but the northern Baltimore County area truly needs a place for automobile enthusiasts to share interests, network, catch up on old times and look forward to new times.

Sign-up in this thread and at the Facebook link provided earlier.

Spread the word. This is your meet! I hope to see you there.

Will

Last edited by WillyWonka; 02-29-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM
BOBP is infamous around these parts
Count me in. The M & I will be there.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by BOBP
Count me in. The M & I will be there.
Bob,

Excellent. I look forward to meeting you as well as the M. Keep spreading the word!

This weekend, I'll be talking with a few of the shops at Hunt Valley and Arena Motor Group since one of their associates reached out to me. There's a shot that they can bring a few cars. Also, the word will be spread to more websites. All suggestions are appreciated.

Once again, thank you for the support and keep spreading the word!

Old 03-04-2012, 01:29 PM
There are over 40 people interested based on the Facebook page. Many others have expressed interest. Word has been spread to 6speed, Ferrari Chat, Ferrari Life, MB World, Corvette Forum, Mustang Club of MD, Rennlist, E46 Fanatics, M3 Post and others.

As of yesterday, Hunt Valley Towne Centre's security squad (Broadway Silver Star) is on board. Also, I visited Arena Motor Group in Owings Mills to meet the management. They're very excited about bringing a few exotic and luxury vehicles to Hunt Valley. Be on the lookout for some amazing cars. Great people. Finally, Ritz Camera has printed some excellent postcard-size advertisements. Another excellent crew.

Based on the feedback, the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee has been moved from a monthly to a weekly event. Starting on Saturday, March 31 and every Saturday moving forward, see you there!

Last edited by WillyWonka; 03-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
As a reminder, please check the Hunt Valley C&C Facebook page for the latest information and note your attendance plans there as well. The HVTC management team officially endorsed the event over the weekend and they're very excited about its prospects. More developments are on the way!

Lets make the inaugural event special. I hope to see everyone there!

Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Well guys...yet another saturday CnC...looks like this will put a dent in Maple lawn, which is already a small group of which 60% are from baltimore area and points north...

Old 03-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
Well guys...yet another saturday CnC...looks like this will put a dent in Maple lawn, which is already a small group of which 60% are from baltimore area and points north...
Yeah, there are so many popping up that it's taking away from the novelty of it. One huge C&C every weekend is a lot better than five small ones. I was looking at pics from Burtonsville on Sundays today and some insane cars go but I've missed it while going to Annapolis.

Honestly, unless Hunt Valley becomes HUGE, I'm going to keep going to Maple Lawn because I know everyone there on a personal level.

Last edited by Tonk; 03-07-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:13 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tonk
Yeah, there are so many popping up that it's taking away from the novelty of it. 1 huge C&C every weekend is a lot better than 5. I was looking at pics from Burtonsville on Sundays today and some insane cars go but I've missed it while going to Annapolis.

Honestly, unless Hunt Valley becomes HUGE, I'm going to keep going to Maple Lawn because I know everyone there on a personal level.
Agreed...if Hunt Valley were once a month it would be perfect. It would also keep it's novelty factory and people would look forward to it. But who knows it might get huge, they may have a ton more cars...

I also think there should be one maybe 2 huge cnc every weekend...one Sat and one Sun...maybe one in MD and one in VA and thats it...everyone could enjoy and not have to miss out on the other cnc going on.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Agreed...if Hunt Valley were once a month it would be perfect. It would also keep it's novelty factory and people would look forward to it. But who knows it might get huge, they may have a ton more cars...

I also think there should be one maybe 2 huge cnc every weekend...one Sat and one Sun...maybe one in MD and one in VA and thats it...everyone could enjoy and not have to miss out on the other cnc going on.
During the planning stage, frequency was once a month. Comments ranged from 'that's not enough' to 'people will be wondering when its held so offer it every week'. Feedback was strong enough to merit a weekly gathering.

There is a group of folks that would rather drive 2-20 miles instead of 40-60 for a gathering on Saturday morning. Tonk, novelty is like a tree falling in the middle of the woods for the persons not around to experience it. Many folks in the northern Baltimore County area want a local event. Many haven't experienced the others due to distance. The co-existence of these gatherings is certainly possible.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:42 PM
^^^ very good points you mention

Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
I see it (as it pretty much is in other parts of US where I've lived) you'll prolly have your C&Cs where its just friends / tight group meet up to talk cars looking over the SAME cars over and over, and then you'll have the meg-mother of them all where you go to see things u may have never seen before.... and also prob. some of the normal people/cars u know.

Katies is the undisputed king for the DMV area and that will likely never change - even though it is stupid early and not close for all (picture = Sunir hitting the snooze bar at 5:30 AM on Sat morn after tearing up Baltimore all night). It is what it is.... which kind of makes it what it is. I like it. When DMV luxury & exotic dealerships think "maybe we should take such and such to a C&C for viewing" they think Katies and that prob. isn't going to change ever.

At some point the geography all meshes together. I.e. if you live in Aberdeen Katies at 7AM is pretty much a death march. But the guys up in Westchester, PA where I have a co. that does a lot of work at the Phil. Ferrari dealership.... they have a kickin' C&C and those boys got some nice rides, and a lot of them are perpetually flipping into new rides like changing shirts (that's also where the only McLaren dealership b/w NY and I don't know where somewhere way south is). Smaller than Katie's but good bit higher end on the avg. if that is what your looking for in a C&C. From Hunt Valley - talking commute - I'd rather drive to there than Katie's any day.

I'd like to check all the C&Cs out. New and old. I know what its like to try and market an idea and get something going, I hope the N. Balt. guys get it going. There is def. a gap b/w Phil. and Katies that could use some filling.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
I has a sad here in Bristow.

Rt28 on sat later afternoon, evening IF IF IF the weather is perfect we get greay bking turnout for hotrods and musle cars. If thereks a cloud in the sky or a single ill breeze no one shows 'cept the ricers late late.

SO if I get my *** in gear I head for Katies on Sat.

Sundays are awesome at Fair Oaks THANKS!!!!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:59 AM
WeisachWilli,

Thank you for contributing your perspective. When availability suits the situation, I look forward to meeting you.

Fraggle,

You are wild.

Here are 2 recent updates to the Facebook page...

3/15/12
Today was truly special day in Owings Mills. Allison Timms of Treasured Motorcar Services, Ltd. and Richard Garre of Radcliffe Motorcar Company are tremendous people and true credits to the automobile enthusiast community.

Allison and Richard not only have beautiful facilities and, of course, amazing vehicles but they are truly passionate about their craft. These are two of my favorite people from my Cars and Coffee travels. There were at least 10 times where I found my mouth hanging wide open due to the sheer diversity and history behind the cars and trucks. Allison and Richard, thank you once again. These visits will be remembered for a very long time.

Pictures from the day have been added to the photo warehouse. To top off the Owings Mills theme, a recent visit to Arena Motor Group is also captured in the pictures.

3/16/12
After spending so much time traveling to Owings Mills to talk with car collectors and garage owners, I must pay respect to an absolutely fabulous set of roads. Greenspring Valley Road (east) to Falls Road (north) to Shawan Road (east) to Hunt Valley on warm, sunny day is tough to top.

Today, I spent a good amount of time with Randy Moss from Collectors Car Corral in Owings Mills. He's a true example of living it, breathing it and loving it. Randy provided so much quality information on the local car scene. His advice will help form the direction of Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee. It was truly an honor to spend part of the afternoon with Randy, his customers and of course, his cars.

Thank you to each and every one of the 127 people noting their interest. Continue to spread the word! March 31 is right around the corner!

Old 03-18-2012, 11:09 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I think I'll make it out also, for those interested, Agile Automotive is having their spring open house that day as well, I'll be heading that way afterwards as it looks like it starts around 10 or 11 am... It's a nice back roads drive away

Old 03-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by airbrush1
I think I'll make it out also, for those interested, Agile Automotive is having their spring open house that day as well, I'll be heading that way afterwards as it looks like it starts around 10 or 11 am... It's a nice back roads drive away
airbrush,

This is true. From the Hunt Valley Towne Centre to Agile Auto in Fallston, its about a 30-minute drive on 83-695-1. There's also a quite nice selection of less busy roads such as 145-165-152 to get to Agile Auto.

That's quite a tandem of auto events for a Saturday. The timing works very well.

I hope to see you there and spread the word!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - starting Saturday, 3/31/12