Ocean city hot rod weekend...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
My exhaust is ready for Cruisin Weekend. My wheels will be on by then too. Not 100% sure if I'll have the coilovers on or not...probably not.

Here's a pic of the exhaust from underneath:

Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
Looks really nice! How does it sound?!?!

I'll hopefully pick my wheels and tires up tomorrow from no limit (they've had them since Monday, I think they lost my number lol) I'll have to decide whether or not to install my line lock and run my drag radials down in oc, or stick with the new wheels... Decisions decisions

Old 05-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
It sounds good in my opinion. The M3 engine is weird to begin with so it's really difficult to make it sound throaty and deep. So with that in mind, it sounds like your typical M3 with aftermarket exhaust.

What I had done was removing the factory muffler and putting in a couple resonators with some nice exhaust tips. It's really loud when you're getting on it, but when cruising at normal RPM's you can barely even tell that it's anything other than stock. In Ocean City you won't even hear it over the thousands of V8's running up and down Coastal Highway lol.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tonk
My exhaust is ready for Cruisin Weekend. My wheels will be on by then too. Not 100% sure if I'll have the coilovers on or not...probably not.

Here's a pic of the exhaust from underneath:

OHHHH...that looks niiicccceee!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by airbrush1
Looks really nice! How does it sound?!?!

I'll hopefully pick my wheels and tires up tomorrow from no limit (they've had them since Monday, I think they lost my number lol) I'll have to decide whether or not to install my line lock and run my drag radials down in oc, or stick with the new wheels... Decisions decisions
What wheels did you get? Looking forward to seeing the shoes!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Ken I think you should stick with the new wheels, they look awesome. If you have the drag radials then people will be trying to race you all weekend long. Unless that is what you were hoping for haha.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:30 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Kenny what wheels did you get...show a pic...

Tonk...post a sound clip lets hear that bad boy purrr!

Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Damn hot rod wknd sounds tempting. Havent done it in years. Wouldn't mind testing the new setup against some ol hot rods. Sunir! What in the.....who in their right mind made you a moderator!? I keed I keed! Congrats bro that's sweet!

Old 05-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I'll put up a pic when I install them tomorrow

Old 05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Ok can't help myself... Preliminary pics

And my cat approves

Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Dude those wheels are killer.

So is your cat.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:13 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Wow Ken those look sweet! Who makes them? What kind of wheels are they? I am assuming 3 peice with forged centers?

Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 PM
I wish they were 3 piece wheels.... These are an interim set until I can afford my ccw's! They're made by one of the many reproduction corvette wheel shops, and based on the magnesium wheels that were optional on early c5's. Stock z06 sizes and offsets... Not bad for 250 bucks of ya ask me

Old 05-11-2012, 02:27 PM
$250 per wheel? that's not bad at all...they look great buddy! Well done

Old 05-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Haha!!!! I got them used for 250 bucks... For the whole set of 4

Preview !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ocean city hot rod weekend...