EuroSport DC - June 10th - Wash DC Exotics Tour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 AM
ssong is infamous around these parts
beautiful amg man!! :thumbsup

Old 07-01-2012, 12:57 PM
BMWGator is infamous around these parts
A bit late to the party, but here's a couple vids y'all might enjoy...

Did a little pre-meet drive to the event with the Pittsburgh group, including DoctaM3's famous yellow Aventador:

Spent much of the drive following the yellow Aventador...that is, whenever I could catch up to it...lmao!! That car is insane!...Aventador handled the twisties like it was on freakin rails!

Man, I want an Aventador so badly! Somebody give me like $500K fast!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 PM
sempaipaul is infamous around these parts
Never too early to start the conversation on this...

Anyone heard anything yet?! It was a fantastic event last year!

-Paul

Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I am without a bloody doubt, in this year..... any news on this?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
you better Mick, it's worth it, I would suggest getting there hour or two early from the time they list.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by simtiaz
you better Mick, it's worth it, I would suggest getting there hour or two early from the time they list.
+1. I learned last year, you arrive late you wait in the mega line and get a less than average run. Front group is always a blast and swift to boot.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
It's an excellent event when it comes to seeing some nice cars, meeting new fellow car owners and getting together with your friends. From the standpoint of organization, safety and the run it falls far short of expectations. Unless of course you have low expectations.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bull30
It's an excellent event when it comes to seeing some nice cars, meeting new fellow car owners and getting together with your friends. From the standpoint of organization, safety and the run it falls far short of expectations. Unless of course you have low expectations.
I agree with bull. I loved the Valentino Balboni breakfast and presentation, I loved the question and answer sessions we had, and the very nice picnic we had for lunch.

This said, I think the tour was a little too long, too many cars of varying driver skills, a little bit of organizational challenges, and I definately think navigators with the route desciptions is a must. I saw cars pass over double yellows several times, I also saw an Aston V12 Vantage get hit in the rear and quarter panel with what appreared to be significant damage, apparently another car bashed into him.

This year I don't have any interest in driving the tour, too many drivers of varying skill levels in varying speeds and cars. I will most likely (1) go to the initial breakfast meeting/presetnations/Q&A and then head stratight to the lunch spot directly or (2) go to the event with someone and be the navigator reading off the tour sheet

Old 04-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I've never had the chance of participating in this event, but reading the above makes me want to continue my non-participant trend.

Now looking at the pics, there seems to be way to many cars, I'm sure it's great to see all different kinds of cars and getting the chance to meet new like minded enthusiasts but the drive itself I may pass on.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
I've never had the chance of participating in this event, but reading the above makes me want to continue my non-participant trend.

Now looking at the pics, there seems to be way to many cars, I'm sure it's great to see all different kinds of cars and getting the chance to meet new like minded enthusiasts but the drive itself I may pass on.
Mickster don't let us sway you have a go on your own mate you may like it and have loads of fun...because it's not for one driver doesn't mean it's not for another... the organizers of this event are super people, very nice and try to do a great job. I think you will get many folks who are jazzed up about the drive and the fun that comes with it. I am just being more risk averse this year than last, but it's a personal choice not to be reflective on how awesome the drive experience could be for you or the next driver out there

Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 PM
RDY2FLY is infamous around these parts
Great news for the EuroSport DC tour

Guys

Last night I emailed Kevin Sims and this is what he responded with

Matt,

Thank you for emailing. Yes, we are working on this year's event. The date is Sunday June 9th, 2013.

We have some exciting new elements for this year. We are ironing them out over the next week and will be releasing information shortly after.

Valentino Balboni is coming back. We are excited to have him again.

We look forward to seeing out again this year.

Kevin Sims
2013 EuroSport DC

Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Sunir good point, but like you I wanna avoid any incidents while on the drive, that's a lot of cars.

Matt thanks for posting, I'll probably do this if Balboni is making an appearance, missed him last time.

Mickster

Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 AM
Kumaiki is infamous around these parts
June 9th may be right in the heart of the cicada invasion. That would really suck. I'm sure it would suppress attendance.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
I was almost all the way in the back and had a good run. Passed a lot of guys when they took wrong turns!!

Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 PM
BOBP is infamous around these parts
Ion, your car doesn't go fast enough to kill any cicada'ssssss. lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EuroSport DC - June 10th - Wash DC Exotics Tour