Hyperfest 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
unfortunately, seen and heard of a few deer and groundhog hits out there.....a few years ago at pca de a guy nailed a wild turkey coming under the bridge before T10--talk about a mess...feathers and guts all over the interior--driver was ok thankfully.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:13 PM
mdyaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by karmavore
I haven't seen so many shameless low-class hicks in one place since I went to a NOPI show in Atlanta 14 years ago.

Also, they should require special authorization before you can take your shirt off.
I've never been to Hyperfest, nor will I want to. Over the years, I got the same impression from videos, pictures, and comments posted about the kind of crowd that partakes in the events.

Drunk fight video posted in this thread says it all, and has solidified in my mind to never go.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdyaman
I've never been to Hyperfest, nor will I want to. Over the years, I got the same impression from videos, pictures, and comments posted about the kind of crowd that partakes in the events.

Drunk fight video posted in this thread says it all, and has solidified in my mind to never go.
Don't let one bad apple spoil it for you. The annual drunk fight is such a tiny part of the weekend. And I didn't even know there was one until I saw it posted on facebook this morning. If you're not into watching road racing, drifting, checking out a car show, or driving your car on a track with an instructor then this event definitely isn't for you...but the "bad parts" really aren't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. There might be 5 drunk people for every 100.

I might even venture to say that this year was one of my favorite years I've ever been. Friday night my friends and I met so many awesome random people just walking around, because of the different camping spot that we were in, that I hadn't experienced in previous years because I was always partying with Lookout-Drift.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited by Tonk; 06-18-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of

Old 06-20-2012, 03:07 PM
karmavore is infamous around these parts
I'd never go again. The NASA racing isn't exciting, the Lemons is a snooze, the car show was small and pedestrian (and I love modded cars), and the crowed was 95% neanderthal. The drifting was the only good part, but it was a looooong wait.

The best auto "fest" I've been to is the Mitty at Road Atlanta. Tons of interesting cars (classics, exotics, tuner, British, Continental, F1, NASCAR, Prototype, etc.) both on andoff the track. Its a much classier event held in an equally countryfied setting.

DC could do better.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:25 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karmavore
I'd never go again. The NASA racing isn't exciting, the Lemons is a snooze, the car show was small and pedestrian (and I love modded cars), and the crowed was 95% neanderthal. The drifting was the only good part, but it was a looooong wait.

The best auto "fest" I've been to is the Mitty at Road Atlanta. Tons of interesting cars (classics, exotics, tuner, British, Continental, F1, NASCAR, Prototype, etc.) both on andoff the track. Its a much classier event held in an equally countryfied setting.

DC could do better.
Like I said 5 lbs of garbage in a 3 lb bag...I went for the first several years...the event was better when not that many people knew about it....then people started catching on and each year it got worse and worse. Adter the 2007 event I called it quits.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Hyperfest and zone 2 DE at VIR in march are easily my two favorite events I've run. Lemons was a great time this year, the environment was so cool the whole weekend until we retired Saturday evening. Everyone knows the race is a joke, so everyone just wants to have fun. As far as the stuff on the main circuit, I much rather watch real race cars such as the NASA TT cars rather then a bunch of cars with vette motors slide around 4 turns. Roll over contest is a waste of time as is the motorcycle stunt show. Not a lot to do in berryville/summit so it's probably one of the biggest event for the locals and if you're actually involved in one of the events like the DE, or one of the two races, chances are you aren't going to have a lot of time to leave the paddock and mingle with the locals. All of this is in my eyes of course.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:00 AM
ssong is infamous around these parts
LATE on the photos

I know its been two weeks since the event, but due to some unforeseen events I have not had a chance to upload my photos till now.

This was my first time going, didn't know what to expect, but here are the pics that I took throughout the day when I was not getting rolled by the sun.

Car show:

Old 06-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Paddock:

Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Track:

Old 06-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Drift:

Random:

Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Great photos as always!
Thank you.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by ssong
I know its been two weeks since the event, but due to some unforeseen events I have not had a chance to upload my photos till now.
Great pictures!

I have only finished about 15% of my photos so far haha.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
Great photos as always!
Thank you.
No doubt my friend

Originally Posted by Tonk
Great pictures!

I have only finished about 15% of my photos so far haha.
lol I'm gonna be on the lookout for them when you get done!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Obviously my flickr link is in my sig, but here are just a few. So far I've only edited the car show pics for the most part.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyperfest 2012