EuroSport DC - June 10th - Wash DC Exotics Tour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
What a huge gathering of exotics and rare sports cars! The mid-Atlantic is a great place to be.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Drummerboy is infamous around these parts
Great time seeing old faces as usual! Had the pleasure of chatting with Balboni for a bit(!) and managed to snag a few pix of the run: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0b9eeea4a5

Old 06-11-2012, 01:39 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
My observations:

Was a fun event... tons of cars, I think there were like 120 exotics and sports cars. LOTS of waiting, good camaraderie...Balboni presentlation was a nice touch.... great to meet new friends and see old friends and share in a fun day together - was a hot day, but a sunny one for driving

Now onto the drive itself...WAY WAY too long., myself as well as many I talked to were almost completely out of fuel by the end - the v12 in some of these cars are super thirsty, I went thru a tank during the drive. Speaking of fluids, many had to hold on to their pee so much that bladders were stressed quite a bit also! As for the groups, too varied a group in terms of cars and drivers/skills. I also saw some very dangerous driving antics out there, including passing on double yellows, cars doing crazy things to keep place in line, even saw a car drive on the side of oncoming traffic passing several cars at one stretch and coming back over close to oncoming traffic coming up, all over double yellow lines !

Lunch was fantastic...red hot and Blue did a nice job. Overall it was a fun day, there was at least one incident where a Mazerati hit an Aston Martin V12Vantage (I was talking to the guy and his wife before the event, real nice folks)...that sorta thing really puts an eyesore on what's supposed to be a fun event, and is IMO one too many incidents.

Just some thoughts above to share....wanted to say thanks to the organizers and Kevin and team for managing this event and all the logistics with so many people and cars. Hopefully each year this event will continue to get better.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:22 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Here is a video of the drive itself.
Start, streets, highways and byways, and at 4:05, twisties!

Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 AM
spoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the rough
Great drive and turn out! I'll post up my pictures once I have time to download them.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:33 AM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
I actually loved the route. A great mix of roads and scenery. It may have been a touch long...but not too bad..hell I only burned 1/2 a tank!

That being said, it would have been next to impossible to drive it well without a navigator. Ion and I it appears would make a great rally team. LOL

Old 06-12-2012, 03:00 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
I had some grips as well, but they were pretty minor. Overall it was a great experience. With the size of the crowd I predicted that something was going to happen, I'm just glad it was a pretty minor accident. Basically played around with Cody's Avetador all day. Even as a passenger it was pretty thrilling. Met Balboni. Got to meet some new people and catch up with old friends. Sat in K Dub's Gallardo for 3 minutes....good times.

Last edited by chrcowan; 06-13-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
sempaipaul is infamous around these parts
Yeah, agreed it would of had atleast been nice to have an organized short brake somewhere midway. But, otherwise I thought it was a fantastic event!

-Paul

Old 06-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Would have been perfect if I had AC!! My wife did a great job navigating,too. We didn't miss a single turn, and only came close once! No 'moments' either, ran a good pace and enjoyed the drive.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Sat in K Dub's Gallardo for 3 minutes....good times.
They don't call it Three Minutes in Heaven for nothin' !!

Video to follow.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:58 PM
RealMCR12 has a spectacular aura aboutRealMCR12 has a spectacular aura about
Here are a few of my videos from the Tour!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi3p2KpKEWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCGHY7EWfYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMWqEPbd15U

Last edited by RealMCR12; 06-12-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 PM
996 Porscheman is infamous around these parts
Great ride! It was good to see all the ML C&C crew! The only feedback I have for Eurosport DC is: All participants should have a navigator and all navigators should ride FREE! Charge per car not per person. I didn't have a navigator and the ride became a little dangerous at times.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:47 AM
unreasonable is infamous around these parts
This was extremely fun and awesome. I'd happily do it again! I'd also like to recommend a few notes, some of which has already been mentioned:

- Gas/water/pee break at some point
- over 100 people and one toaster. Where were the eggs? Exotic owners love eggs.
- Bigger groups. I think we would have stayed together okay and it's more exciting (photo ops, sounds, etc)
- Google maps!

Sorry to hear about the accident. Were those drivers okay?

Last edited by unreasonable; 06-18-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:17 PM
ssong is infamous around these parts
It was a very good turnout. Great to see a few of you guys on here

I'll be sharing my photos soon!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Here are some pics of the Pittsburgh crew meeting up with the Northern VA, DC, MD crew. And me.

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EuroSport DC - June 10th - Wash DC Exotics Tour