supra ride/drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:58 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
supra ride/drive

Who in the area has a supra? I would really like an opportunity to either ride in or drive a mkIV sometime in the near future... It's always been on my short list for cars to own, and while I love the z06, I feel like I need to confirm whether of not I'd prefer a supra in the long term... or if I should remove it from my list.

I don't want to drive the crap out of one, I rarely do that with the vette or any of my cars, but I'd like to get an idea of what being behind the wheel feels like. You'd certainly be welcome to play with the vette in return if you'd like! I often get the itch to make a change, and a supra is about the only thing that consistantly pops into my head these days

Old 02-26-2012, 03:43 PM
DucatiThunder is infamous around these parts
This should be interesting.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Why do you say that ^

Old 02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
DucatiThunder is infamous around these parts
It funny because we were talking about it the other day @ Maplelawn. It would be an interesting comparison of the Z06 vs a Supra. I rarely see them around now a days. Looking forward to what you find out.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I think it will be an interesting comparison for sure... I just feel like I need a chance to experience one, because it's always been "THE CAR" I've lusted after, and probably one of the only imports I'd go back to after owning the z06...

I may find that I don't like it, and that would be fine with me... I just need to know I guess

Last edited by airbrush1; 02-26-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 02-26-2012, 04:25 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
its an addiction.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Ken are you considering possibly replacing your z06 for a supra if you drive one and like it? Although I too like the supra, I would keep ur z if I were u... Your 427 is a unique built car and def one sweet ride! To get a supra with equal power it would need to be modded already or you'd have to mod it yourself, which costs $$$... Why dole out the cash to start over and mod another car when u already have a 427??!!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 PM
I've had 23 cars since I was 16... I get bored pretty easily I guess. Don't get me wrong, I love the corvette, I just currently have an itch that I need to scratch when it comes to cars... I'm kind of hoping that I drive the supra, and decide I like the z06 better... but if a supra just blows me away, then I can't justify keeping the z06.

I'm sort of at an impass with the corvette as far as mods go, from here on out, it gets rather expensive to go faster, but I really don't even use the power I already have. I'm at a point where I have to make some expensive decisions... save for a supercharger, head and cam package, or wheels and tires? Or make a change altogether and buy something else... I can't justify spending real money on mods, If I might not keep the car long term (as we know, you don't recoup mod money)
I need to decide if I want to dedicate a few more years to this car or not, and a ride in the current object of my affection will certainly help make the decision for me!

Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Well bro whatever decision you make I'm sure it'll be one that the crew will stand behind ya that said if I were you I'd stick w the 427 and thow a blower give 'er the lingenfelter treatment... She is a unique car and very cool one indeed!

Why the sudden infatuation and change of mind all of a sudden bro? You've always liked the supra bit what made you consider it at this point, as both cars sit you'd be in a modding crossroads with either one...

Old 02-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I think it's springtime, and I haven't really been able to have fun with the vette over the winter, so I'm getting antsy.... I'm also at a point where I'm at a loss as far as finding small things that will make it more enjoyable... I'm going to order a line lock for it tomorrow, and I'm looking for drag radials as well... But once I get it to run at its best in the quarter mile, I won't be able to run at anything other than a rental without spending money on a roll cage for it....

Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
I'm going to put mine up f/s at the end of the year Ken, since I'm buying a R8 V10....but it won't be cheap consider mine is built to the hilt and is a hardtop.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Val, I highly doubt I could begin to afford to buy your supra... I'm contemplating a BPU car, maybe a single conversion, an all out monster isn't really in my price range.... But I'll certainly consider taking a ride in the R8 instead lol!

Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by airbrush1
Val, I highly doubt I could begin to afford to buy your supra... I'm contemplating a BPU car, maybe a single conversion, an all out monster isn't really in my price range.... But I'll certainly consider taking a ride in the R8 instead lol!
The supras are coming down in price big time...heck a 97 w/under 50k miles sold today on ebay for under $18k; it needed a very little bit of TLC.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by vntperformance
I'm going to put mine up f/s at the end of the year Ken, since I'm buying a R8 V10....but it won't be cheap consider mine is built to the hilt and is a hardtop.
Sweet Val... R8 v10 is a nice car for sure you keeping your 996tt (you've been modding that One up for a bit now right) ... Is ur supra getting done up over there w Peter/ISP?

Any plans to mod the audi ??

Old 02-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by vntperformance
The supras are coming down in price big time...heck a 97 w/under 50k miles sold today on ebay for under $18k; it needed a very little bit of TLC.
wow, that's a killer deal! I feel like a large number of supra owners vastly overestimate what their car is worth in the real world

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: supra ride/drive