Hyperfest 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
Hyperfest 2012

next saturday 6/16 at summit point--

anyone else going or running? i'm running gts2 #45 black 944--stop by and say hello if you're there--

LOT'S going on-- check it out

www.hyper-fest.com/

Old 06-08-2012, 07:03 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I had considered a day trip...

Old 06-09-2012, 12:18 PM
great-- i'll be in the main paddock--

have you been to hyperfest before?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
They should broadcast the drunken fights in the grandstands.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
ill be driving in lemons

Old 06-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Misanors4
ill be driving in lemons
cool-- i've never done lemons. looks like a blast!!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:14 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I'm gonna pass... Raced there in the past in gts3 we had 2 red flags in each respective sprint one year... NASA tries to stuff 5 lbs of crap into a 3 lb bag in the hyper fest event ... Way too much going on, not enough control on the crowd, things get outta hand... Too crazy for me any more, I used to go in the past and race there in Gts challenge, but haven't been in a few years...

Old 06-11-2012, 07:45 AM
no doubt things can get crazy with the crowds--car counts were down in 2011 and looking about the same for this year so at least no 50-60 car fields.

there are always going to be some wahoo's out there--the nasa mid-atlantic group runs great, well organized and safe race weekends. unfortunately red flags will eat into a 30-40 minute sprint and it's just "one of them racing deals".....

Old 06-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I've been going every year for the past 8 years. My favorite event out of the year. I'll be there most of Friday, camping out overnight and will be there all day Saturday. I have a media pass so you'll see me all over the place

Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Tonk
I've been going every year for the past 8 years. My favorite event out of the year. I'll be there most of Friday, camping out overnight and will be there all day Saturday. I have a media pass so you'll see me all over the place

cool chris--this is my 5th year at this event. stop by if you get a chance--#45 black '44 turbo. i'm running up thursday afternoon to drop my trailer and run my car thru tech then heading back up early friday for the practice day. done a few DE's this year but no racing yet--so i need to shake out the cobwebs before they throw the green on satuday !!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zahjah
cool chris--this is my 5th year at this event. stop by if you get a chance--#45 black '44 turbo. i'm running up thursday afternoon to drop my trailer and run my car thru tech then heading back up early friday for the practice day. done a few DE's this year but no racing yet--so i need to shake out the cobwebs before they throw the green on satuday !!
Awesome, I'll keep my eyes open for you and your car! Might not make it up into the paddock area...unfortunately the staff has made it really hard for photographers. I used to be able to drive all over the place as long as I presented my pass, and they'd put a sticker on my windshield. Now they make you walk everywhere which totally sucks when you're trying to walk from the Jefferson circuit all the way over to the paddock area haha.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:00 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
no doubt things can get crazy with the crowds--car counts were down in 2011 and looking about the same for this year so at least no 50-60 car fields.

there are always going to be some wahoo's out there--the nasa mid-atlantic group runs great, well organized and safe race weekends. unfortunately red flags will eat into a 30-40 minute sprint and it's just "one of them racing deals".....
Hey bud, first off best of luck this weekend! Have fun out there

I wasn't talking about the racing as being a cluster f*ck per se (although it has been, grossl;y mismanaged, uneven fields, time delays etc...) I was mostly talking about the crowds, drunk people, folks stealing stuff out of the paddock coming from the other parts of the event and camping out creating a mess and casuin drama...also has been some bad effects to racers - a buddy of mine had a set of fikse race wheels with Rcomp hoosiers stolen one year...another buddy of mine had a bunch of tools stolen another year...etc... the kids out there go crazy, there are too many people, too much different events happening at once, and everyone is in a frenzy and boozed out...again I used to go for a few years when this thing started out...it's out of control, 5lbs of $hit in a 3lb bag.... I got an email from BSR to instruct at Hyperdrives, if in the very small chance I do go that is what I'll be doing, but that is only a slight chance...

Old 06-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tonk
Awesome, I'll keep my eyes open for you and your car! Might not make it up into the paddock area...unfortunately the staff has made it really hard for photographers. I used to be able to drive all over the place as long as I presented my pass, and they'd put a sticker on my windshield. Now they make you walk everywhere which totally sucks when you're trying to walk from the Jefferson circuit all the way over to the paddock area haha.

yea, they have tightented things up a bit in recent years....just tell them you are crewing for me-- i'll give you my cell phone number and last name if you want-- or you can "borrow" my paddock pass if you do want to come over.

samething on friday if they give you any crap (and they shouldn't)--just tell them your on my crew--

Old 06-11-2012, 02:36 PM
yea, they have tightented things up a bit in recent years....just tell them you are crewing for me-- i'll give you my cell phone number and last name if you want-- or you can "borrow" my paddock pass if you do want to come over.

samething on friday if they give you any crap (and they shouldn't)--just tell them your on my crew--
The main thing is I just want to be able to drive up there instead of walking all over the place. I even talked to Chris last year (the guy who organizes Hyperfest) because my friend does the commercial for them and that's how I get my media pass, and even he couldn't pull some strings to allow me to drive up there.

I could afford to lose a few pounds though so maybe that long walk isn't such a bad thing

Old 06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I did Hyperdrives a couple years back and was unimpressed. Short track, many unskilled and dangerous drivers out there with you. One guy spun around right in front of me on the first warm up lap of the first session. I knew the day was doomed. Plus, I don't have the built in cooler suits like you other guys have that would have made the heat more bareable. This year I am planning to run up for the day Saturday with a couple of buddies. Plan to be there by 9 before the masses show up. The line in can get to be miles long just to enter the facility, just an FYI.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyperfest 2012