Exhaust fabrication total cost?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 01:54 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Question Exhaust fabrication total cost?

Hi, this question is for those of you who have taken your car to a specialty shop and had them fabricate an exhaust for you. How much did it wind up costing, and how long did it take? Any issues afterwards?

There is a place in Manassas, and the dude at ECS has fabricated an exhaust for a Testrossa. If he can do it for that car, I imagine he could do it for my 355.

My job should be quite simple, no mufflers involved, I just want straight pipes right out of the cats. The exhaust I was consdering to buy was $1725, so obviously I'm looking for the job to wind up cheaper than that.

Thanks for any input.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I highly recommend Craig in Severna Park at Mandrel Bends Solutions. He's done three custom setups for me with resonators and stainless steel pipes. All three were under $500 and done under three hours and a top notch install.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
I highly recommend Craig in Severna Park at Mandrel Bends Solutions. He's done three custom setups for me with resonators and stainless steel pipes. All three were under $500 and done under three hours and a top notch install.
I think you mean "Greg".

Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vntperformance
I think you mean "Greg".
+1. Greg is who is doing my custom exhaust. Gonna save me about $700 compared to what an aftermarket muffler would cost.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 PM
sempaipaul is infamous around these parts
st4rk,

you should search this section of the forum, as I believe there was quite recently a person that had a custom exhaust put together for his 335, and he did a full review of the shop. The shop was local to this area.

Good luck!

-Paul

Old 04-29-2012, 09:50 PM
sempaipaul is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sempaipaul
st4rk,

you should search this section of the forum, as I believe there was quite recently a person that had a custom exhaust put together for his 335, and he did a full review of the shop. The shop was local to this area.

Good luck!

-Paul
My apologies, I thought you said 335. Anyhow, they should also be able to put an exhaust together for a 355

-Paul

Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor
Josh@ECS is infamous around these parts
I'm still pleased with my Testrossa exhaust, someone saw the car the other day and mentioned how good it sounds.

I've got a few during construction photos I can share if you'd like to see the craftsmanship. On the 355, deleting the bypass valve setup and doing a straight through exhaust will have several positive effects.

Are you looking to do an "x" pipe configuration for the "F1" scream?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by st4rk
The exhaust I was consdering to buy was $1725, so obviously I'm looking for the job to wind up cheaper than that.

Thanks for any input.
That sounds like a Nuvalere exhaust. Honestly that is a cheap price for a Ferrari exhaust. Capristo is significantly higher.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
Josh@ECS is infamous around these parts
That's a good point Sunir, I didn't really acknowledge that part of the post. To build a merged exhaust that really sounds good and fab factory type exhaust tips, the price would be more than $1750 using 16ga 304 stainless as the material of choice.

Companies like Nouvalari buy and build is such bulk that they can absorb labor and material costs much easier and sell at low prices, especially as a promotional thing to get systems on the market.

I can price competitively but competing against that number means I would have to work for free and do it just for fun.