Trucker Films Himself Outwitting VA's Blue Boys After They Ping His Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Trucker Films Himself Outwitting VA's Blue Boys After They Ping His Radar Detector

Score!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s4vC4aoHJf4

Old 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
He may have outsmarted them that day... But being arrogant enough to post an incriminating video on YouTube, with his face, their faces, and mocking them... Will not go over well when the cops see it

Old 03-31-2012, 07:34 AM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
.... I've been pulled over in VA by a Trooper with my V1 on my windshield.... He asked where I was going in such a hurry and what my plate meant.... Plate distracted him, no ticket....

Old 03-31-2012, 07:37 AM
karmavore is infamous around these parts
This dude is awesome, but he just fuked himself. He'd of been better off shoving that K1 op his butt than posting that video.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
This guy is done.

I was stopped in VA too and he saw my V1 remote and thought that was the detector and confiscated it. Didn't look further to see the real unit. Only set me back $40 rather than $400.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:47 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
As someone who doesn't live in VA but drive in the state regularly, I have a question for you guys:

Is it illegal to 'use' a radar detector, or just to have one inside of the car, even if it is turned off? If you are pulled over for a moving violation, the caps can confiscate a RD that is in place but not turned on?

Old 03-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Lowcash is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mtmd11
As someone who doesn't live in VA but drive in the state regularly, I have a question for you guys:

Is it illegal to 'use' a radar detector, or just to have one inside of the car, even if it is turned off? If you are pulled over for a moving violation, the caps can confiscate a RD that is in place but not turned on?
Illegal to 'use' = yes

When I got pulled over years ago the trooper told me the RD couldn't be in the cab and would have to be off and in the trunk (out of reach).

Old 03-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtmd11

In short, yes. Consider them like a gun. They cannot be in the car even if turned off or not plugged in.
You'll be fined and the device possibly confiscated.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 AM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I've read on the RD forums is that in VA they fine $100 but the law is explicit that they may only take the device to copy down the serial number. They aren't allowed to keep it as evidence until your court date.

Henry

Old 04-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Rguy is infamous around these parts
I dont think it's legal to take the device either. Using it is illegal, possessing it is not. It's not like they take your car from you when you're caught speeding.....

Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Rguy
I dont think it's legal to take the device either. Using it is illegal, possessing it is not. It's not like they take your car from you when you're caught speeding.....
Depends on how fast you were going.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:19 AM
MR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Rguy
depends how fast you are going when you're caught

Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
haha this is great win for the Truckers! Useless VA commonwealth cops wasting taxpayer dolars again...do a real job, go arrest drug dealers and rapist and robbers!! technically all the guy needs to do is remove the RD, they can't go after him after the fact. He was cooperative and technically did nothing wrong.

When in VA (which I try not to be) I completely unplug my RD and place it pit of reach or stow it away. Then I slow down and go speed limit. Don't wanna mess with the **** VA cops.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:43 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Lol funny stuff!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Hilarious...I think that law is about the dumbest ever and do the same as Sunir...stow and slow. If I had an integrated system like some of my friends I would have a similar system plus auto drop jammers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trucker Films Himself Outwitting VA's Blue Boys After They Ping His Radar Detector