leather repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:20 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
leather repair

Anyone know of someone that does good work? My dad has a nasty 3-4" tear on the bolster of his drivers seat. I used to know a guy around Columbia that did decent work but can't seem to find him.

Trying to see if there are any options before reupholstering.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:43 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
Metro Leather repair in Sterling VA. I dont have the number but they repair/respray seats and do great work. I had a Viper seat repaired as well as a BMW seat repaired in the past....

Old 02-27-2012, 08:48 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ZZinger
Metro Leather repair in Sterling VA. I dont have the number but they repair/respray seats and do great work. I had a Viper seat repaired as well as a BMW seat repaired in the past....
Thanks for the recommendation. It looks they they have a few positive reviews on Yelp and a convincing photo gallery on their site. They're quite far from me but I will definitely travel for quality work. I'll call them tomorrow.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
'The Leather Man' was a mobile repair guy and did an excellent job on a leather sofa. Had a nice rig to do anything. Based out of Maryland.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
'The Leather Man' was a mobile repair guy and did an excellent job on a leather sofa. Had a nice rig to do anything. Based out of Maryland.
I googled "The leather man maryland" but it returns a lot of searches. Would you happen to have his contact info?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
the first thing I thought about when you said this was Texas Chainsaw Masacre and 'LeatherFace' ...scary 80's horror movie series !! I'm sure you remember it? That dude was crazy!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 04:22 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
If any of you only need to recondition and redye your leather you can use leatherique with confidence. Tears need a pro obviously.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by r_matt_6
I googled "The leather man maryland" but it returns a lot of searches. Would you happen to have his contact info?
I don't. Jennifer Leather on Rockville Pike set it up due to damage during delivery. Just remembered his name when signing for the repair.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM
I don't. Jennifer Leather on Rockville Pike set it up due to damage during delivery. Just remembered his name when signing for the repair.
Ah ok thanks maybe I'll give them a buzz.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Awesome, thanks.. do you have any experience with their work? Their website shows they do a lot of classics, however, I'm sure leather is leather regardless of era.

Originally Posted by sunir
the first thing I thought about when you said this was Texas Chainsaw Masacre and 'LeatherFace' ...scary 80's horror movie series !! I'm sure you remember it? That dude was crazy!!!
lol I remember getting that guy's autograph (the main guy who played leatherface) on Halloween at some 'scary farm' back in the early 90's.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by r_matt_6

lol I remember getting that guy's autograph (the main guy who played leatherface) on Halloween at some 'scary farm' back in the early 90's.
Lol I remember being a kid and watching those scary movies in the 80's ... Looking back they were more grizzly and cheezy then... Was in hs first half of the 90's but by then they had better special effects... Better story lines and better made then simply a gore fest like the first series of texas chainsaw massacre lol! .... Leatherface was a classic though! A grizzly character with a gory side and a sensitive side... The constant conflicting battle within lol