EuroSport DC - June 10th - Wash DC Exotics Tour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by chrcowan
I wish I was an owner. No, I'll be riding shotgun in a friends 599.
Damn Chris.... you're not going to stand proud and campaign for the good ole US of A V10 “model variants have won more significant European endurance races than Lambo could ever dream of” exemption!!??

The whole "this marque yes this marque no" theme (with no real sensible structure, rhyme or reason to it i.e. listed sponsor marques or other thematic rationale i.e. "all British" "all Italian", etc.) seems kinda cheesely naive squirrely to me. Or if “you’re not with marque listed (even if albeit European) need special invite”. I mean come on!! If I’m pushing a V10 R8 or an RS4 or RS5, or a 550+ hp v8 twin turbo BMW M that will pretty much suck the paint off any street-going Maserati or Lotus or Aston Martin ever built (with very few exceptions…. the Maserati MC12 comes to mind) I can’t go??!!

But I might come anyway…. In the rattiest rustiest old 4 cyl. 914 I can find!! LOL

Old 05-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor
EuroSportDC is infamous around these parts
The reason we make the distinction of the cars invited is to ensure unique exotic cars. If we outwardly invited BMWs, Audis, or Mercedes we would get a lot of 4 door sedans and the like. These are great cars mind you, but its not what our event is about.

With this said, we would be glade to have Audi R8's and BMW Z8's. New for this year, we have also added MB AMG SLS Gullwings.

We want to ensure a good mix of cars that are unique and exotic.

Kevin Sims
2012 EuroSport DC - June 10th
www.EuroSportDC.com

Old 05-15-2012, 07:28 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Will see you guys there!
Comtemplating whether to bring Gallardo or Novitec f430.
Balboni already singed my Gallardo's bonnet, I might get a second signature elsewhere.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 AM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
I'm in. Kumaiki is riding with me. Let's do this Sunir. BTW - this ends at Seneca which happens to have one of the best disc golf courses in the country. Yes...I'm a long haired disc golf player...I'm bringing my discs with me if anyone wants to try playing a round out after the BBQ.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:27 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by TransHuman
I'm in. Kumaiki is riding with me. Let's do this Sunir. BTW - this ends at Seneca which happens to have one of the best disc golf courses in the country. Yes...I'm a long haired disc golf player...I'm bringing my discs with me if anyone wants to try playing a round out after the BBQ.

^^ Thats awesome. My neighbor 2 doors down is a disc golf equip. co. = "Disc Outfitters" on Gerwig Lane Columbia 21046 (last time I posted a live weblink on here I got B slapped). They are really cool guys. Put on tournaments all the time etc. When they first moved in I asked "you guys actually have a viable business out of this?"... and they do!! And the equipment and discs with varied weights and shapes etc. are pretty hi-tech. Very cool.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:24 AM
spatialthreat is infamous around these partsspatialthreat is infamous around these parts
Ariel Atom's?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Ah, yes. Yet another unwarranted attack by Wiseacre Willi. It is what it is, get over it. I wouldn't get butt-hurt if Porsche wasn't invited to a tuner show. If your marque is not on the list, move on. There's nother here for you to see. Much less the need to crap on his thread.

Fnck, I'm getting too old for all of this mickey-mouse high school crap. Mick was right. It's time to move on.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:16 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Guys lets keep this civil. If it gets out of hand I will close this thread.

If anyone has any questions or inquiries about exceptions or anything else related to this event please post in a civil manner or contact the OP or event organizer directly.

thanks.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Ah, yes. Yet another unwarranted attack by Wiseacre Willi. It is what it is, get over it. I wouldn't get butt-hurt if Porsche wasn't invited to a tuner show. If your marque is not on the list, move on. There's nother here for you to see. Much less the need to crap on his thread.

Fnck, I'm getting too old for all of this mickey-mouse high school crap. Mick was right. It's time to move on.
^^ Constructive and light-hearted and well-meaning inquiry. And obviously others have had similar questions. I know of the event's past incarnations. I know all the sponsors well.

It seems like a great gig that could be even better with a little more clarification and inclusion which I and all other reasonable people seem to know is a possibility.

But I really do fancy your inclination to "move on". Do it.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
You're such a f#cking asshat

Old 05-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor
EuroSportDC is infamous around these parts
I drove the tour route again today and I can report that it is the most fun we have done. There is plenty of hairpens, tons of sweeper, a good mix of tight corners, long straights and all set among beautiful scenery that would be perfect for a series of hallmark cards.

The route will take us through Virginia, West Virginia (briefly), and Maryland.

It should be a great time.

Kevin Sims
2012 EuroSport DC - June 10th
www.EuroSportDC.com

Old 05-16-2012, 09:26 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I will say this again... Let's keep this thread civil. No more negative or derogatory comments about if your car is eligible or remarks about the cars allowed in this event. If you have any questions or comments please contact Kevin directly. Any remark I see out of line from here forward will be deleted. If we cannot maintain respect and be civil on this thread I will shut it down. I do not wish to do that for Kevin, he is simply trying to promote his event and as a sponsor he should have the right to do so without torment. Let's play nice.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 AM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
why punish the OP and the event by closing the thread, when usually it would be the other poster/s that is ruining it? Shouldn't you ban the troll, not the original poster who isn't the troll

Old 05-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Jesus Christo..... people made harmless comments abt why this car and not that and questioned can I come with car x y or z..... and such a BFD over nothing.

I pm-ed with the organizer, it is no big deal and he never thought it was a big deal. He explained what the scope of his event is and that is it!! Its been a good and widely attended event in the past and I'm sure it will be again.

Why is it some poeple in a group of 10 or so on here who make up 90% or so of all activity on here say all kinds of unrelated nonsense about nothing and i.e. start threads about selling nonsense that has nothing to do with anything with wheels or an engine on it and nobody says a word.... while someone else not in thier 50-post-a-day clique makes a comment or suggestion directly relating to topic of discussion - that multiple people are questioning about - and it draws all this ire and certain people start hurling curses (obviously bc they have nothing novel or intelligent to say but that is a whole different issue) ?? Is this a middle-school chat room or a car forum?

It is the organizer's event. He can obviously do whatever he wants. But some other people / cars might like to come too and they asked and commented about it... thats it! SO what??!!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Sunir - you can just delete certain posts and not delete the thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EuroSport DC - June 10th - Wash DC Exotics Tour